Volkanovski and Ortega would’ve beat prime Aldo

Volkanovski probably, but not Ortega.

Ortega's biggest asset on the feet is his creativity and instinct. When he gets his read on his opponent, he can end you instantly with a perfect timed Elbow, Knee, and other kinds of strikes. But it's going to be hard to do that against Aldo because he's very defensively responsible on the feet and doesn't leave any opening.

Brian also doesn't push his pace and likes to counter his opponent on his back foot, but that's a terrible way to fight Aldo. It's nearly impossible to beat Aldo by pot-shotting him from the distance and waiting for him to give you an opening. Jose is just too skilled, too fast, too explosive, and too defensively responsible to get beat that way.

Ortega gets his ass kicked in most of his fights win or loss. This is a wild post. Aldo would beat Ortega all over the octagon. He has no prayer taking him down and he is too slow to ever get Aldo in danger on the feet. Embarrassing.

Volk held Aldo against the fence for 3 rounds.and won a very boring decision.

I'm tired of the Aldo disrespect.

Aldo went 5 rounds with the likes of Mendes, Lamas, Faber, Edgar, but fucking Ortega would finish him. This place sometimes...

I totally agree
I told you Volk was winning that fight bud, least you can be proud of your boy for his efforts, how he came back to arguably win the 5th round was impressive, guy's a fecking Zombie. Bottom line though better guy won on the night. Now you can jump entirely on the Volk war wagon.

Volkanovski might be better than Aldo everywhere. His footwork, fight IQ and cardio would be no match for Aldo. Prime Aldo was quite static, didn’t use much feints and only exploded in blitzing combos and threw naked leg kicks. Volk would’ve danced circles around him and would’ve drowned Aldo in championship rounds with his crazy pace.

Ortega can’t be finished. Aldo would probably outstrike him for a round or 2, but Ortega would take the fight later on. And if it hits the ground at any moment, Ortega sleeps Aldo for sure. Only bald Volk can survive that.

Aldo’s cardio wouldn’t have allowed to compete with the 2 beasts.
Also Volk and Aldo beat Aldo’s best wins easily- Mendes, Frankie, KZ, Cub and also Volk beat Max twice, something Aldo couldn’t achieve and beat Aldo as well.

It’s time to put some respect on Volk’s name as the best FW of all time.

P.S. the best and the greatest isn’t the same thing. Aldo is still the FW GOAT for now

these threads are the worst

canelo would've beaten sugar ray
holyfield would've beaten ali
joshua would've beaten liston
(insert fighter from one era) would've beaten (insert fighter from another era)
etc etc

the fact is you actually do not know, no one will, and for you to claim as such is pretty arrogant.

fight styles change, technology changes, the time the place, etc

It's fine to talk about fantasy match ups, but to simply say someone who recently won is better than someone who had a DECADE of dominance is pretty fuckin stupid.

you're so damn desperate to argue goats.
With that said, volk is an amazing fighter and I would have loved to watch him vs prime aldo.
Prime aldo wins imo.

I told you Volk was winning that fight bud, least you can be proud of your boy for his efforts, how he came back to arguably win the 5th round was impressive, guy's a fecking Zombie. Bottom line though better guy won on the night. Now you can jump entirely on the Volk war wagon.
Instant rematch is needed..

Aldo is like 5-10 years removed from his prime and still competing at a top level in the UFC. Let’s see how Volk’s and Ortega’s careers pan out. So far I’d favour Prime Aldo over them, he was a beast, crazy reflexes and speed.

I think Volkanovski would have beaten prime Aldo and actually don’t think Aldo has faded very much to present day.

I think right now Aldo would most likely fuck Ortega up. Styles make fights, and Ortega simply isn’t as good of a striker as Aldo, Holloway, Volk. And given the fact that Aldo is quite possibly the best at avoiding anything resembling that isn’t a striking match in the history of MMA…

The thing about Ortega is he’s absolutely brilliant at taking advantage of favorable positions when they present themselves. But much like Rockhold, he’s not great at creating those moments where he’s at his best.

Instant rematch is needed..
Nah bud, just nah, don't worry though after Volk beats Max for a third time Ortega will probably only need to beat two fighters to get the next shot. Should face Giga next, or Zabit if the latter hasn't officially retired yet. About the only other two contenders at the moment considering Yair's likely going to get destroyed by Max. Allen might be another sneaky shout.

Volk did beat prime Aldo.
giphy.gif

I got Aldo by 3 rounds and Volk if its a 5 rounder. Alex cardio would demolish José in the later rounds (so Volk if its a Title fight)

Ortega has no shot against Aldo.

Volk most likely beats Prime Aldo the same way he did with current Aldo.
I don't see what prime Aldo could bring to the table.

However Imo prime Mendez would be a problem for Volk. It'a 40/60 match up imo.

Mendez's power,feint, physicality and speed is super scary abd I don't think Volk could clinch stall like he did vs Amdo
Mendes gassed out against Conor of all people in 2 rounds. His output was never even close to Volk’s. Volk would outpace and outlast him easily

Ortega is a good fighter, but his best win is probably Korean Zombie coming off a long layoff.

His wins over Edgar and Swanson were well past their primes.

The only advantage I can see him having against Aldo is size.
So you think Aldo is more durable, has better cardio and BJJ than Ortega? Lol

Back