News Volkan vs Latifi, UFC Newark

This card is starting to look pretty good with Colby vs Lawler / Miller vs Guida / Latifi vs Volkan

<mma4>

Hopefully it happens this time... expecting fireworks.

this looks like an ESPN card now... good stuff

Latifi tried to weasel out of the first matchup now Volkan will finish him

I imagine this is a must win for Volkan.

Every card they be doing is looking like 100x better than ufc 240.. and yet 240 is charging 135 + 20 $ con fee for the cheap seats.

Yeah I’m glad they remade this one
Volkan is a guilty pleasure of mine

He broke his back. Spinal.

Apparently. In his fight week interviews leading up to it he seemed fine.

According to his coach, he had the injury for months but it was under control. It got worse during the weight cut and during the last practice it got severe. However, team all-star is shit at handling and preventing injuries so I'm not surprised. Their trackrecord is awful. Interesting interview btw about the gym, Gus, Latino.

Battle of gatekeepers. Rooting for Volkan but his grappling is horrible, so I expect Queen L to win this.

And volkan was campaining for another opponent....

nice try

Unless a couple of the fights that were added when the event was linked to Sochi shift to other events, the card is nearly complete.

upload_2019-6-25_14-12-21.png

Im glad they rebooked this fight, it makes sense and for the division being so shallow, these two need to fight.

Could be fireworks.

Every card they be doing is looking like 100x better than ufc 240.. and yet 240 is charging 135 + 20 $ con fee for the cheap seats.

Not only that....

but $400 + for 1st level seating.

The card literally has sold less than 1/4 of the tickets. Go to ticketmaster and look at the page and you will see blue dots everywhere.

They need to add some major last minute tune up fights or this card is going to flop financially. (or at least at the gate, I guess they don't care about PPV buys anymore)

Not only that....

but $400 + for 1st level seating.

The card literally has sold less than 1/4 of the tickets. Go to ticketmaster and look at the page and you will see blue dots everywhere.

They need to add some major last minute tune up fights or this card is going to flop financially. (or at least at the gate, I guess they don't care about PPV buys anymore)

The Canadian cards are struggling without the excitement of GSP and Elias Thedeorou

Back