Volk vs Ortega was way closer than people think

Do we need a rematch

• Total voters
Shit happens in a fight. Gotta be ready for anything. I mean you never saw khabib caught with any weird shit like that. Or Jones.

To be fair, they never faced someone like Ortega who is an expert at triangles and chokes. He wraps subs so fast.

I thought Ortega did enough for round two… I had it 1-1 after the second. I might be in the minority but round two was close.

He got outstruck by like 15 strikes in round 2, and he didn't land anything heavy enough to out-weigh that differential. If anything, volk was landing the harder shots along with having more volume. The first two rounds were reasonablly competitive, though.

1, 2, and 4 weren't that close. Volk took those. You could argue 3 and 5 for Ortega. I personally think 49-46 is the correct score.

Honestly ortegas failed sub attempts and the headbutt made the fight seing heavily to volk

Maybe one of the best FW fights ever but clear Volk victory. No rematch needed anytime soon. Fresh blood fresh blood.
<{JustBleed}>

Typical wrestler loving dummy UFC fans give no points to Ortega for submissions. Just like Hughes vs. Charuto.

Another white fan, not a fight fan

Jeez I’m so glad I’m not as sorry and pathetic as people like you
Lmfao, not only are you big mad, you're profoundly retarded!

{<jordan}

Also, LOL the poll pretty much /threads this.

<bball2>

I like ortega but volk beat him handedly. He was in the fight but there was zero doubt who won the fight.

enough with the fucking rematches. he clearly lost

The way Ortega improves in between fights… I wouldn’t doubt it would be a much closer affair next time around.
T-City coming for that strap whether y’all like it or not.
We didn't see much of an improvement he just fought an overrated fighter in his return fight

Didn’t Ortega rock volk with a jab at the end of round 1? That round was super close if I remember right. And round 2. And 3. And 5. (Which Ortega won for sure rd 5)

Na he wasn't rocked, he was leaning back and it knocked him off balance. Was not really a hard shot and Volk was in no danger

I thought he got the shit beaten out of him and although it’s an amazing show of heart thus beating and the Max beating will pile up the mileage

I thought he got the shit beaten out of him and although it’s an amazing show of heart thus beating and the Max beating will pile up the mileage
The sherdog play by play said he rocked him with that jab so idk.

Typical wrestler loving dummy UFC fans give no points to Ortega for submissions. Just like Hughes vs. Charuto.

Your points from subs come when your opponent passes out or taps. Failed attempts shouldn't be worth much even if they are close. Arguably those sub attempts did more damage to Ortega than Volk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back