Volk vs Ortega was way closer than people think

Do we need a rematch

• Total voters
Volkanovski clearly won rounds 1-4, and rounds 3-4 should be 10-8 Volk since he nearly killed Ortega in both. At the end of one of them (round 3 I believe), Ortega's corner had to scrape him off of the canvas and place him on the stool.

Ortega had 2 near finishes with a near year long layoff..it would be interesting to see a rematch in 4 months (if he is even cleared from that beat down)
Makes more sense than Rose vs Zhang 2, so why not

Somewhat unrelated, but yeah 50-44 was a bullshit score.

I had it 49-45 volk

Round 1: 10-9 volk
Round 2: 10-9 volk
Round 3: 10-9 volk
Round 4: 10-8 Volk
Round 5: 10-9 Ortega

I haven't re-watched the fight, so my 10-8 round might be wrong, but I was fairly certain I gave volk a 10-8 in one of those rounds.

Last edited:
Didn’t Ortega rock volk with a jab at the end of round 1? That round was super close if I remember right. And round 2. And 3. And 5. (Which Ortega won for sure rd 5)

I thought Ortega did enough for round two… I had it 1-1 after the second. I might be in the minority but round two was close.

T-City just fought for the belt twice in his last 3 fights, and got brutalized.

You are delusional.

Some of those rounds were 10-8 maybe 10-7 territory.

Ortega was outpointed early and then plainly got the shit beat on of him before finishing decently. Two near misses while otherwise losing handily doesn’t necessitate an immediate rematch. He didn’t even win the round he had his best moments because he got beaten so badly. Volk was clearly the better fighter.

Nooooooo! Rematches stall the division we need new contenders and fresh matches

That should've been scored 49-44 Volk. Fuck your rematch. Volkanovski can fight again in a few months, Ortega not for another year.
Another white fan, not a fight fan

Jeez I’m so glad I’m not as sorry and pathetic as people like you

Shit happens in a fight. Gotta be ready for anything. I mean you never saw khabib caught with any weird shit like that. Or Jones.

True. Volk was just barely given the nod.

Didn’t Ortega rock volk with a jab at the end of round 1? That round was super close if I remember right. And round 2. And 3. And 5. (Which Ortega won for sure rd 5)

Uh no they weremt super close. Jesus some of you have no idea what youre seeing. Volk outlanded Ortega nearly 2 to 1 in round 5. No Ortega didnt clearly win round 5. Not sure where this narrative is coming from. He never hurt Volk and got outstruck besides the first minute.

Volk landed close to twice as many shots as Ortega every single round. He also landed the cleaner, more powerful shots. You arent close to winning if youre losing the volume battle, the cleaner more powerful strike battle and the damage battle.

He was competitive but this was not a super close fight.

eh, Ortega is tough and certainly looked much more competitive than he did against Holloway

But Volk also spent like two rounds dodging crazy subs so he could mash Ortega's face into hamburger

I would like to see a rematch a year or so, but definitely not right away.

ortegas corner literally had to scrape his carcass off of the mat after third round

Back