Volk vs Ortega was way closer than people think

Do we need a rematch

• Total voters

regmma123

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ortega had 2 near finishes with a near year long layoff..it would be interesting to see a rematch in 4 months (if he is even cleared from that beat down)

Ortega now has 4 blue eyes… He’s not getting any immediate rematch.

Volk should have finished him off and instead Ortega found new life and took it to him in the last round. They have to fight again. Volk has no neck so choking him out is nearly impossible. He reminds me of Wallid Ismail and Tie Domi (hockey). Punch him and your hand just bounces off his thick cranium. Regardless, Ortega comes out of the fight knowing he can win and Volk is left with doubt. If I was Ortega I'd work on Palhares style leg locks for the next fight. Get him down, go for the neck and switch to the leg. Great fight regardless.

The way Ortega improves in between fights… I wouldn’t doubt it would be a much closer affair next time around.

T-City coming for that strap whether y’all like it or not.

Volk should have finished him off and instead Ortega found new life and took it to him in the last round. They have to fight again. Volk has no neck so choking him out is nearly impossible. He reminds me of Wallid Ismail and Tie Domi (hockey). Punch him and your hand just bounces off his thick cranium. Regardless, Ortega comes out of the fight knowing he can win and Volk is left with doubt. If I was Ortega I'd work on Palhares style leg locks for the next fight. Get him down, go for the neck and switch to the leg. Great fight regardless.
Just take the L, bud.

The way Ortega improves in between fights… I wouldn’t doubt it would be a much closer affair next time around.

Well hopefully next time it will take more than a one fight win streak to get him a championship shot. Has to be a bare minimum of 3 wins from a title fight now.

Maybe if he dumps the gril and shows up on time he'll realize his full potential but until then nah

"Improves after fights"...
Dude was gone for like 2 and half years, he better fucking improve lol.

Wouldn't surprise me, but first he needs to take some time off, and then, he needs to get his pudgy @$$ into the weight room. His people seriously need to put him through a rigorous strength training program. To be off for that long & still be that soft is unacceptable

He can definitely do it though. He's the toughest guy the sport has seen since Condit. Anything is possible with a chin & will like that.

When you win a UD and take the absolute best that a man can throw at you then still come back for more and put a beating on him your conclusion is that Volk is coming out with doubt?
Wow I'm genuinely impressed by such a garbage take. Surely you are trolling.

Ortega doesn’t strike me as a great person but that was super human Frankie Edgar level heart. That was fight of the year ..It would be interesting to see if a rematch in the near future without a year long layoff would have the same result

You guys aren’t fight fans, you’re white fans. Pathetic

Back