Volk is the only fighter right now who is ...

Thats insane. He is miles above Nunes.

Disagree.

Both great fighters, but it could even be argued that Amanda has beaten better competition in her career too.

Disagree.

Both great fighters, but it could even be argued that Amanda has beaten better competition in her career too.
Yah like any female fighter has ever been as good as Aldo/Holloway

Im a fan of Nunes,her distance control is amazing,but she never is going to be as good as the top male 145'ers because her competition does not require being that good to defeat.

Yah like any female fighter has ever been as good as Aldo/Holloway

Her level of competition has been higher. It is what it is. Doesn’t mean Volk isn’t great either.

She’s walked through top tier athletes such as Raquel Canuto, Sheila Gaff, Megan Anderson, Germaine de Randamie, Sara McMann, Valentina Shevchenko (x2), Cris Cyborg, Miesha Tate, Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm with absolute ease. I’ve probably missed some too.

It’s just an opinion mate, take it easy it’s Sunday.

Fellow aussie and sydney resident. Met him once, down to earth and nice person. Glad he is doing very well.

I hope he gets a bit of recognition in our mainstream media for this, he's one of our greatest sportsmen at the moment

Her level of competition has been higher. It is what it is. Doesn’t mean Volk isn’t great either.

She’s walked through top tier athletes such as Raquel Canuto, Sheila Gaff, Megan Anderson, Germaine de Randamie, Sara McMann, Valentina Shevchenko (x2), Cris Cyborg, Miesha Tate, Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm with absolute ease. I’ve probably missed some too.

Lol stop taking the piss

Lol surely you jest sir, not even Megan Anderson thinks she's a top tier athlete. Poor girl was only in the UFC owing to the absolute shallowness of the 145 pound division. It's like saying Volk beat a top tier athlete Jai Bradney, at a hilariously named event Roshambo 3.

Well in no way did amanda walk through valentina. She had a split win title fight and before that won 2 rds before floundering in the 3rd in her first val fight. Focus on her cyborg and derandemie wins or the previous 135 champs, shes still very impressive.

Volk is great in all the skills and attributes but he still cant finish a wet paper bag. Nothing tells me he is definitively better than max in spite of their last 2 fights. He has inhumanly high work-rate and durability, two things that coincidentally come and go as testing changes.

Well in no way did amanda walk through valentina. She had a split win title fight and before that won 2 rds before floundering in the 3rd in her first val fight. Focus on her cyborg and derandemie wins or the previous 135 champs, shes still very impressive.

Volk is great in all the skills and attributes but he still cant finish a wet paper bag. Nothing tells me he is definitively better than max in spite of their last 2 fights. He has inhumanly high work-rate and durability, two things that coincidentally come and go as testing changes.
Fuck you're a sad cunt

CURRENT P4P
1. Usman
2. Volk

Then there's a gap to Izzy, Jones, Francis. Jones in his prime higher but if we are basing this off the last 3 years, he is down the list.

The worst you can say about Volk is that he isn't particularly large for the division. Beyond that, he is noticeably above average in pretty much every other respect.

Very good - great at EVERYTHING.

I'm sure there is some recency bias, and probably just bias in general as I've always liked him as a fighter but I'd like to have this discussion...

Grappling
Bjj
Boxing
Kick boxing
Cardio
Power
Chin
Fight IQ
Striking defense across the board..
Distance control,
Volume,
Etc, etc

He literally checks every single check box at a high level. You can't say this for AS, GSP, Jones , Aldo or anybody really current or former.

This is really advanced, modern , mma of the highest calibur. I know im jumping the gun and will get some slack for saying this but please don't twist my wording when I say "He has a goat level foundation" and may be looked at as a hallmark for modern mma down the road . I'm extremely impressed right now.

*No Known Weaknesses* meme comes to life

I contest chin and fight IQ. Is Ortega known as a puncher? If not he had Volk's ass planted on the matt and he was also buzzed in the 5th. Instead of letting Ortega stand up and busting him up on the feet Volk kept risking getting subbed by trying to GNP Ortega so fight iq needs to go down a notch.

She walked through Valentina? WMAA is just a different level, its a matter of how many practitioners wmma has.

The worst you can say about Volk is that he isn't particularly large for the division. Beyond that, he is noticeably above average in pretty much every other respect.
To be at such a height and reach disadvantage, it’s even more impressive that he the champ and is a testament to his overall skillset.

Guessing you never saw jon,gsp or dj fight

Disagree.

You can't be serious.
Have you seen her second fight against GDR? It was nothing short of embarassing, it looked amateur level which absolutely baffled me because up till this moment Nunes looked really solid.

Back