Volk is kinda lucky

Yes, because coming a cunt hair away from tapping, and then getting locked into another bad spot was all part of the plan.

And all these developments would be irrelevant to his future opponents game plans....

I used a trollish subject line to get into a discussion about what happened. I know volk is top of the food chain, i just think he is beatable by sub early. Fanboy that u are.

You're a moron, bud. Also a pussy who's never grappled a day in your sorry life. Stop talking. Life isn't a Jet Li flippy spinny movie.

You're a moron, bud. Also a pussy who's never grappled a day in your sorry life. Stop talking. Life isn't a Jet Li flippy spinny movie.

by no means am i an ultimate badass like you but i have trained a bit, wrestling, boxing, tma, and bjj. Even sparred a bit with 2 ufc fighters, who took it very easy on me. Anyway, Just grow up. Volk was a bit reckless and relied on his amazing attributes to get out of 2 bad spots. Its not "luck" but its not exactly a great idea either. Calm your vag already.

Let's make deedeedee opinion into a thread whewwwwwwwww

No luck involved.

He didn't panic during the sub attempts, which helped him with focusing on how to escape instead of struggling and letting it sink deeper because you're not thinking clearly.

Fear is what makes many people tap. Volk had no fear, and was able to compose himself to hold out until he was able to escape, either from his positioning or Ortega's grip starting to fatigue, or a combo of both.

Either way, he wasn't lucky. He was fearless.

Im sure plenty of guys tried subbing him in the gym and Volk knows how tough he is in them spots, you dont think he was preparing and drilling bjj defence prior to fighting Brian? lol Volks a damn fire hydrant. Hard to sub a guy in round 4 or 5 with tired arms after taking a beating every round, I was more surprised that Ortega had the energy to try lol as was volk id imagine

His sub defense consists of supernatural resistance to subs that would finish a mere mortal

If Ortega got on the ground in first few mins we would have a new champ

Less sweat, more power left to crank

Volk won, he is better, but there is a hole in his game.
Hes the champ. So he does not have a hole in his game. Lols.

So his "supernatural resistance to subs" is a hole in his game? Kind of sounds like a pretty strong attribute to me.

Not exactly sure what OP means but it seemed to me he didn't quite get out of the sub using skill or only skill, it was more power and strength. (I could be wrong, I don't know the detail of BJJ)

Very tough, just like his ancestor, Alexander III the Macedon

Those were some of the tightest guillotine and triangle I've ever seen. No idea how he didn't go out. Maybe a little careless of Volk to get caught like that. Jiujitsu might not be the strongest aspect of his game. But he is obviously tough as fuck to choke out. If Ortega can't do it who will?
Im pretty sure Volk is impossible to choke out. BJJ blackbelts would be better of going for his limbs.

Uhhhhhh

you can’t supernaturally resist a choke. Doesn’t matter how tough you are when a chokes in your going to sleep.

a mounted guillotine is one of the more difficult guillotínes to finish. Ortega is a pro at chokes but I’m just saying out of all of the the guillotines, mounted is the easiest to get out of. You’re able to use your whole body to push off your opponent.

If the blood flow is properly cut off for long enough, you go out, no matter how tough you are.

Volk was fighting until the very last second where others would have already tapped, that's how he survived. Nothing to do with luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back