Volk is kinda lucky

Very few could have gotten out of those 3rd round sub attempts. Volk did it with sheer willpower. The man is an animal.

I was also mightily impressed with how quick Ortega got that first sub attempt in then got a triangle while getting pounded. Crazy round.

TS just wanted to ensure you were aware that he's an idiot.

Yes, because coming a cunt hair away from tapping, and then getting locked into another bad spot was all part of the plan.

And all these developments would be irrelevant to his future opponents game plans....

I used a trollish subject line to get into a discussion about what happened. I know volk is top of the food chain, i just think he is beatable by sub early. Fanboy that u are.

Who cares, Zabit is coming for that belt.

1632675800988.jpg

As Rudy T. once said, "Don't EVER underestimate the heart of a champion!"

The "hole" is this - volks confidence in his undeniable talents and training causes him to take some risks

If you can get him to do that when he is a bit drier in rd 1, you have a better chance of subbing him

This shouldn't be controversial tbh
Volk has never been subbed in his entire career. Ortega couldn't do it. Must be a pretty small hole.

That's on his corner more than anything else.

That's on the doctor first and foremost; you'd think those failed answers would be enough for him to judge that continuing would be bad for his health. Typically a doctor would have stopped the fight because of that.

When you think about it, just refusing to tap and continuing to resist is a great trait. It represents a strong will, which goes a long way in fighting.

Fair argument- so whats your game plan vs volk?

Ignore what we saw last night?

Honest question
Last night was a great performance from Volkanovski. It's hard to gameplan for him because he's solid everywhere. He's a stoic fighter who is always under control of himself. Betting on subbing a guy who's never been subbed in a fight isn't the best hill to be on.

Best chance is knocking him out. Max put him on the floor twice with headkicks.

Last night was a great performance from Volkanovski. It's hard to gameplan for him because he's solid everywhere. He's a stoic fighter who is always under control of himself. Betting on subbing a guy who's never been subbed in a fight isn't the best hill to be on.

Best chance is knocking him out. Max put him on the floor twice with headkicks.

Maybe the highest chance of him losing is that he gets over confident and connor ko's him?

Maybe the highest chance of him losing is that he gets over confident and connor ko's him?
FW Conor was a beast. No doubt he'd have a good chance of knocking Volk out, at least until the middle of the 2nd. I'm not sure who's going to be next. FW is pretty wide open. I know I don't want to see Max vs Volk in a best of 5.

His sub defense consists of supernatural resistance to subs that would finish a mere mortal

If Ortega got on the ground in first few mins we would have a new champ

Less sweat, more power left to crank

Volk won, he is better, but there is a hole in his game.

But Ortega didn't...because Volk was beating the shit out of him

As the champ himself will tell you, it's all about the hard work, kid.
Luck doesn't have anything to do with it.

His sub defense consists of supernatural resistance to subs that would finish a mere mortal

If Volk was weaker and Ort was Stronger

If Volk was slower and Ort was so and so

If Volk was sweatier and so and so

If and So

Last edited:

no fighter is perfect. just like brian has a whole in his game with his striking.

That's not luck. Volk was caught in two dead to right subs and escape them both, there was also another attempt somewhere in there that wasn't quite tight, but Volk scrambled well and stayed safe. Maybe escaping one might've been luckish, but getting out of all of the traps? Noo, that is grit, some skill, and perhaps a bit of genetics/strength. Any other fighter in the division would have have been got. Hell, IDK even if Khabib could escape those (not that Khabib would ever be in those positions to begin with due to his approach and counters, but you get my point)...

Last edited:
Would've Could've Should've

No luck concerning Volkenator

Back