Volk is an unabashed point fighter

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
He never got close to finshing, you could tell he was just trying to win the rounds. All his talk about how we was going to stop Max was nonsense. When things were going bad for him, he just spams leg kicks and circles out or shoots for a takedown. Anytime he landed a decent shot, he would play it safe.

I get the point of doing anything possible to retain the title, but he is going to fight like this until someone beats him.

Got I hate boring champs.

Every little thing he did was immediately answered by Holloway. Which I'm sure was a message to the judges, not that they gave a shit.

its funny but people think because volk was 245 at one point that that power translates to a manlet size.

It really didn't though.

He let go of that power when he dropped 100 lbs.

I understand why people feel like Holloway won the fight and I respect that. However, he should have been more prepared to stop Volks wrestling and you could tell it kind of surprised him. Both fighters did enough to win, it should have been ruled a draw

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s unfortunate. Since the Jose Aldo fight he seems to be fighting with a very stringent point fighting strategy.

Adasanya is also guilty of this in some fights, might be a city kickboxing thing.

I’m understand why people feel like Holloway won the fight and I respect that. However, he should have been more prepared to stop Volks wrestling and you could tell it kind of surprised him. Both fighters did enough to win, it should have been ruled a draw
Unified MMA scoring is not supposed to score for takedowns with no follow up offense.

It’s unfortunate. Since the Jose Aldo fight he seems to be fighting with a very stringent point fighting strategy.

Adasanya is also guilty of this in some fights, might be a city kickboxing thing.
At least Adesanya wins by getting a lot more points than the opponent. This guy just let the judges bail his ass out.

He never got close to finshing, you could tell he was just trying to win the rounds. All his talk about how we was going to stop Max was nonsense. When things were going bad for him, he just spams leg kicks and circles out or shoots for a takedown. Anytime he landed a decent shot, he would play it safe.

I get the point of doing anything possible to retain the title, but he is going to fight like this until someone beats him.

Got I hate boring champs.

Unabashed TS, for fooks sake mate.

Every fight is different goof
Why would he head hunt when he’s down 2 rounds

This. Volk vs Holloway is always going to be a closely contested contest like this. Can't hate either one for being incapable of dominating the other. Volkanovski vs most other contenders in the division should be a lot more interesting.

Dustin was hitting Max with absolute bombs and couldn't put him away. Volk wasting energy trying to put Max away is a bad strategy and the city kickboxing guys aren't shy to do a poke and back off strategy.

Why would he go balls to the wall against a guy who withstood everything Poirier threw at him at a higher weight class? Aldo tried that the first time he faced Max and look at how that ended up.

Volkanovski adjusts accordingly to each fight.

its funny but people think because volk was 245 at one point that that power translates to a manlet size.

It really didn't though.

He let go of that power when he dropped 100 lbs.

Yeah, I love how people bring that up all the time. Sure, he might have a wide frame for his height, but once the muscle mass disappears, you don’t get to retain the same strength.

I mean, you need muscle fibers to contract to generate force. Once the muscle isn’t there, he’s not gonna feel like when he was 215, it’s pretty irrelevant. He’s a different human now, I don’t get it.

is it just assumed that when someone adopts a boring point fighting strategy that they must therefore be winning because of how boring they are? kind of like how people think healthy food tastes bad, and good tasting food is unhealthy? "wow this boring asshole is putting me to sleep, he must be doing a great job in there!"

Back