Volk calls out UFC commentary team

UFC was lost when Bruce Beck left, he was dignified and of higher class stock.

UFC 10 was also probably the best commentary team ever consisting of himself and Tank Abbott, Tank was amazing on commentary, probably the funniest and most entertaining ever in UFC, much better than the fights.

I get that many people watch from home, or with friends, or groups of friends... but why not make yer OWN commentary?

I mean shit, when all the bars were shut down and there was NO PLACE to go, we'd sit in our discord with 5,6,7 of us good friends and just talk over the entire fights.

Creating your own narrative and opinions is superior, and I've never minded the FLAT commentary. Just saying, speak as the fight goes with whoever yer watching with? Yell over yer table at the bar.... Put yer own headset on and call the fights while playing poker on the side lol.

Just a thought. Everyone here acts like there's 1 form of media in a world where you can literally have 3 monitors, 8 people, all in vid chat playing poker, drinking beer with headsets from around the world and not keep yer peepers on the fights at the same time.

Legally speaking of course.

Oddly enough as a side note, when we take a consensus of the 3-9 people generally in channel on a decision, we're normally right :)

I dunno, maybe people don't have that option, but discord/vid/drinking.... Got a lotta friends that are either 100 miles away or in fuckin kiwi land.... Why listen to the commentary and bitch about it every event if you have options.....

Or is this some nerd thing that weird people do? Back for Bonna / Griffin we had an entire warcraft server talking about the event, all the TS and ventrillos... we just sorta made it a thing after that to bring in fight fans and get drunk and watch.

Also I have no problem with the Volk vs Ortega fight going 5 rounds , in fact Ortega won RD 5 I don't think the end of the 3rd justified a stoppage .

Ortega laid on the ground for 15 seconds motionless when round 3 ended and his corner picked him up off the ground (illegal - TKO at that point).

Then when the break ended they bought him an extra 90 seconds with the Dr and Herb asking him questions that he would give the wrong answer to every time - again, TKO at that point.

It’s amazing he was coming on in the last 15 seconds of the 5th but IMO he still lost that round. He took an extra 100 punches to the face while out on his feet because Herb/the UFC changed the rules to favor him when he was clearly TKO’d.

Let’s be honest - if Ortega was doing GnP to Volk like he got done to him they would’ve stopped the fight 100/100 times. Kind of like Khabib to McG - you know if the tables were turned the ref stops the fight, which means “the fix” is in.

As fight fans it’s good for us, for the fighters brain and long-term health, not so much. Seems like gross misconduct by the ref and athletic commission but they are just an extension of the UFC at this point so none of this is unexpected, but it doesn’t make it any less disgusting.

Ortega laid on the ground for 15 seconds motionless when round 3 ended and his corner picked him up off the ground (illegal - TKO at that point).

Then when the break ended they bought him an extra 90 seconds with the Dr and Herb asking him questions that he would give the wrong answer to every time - again, TKO at that point.

It’s amazing he was coming on in the last 15 seconds of the 5th but IMO he still lost that round. He took an extra 100 punches to the face while out on his feet because Herb/the UFC changed the rules to favor him when he was clearly TKO’d.

As fight fans it’s good for us, for the fighters brain and long-term health, not so much. Seems like gross misconduct buy the ref and athletic commission but they are just an extension of the UFC at this point so none of this is unexpected, but it doesn’t make it any less disgusting.
There is nothing in the rules that says a gassed fighter laying down after a RD is a TKO as it was clear he was able to continue by the end of the the 1 minute break (theres no rule that a corner cant help their fighter up) . The doctors stopping Ortega and him giving muddled answers is questionable but he was able to answer somewhat and if you remember the Roxanne fight the same night she went back to her corner saying she "couldnt hear them" and was totally out of it , fighting is hectic . I do not think the unified rules define that as a clear TKO . I also think its an exaggeration to say the only reason Ortega won rd 5 was the last 15 seconds but thats a mute point .

DC needs to be given a Satuday morning kids cartoon show job. He sounds like a 6 year old.

Anik. I have no idea how this clown ever got this job. Must be a brother in law of somebody high up.

Anik says the dumbest shit.. "Alright guys one more sleep see you tomorrow night". Anik
is so shit and awkward. The Diaz tattoo also.... Can't stand him.

DC and Felder saying "let's go!!" all summer like some Jake Paul fanboys.

There is nothing in the rules that says a gassed fighter laying down after a RD is a TKO as it was clear he was able to continue by the end of the the 1 minute break (theres no rule that a corner cant help their fighter up) . The doctors stopping Ortega and him giving muddled answers is questionable but he was able to answer somewhat and if you remember the Roxanne fight the same night she went back to her corner saying she "couldnt hear them" and was totally out of it , fighting is hectic . I do not think the unified rules define that as a clear TKO . I also think its an exaggeration to say the only reason Ortega won rd 5 was the last 15 seconds but thats a mute point .

The rules say you have to make it back to your corner of your own accord - it’s called corner interference.

It was clear he couldn’t continue after the break, you are trippin’ - they gave him a bonus 90 seconds where he couldn’t answer one of ten questions correctly. It should be a 10 second assessment but again, Herb/UFC going to do as they do. Other similar fix-jobs or fuck-ups don’t validate this one.

I’m not saying he won the last round because of the last 15 sec, I’m saying that’s the only point in the round where he started winning. To me he got pieced up most of the last round but was coming on strong in the close (too little, too late - landed his best punch of the fight with 5 seconds to go and Volk just shook it off and nodded in acknowledgment of a good punch).

Put your fandom aside and just use your eyes and ears, it’s blatant disregard for the rules and fighter safety out of fighter preference.

The rules say you have to make it back to your corner of your own accord - it’s called corner interference.

It was clear he couldn’t continue after the break, you are trippin’ - they gave him a bonus 90 seconds where he couldn’t answer one of ten questions correctly. It should be a 10 second assessment but again, Herb/UFC going to do as they do. Other similar fix-jobs or fuck-ups don’t validate this one.

I’m not saying he won the last round because of the last 15 sec, I’m saying that’s the only point in the round where he started winning. To me he got pieced up most of the last round but was coming on strong in the close (too little, too late - landed his best punch of the fight with 5 seconds to go and Volk just shook it off and nodded in acknowledgment of a good punch).

Put your fandom aside and just use your eyes and ears, it’s blatant disregard for the rules and fighter safety out of fighter preference.
lol do your research next time corner interference: "Interference is defined as any action or activity aimed at disrupting the fight or causing an unfair advantage to be given to a corner’s combatant. Corners are not allowed to distract the referee or influence the actions of the referee in any fashion."
https://www.dli.mn.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/official_unified_rules_MMA.pdf
so no your wrong that is not corner interference this stuff happens all the time and is not grounds to declare a TKO .
Its not fandom too theres nothing in the unified rules that say that fight shouldve been called a TKO and im glad the fight went 5 RD's
try harder though

lol do your research next time corner interference: "Interference is defined as any action or activity aimed at disrupting the fight or causing an unfair advantage to be given to a corner’s combatant. Corners are not allowed to distract the referee or influence the actions of the referee in any fashion."
https://www.dli.mn.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/official_unified_rules_MMA.pdf
so no your wrong that is not corner interference this stuff happens all the time and is not grounds to declare a TKO .
Its not fandom too theres nothing in the unified rules that say that fight shouldve been called a TKO and im glad the fight went 5 RD's
try harder though

“This stuff happens all the time”

Give me one example of a fighter laying on the ground 10 seconds after the round ends and getting carried to their stool by their corner.

Closest I can recall is Wei Lei getting carried by her corner after the headbutt/head kick against JJ, but at least she was standing and moving in that direction when they started carrying her.

P.S. It’s unfair to carry your fighter to their corner - I’d do it every single round then lol.

It's a podcast with DC and Felder name searching themselves on Twitter to argue with people while they commentate . I agree the amount of unprofessionalism and bias is annoying as hell . Watching the Anthony Joshua card before too made it even more glaring , for all it's flaws DAZN and Showtime boxing commentary is just so much better .
Also I have no problem with the Volk vs Ortega fight going 5 rounds , in fact Ortega won RD 5 I don't think the end of the 3rd justified a stoppage .
boxing commentary is so much better in general. UFC still sounds like bozo's doing a tough man contest half the time.

“This happens all the time”

Give me one example of a fighter laying on the ground 10 seconds after the round ends and getting carried to their stool by their corner.

Closest I can recall is Wei Lei getting carried by her corner after the headbutt/head kick against JJ, but at least she was standing and moving in that direction when they started carrying her.

P.S. It’s unfair to carry your fighter to their corner - I’d do it every single round then lol.
Strawman argument theres obviously been many times that thats happened and you know it (but to humor you google Faber vs Aldo) but im glad you've basically conceded my point that under the unified rules there wasnt ground to call a TKO .

P.S. it isnt an unfair advantage because the other corner can do so too if they wish or feel they need to . Chinese corners do it all the time .

volk and eugene were 100% correct. UFC made it clear they wanted ortega to win. i was watching with some friends who are casuals and they were asking wtf was up with the extra time and doctors checking in. then you gotta explain "welp this is fights sports, and in fight sports during big fights, the company has a favorite they want to win. so hes gonna get extra chances and the reffs not gonna call certain fouls if they are committed. on top of the commentary over selling for them"

Strawman argument theres obviously been many times that thats happened and you know it (but to humor you google Faber vs Aldo) but im glad you've basically conceded my point that under the unified rules there wasnt ground to call a TKO .

P.S. it isnt an unfair advantage because the other corner can do so too if they wish or feel they need to . Chinese corners do it all the time .

Just wrong, the mental gymnastics are insane.

Faber/Aldo was similar to Zhang/JJ, wounded fighter on his/her feet carried back (which still shouldn’t be allowed).

You can’t find other similar examples because there aren’t any, that’s how delusional this POV is.

You don’t even understand the rules - if the fighter can’t continue after the break it’s a TKO. He got 60 seconds and then they gave him a 90 second assessment where he failed the test and they still let him keep going. Does Volk get a bonus 90 second rest whenever he needs it the most? The ref/dr cheated for him when he was done to buy him time.

I love how you point out other blatant rule violations as proof you are right, instead of proof of how corrupt the refs/UFC/athletic commission are.

I still can’t tell if you hate Volk, love Ortega, or just want to be right for the sake of being right. But facts are there are no comparative examples this blatant, and referencing less blatant cheating (i.e. Chinese corners) actually hurts your argument instead of helping it.

Just wrong, the mental gymnastics are insane.

Faber/Aldo was similar to Zhang/JJ, wounded fighter on his/her feet carried back (which still shouldn’t be allowed).

You can’t find other similar examples because there aren’t any, that’s how delusional this POV is.

You don’t even understand the rules - if the fighter can’t continue after the break it’s a TKO. He got 60 seconds and then they gave him a 90 second assessment where he failed the test and they still let him keep going. Does Volk get a bonus 90 second rest whenever he needs it the most? The ref/dr cheated for him when he was done to buy him time.

I love how you point out other blatant rule violations as proof you are right, instead of proof of how corrupt the refs/UFC/athletic commission are.

I still can’t tell if you hate Volk, love Ortega, or just want to be right for the sake of being right. But facts are there are no comparative examples this blatant, and referencing less blatant cheating (i.e. Chinese corners) actually hurts your argument instead of helping it.

DUDE hilarious <45> its not against the rules . Ortega WAS able to continue after the break and did not concretely "fail the tests" . I already LINKED to you the Unified rules showing you that its not the case . Its not cheating its legal but continue to hold on to your ideological opinions , I do not care about your hyperbolic statements or gas lighting :)

In the pre-fight hype vids they can do and say whatever they want to push their agenda.

Once the fight is actually on the screen I expect them to actually tell me what is happening. As in doing a legit PBP. Don’t ignore what one fighter is doing to tell me the other is missing punches, that they are pretending are actually doing damage or somehow scoring.

It’s NOT their job to make the fight more exciting. They aren’t selling the fight anymore. They are supposed to be commentating on it. And it’s certainly shouldn’t be their job to push a bogus narrative. Just look at the Jan vs Izzy fight. Just going on about Jan “biting on feints”. Meanwhile Jan is outstriking Izzy.

I actually watched 266 with my gf who knows nothing about the sport. So, I wasn’t even paying attention to the commentary. I was actually telling her what was going on. Including talking about Ortega’s ability to get punished for most of the fight. Only to pull a sub out of his ass. Low, and behold about a minute later he gets the choke locked up. I also explained to her that while Diaz was landing more punches. They had no power on most of them, while Robbie was hitting much harder.

All I did was a proper PBP. I don’t see why supposed professionals can’t do the same thing.

DUDE hilarious <45> its not against the rules . Ortega WAS able to continue after the break and did not concretely "fail the tests" . I already LINKED to you the Unified rules showing you that its not the case . Its not cheating its legal but continue to hold on to your ideological opinions , I do not care about your hyperbolic statements or gas lighting :)

It is hilarious that you would post rules that prove you are wrong and continue to
die on that hill (quite the self-own).

Carrying your injured/gassed fighter back to the corner creates an unfair advantage - exactly as the rules you posted says.

It’s even more blatant when they are on the ground motionless for ten seconds after eating an unanswered 50 punch combo.

Also rules say if you can’t continue after the round break = TKO - he got 90 extra sec, could barely stand, couldn’t follow a finger, needed 6 guesses to figure out how many fingers Herb had up. All grounds for a TKO.

But you literally don’t care about rules, that’s why you are capable of the mental gymnastics to post them as proof you are right when they actually do the opposite.

Whatever bro, your entitled to your opinion, I just don’t think anyone with reading comprehension and an understanding of the rules will agree with you.

No worries though, we don’t need to keep digging this grave.

there is and always has been bias for popular fighters to make them look good. ufc hype machine in full effect to make $$$.

It is hilarious that you would post rules that prove you are wrong and continue to
die on that hill (quite the self-own).

Carrying your injured/gassed fighter back to the corner creates an unfair advantage - exactly as the rules you posted says.

It’s even more blatant when they are on the ground motionless for ten seconds after eating an unanswered 50 punch combo.

Also rules say if you can’t continue after the round break = TKO - he got 90 extra sec, could barely stand, couldn’t follow a finger, needed 6 guesses to figure out how many fingers Herb had up. All grounds for a TKO.

But you literally don’t care about rules, that’s why you are capable of the mental gymnastics to post them as proof you are right when they actually do the opposite.

Whatever bro, your entitled to your opinion, I just don’t think anyone with reading comprehension and an understanding of the rules will agree with you.

No worries though, we don’t need to keep digging this grave.
Its not an unfair advantage by the unified rules as the other corner can do the exact same thing . Thats not how "unfair advantages" work bud . Its completely legal , your the one that called it "corner interference", i then linked you the definition , gave you examples of it happening before (we both know it happens all the time) and then you just move the goal posts

cool dude you can continue to believe that if you want but i showed the rules

He could continue after the RD break and did it did not take him "six times" to guess how many fingers herb was holding up . His eye was swollen that happens in fights and it was clear he was able to continue by him intelligently defending himself and fighting back for rds 4 and 5 .

Your the one doing mental gymnastics and i do not care if sherdoggers disagree with me , there is little to no controversy about the lack of stoppage in this fight outside of the sherdog forum bubble and parts of reddit .
So yeah most refs would agree with me most likely . Anyways goodbye and take care .

Back