Vitor vs Rampage - in 5 different stages of their careers - who takes?

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
1. Pride Rampage vs Pride Vitor - ?
2. UFC Champ Rampage vs Affliction Vitor - ?
3. Bellator newcomer Rampage vs TRTor - ?
4. Bellator loser Rampage vs post TRT Vitor - ?
5. Rampage of today vs Vitor of today - ?

Please share your thoughts on these 5 different matchups

1. Pride Rampage vs Pride Vitor - ?
2. UFC Champ Rampage vs Affliction Vitor - ?
3. Bellator newcomer Rampage vs TRTor - ?
4. Bellator loser Rampage vs post TRT Vitor - ?
5. Rampage of today vs Vitor of today - ?

Please share your thoughts on these 5 different matchups

1. Rampage
2. Rampage
3. Vitor
4. Rampage
5. fatpage.

Pre-Juanito "Big Thumbs" Ibarra Rampage beats Vitor (Pre boxing only Rampage)
TRTtor beats Rampage of that era
Now? Coin toss.

Let’s not forget T-Rex Vitor turned Rumble into a Panic Wrassler... dude was feeding him hands.

<{luvbruh}>

You missed one of the most important ones: early UFC Vitor. He had some of the fastest hands (maybe the fastest) we've seen to date for an WW or heavier MMA fighter. See his fight with Wand. He swarms and finishes any version of Rampage except maybe the brief Pride Rampage who was sometimes smart enough to wrestle, dirty box or slow the fight down some other way. But a "I only box" Rampage loses every time, unless he can eat 20-25 shots and Vitor eventually gasses. I doubt it, though. HWs much bigger than Rampage couldn't eat too many Vitor shots.

You missed one of the most important ones: early UFC Vitor. He had some of the fastest hands (maybe the fastest) we've seen to date for an WW or heavier MMA fighter. See his fight with Wand. He swarms and finishes any version of Rampage except maybe the brief Pride Rampage who was sometimes smart enough to wrestle and slow the fight down.

Hehe but who do I match him with? Pre-MMA Rampage? LOL

Rampage takes it everytime. TrTitor cant really overwhelm rampage like he can with other people. Page's chin is on a different level than any guys he knocked out,or overwhelmed with repeated blows to the back of the head. Rampage aint need no emotional support dog.

You missed one of the most important ones: early UFC Vitor.
I hear ya. Except that Couture withstood everything early Vitor threw, and then whooped him after he wore himself out. Any reason most versions of Rampage wouldn't do the same?

If both were in their primes, I'd like to think Rampage's wrestling would be a difference maker if Vitor doesn't catch him. Would have been something to behold.

Id take Rampage over Vitor on every stage.

BUT... Id take ViToRT by head kick over Rampage

I hear ya. Except that Couture withstood everything early Vitor threw, and then whooped him after he wore himself out. Any reason most versions of Rampage wouldn't do the same?

Because Couture constantly clinched and dirty boxed. He gave Vitor no space and wore him down. He knew he wouldn't win a fight in a typical boxing range. He invented dirty boxing for that fight, which was brilliant.

Once Rampage fell in love with his hands, he fought a lot more like a pure boxer, not a dirty boxer.

Dan Hardy also turned Rumble into a panic wrassler

Rumble only wrestled with Hardy because he had a Euro-Tier ground game. He did the same to Manuwa.

T Rex Vitor on the other hand MELTED Rumble in every exchange.

3_medium.gif

BelfortJohnson_medium_medium.gif

Because Couture constantly clinched and dirty boxed. He gave Vitor no space and wore him down. He knew he wouldn't win a fight in a typical boxing range. He invented dirty boxing for that fight, which was brilliant.

Once Rampage fell in love with his hands, he fought a lot more like a pure boxer, not a dirty boxer.
Very good point. Rampage loved boxing range. Vitor could easily have done to Rampage what he did to Wandy.

But the other thing you said "He invented dirty boxing for that fight" really makes me want to go back and watch UFC 13. I thought Randy fought that way before Vitor. A minor itch I'll have to scratch soon :) cheers.

Back