Vitor to train with Jon Jones

TheNorseMen

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I read this article before hearing that Wanderlei ran out the side door of his gym to escape NSAC officials so he could not be tested. He must not have had his translator there to understand the instructions being discussed with him.

My question is, why now? What tools does Vitor (The Lion) Belfort, (one of my favourites) want to employ into his arsenal that Jon Jones possesses?

He already said he just offered to train with Jones in passing when they were shooting a commercial together, he's not actually going to Jackson's or anything.

Source? Vitor is with blackzilians would be odd for him to train with jones and Jackson mma

He already said he just offered to train with Jones in passing when they were shooting a commercial together, he's not actually going to Jackson's or anything.

That was not really my question. Jones is stopping in Miami on his way to New York to train for a day with Vitor, etc. They will be training together in a private gym. Obviously it is always good to train with a champion since the champion must be doing something right. I am just wondering if there is something specific Vitor saw in Jones' fights that he wants to add to his fighting style. (please refrain from eye poke jokes.)

Here is the source.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/5/28/5758466/vitor-belfort-calls-jon-jones-will-train-with-ufc-champ-this-friday-miami-mma

Well ... this is interesting.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort will once again face off against reigning 205-pound kingpin Jon Jones, but this time it won't be inside the Octagon.

"Bones" has agreed to help train "The Phenom" this Friday in Miami.

That's according to a conversation "Bones" had with Globo's Combate, in which he revealed that Belfort had called him to request some one-on-one time, as the Brazilian looks to expedite his UFC return.

Said Jones:

"I'm planning to train with Vitor on Friday in Miami. I'm meeting him in a private gym, we'll train together, see if we have good chemistry and maybe we'll become training partners in the future. I don't know if he'll join Jackson's. He looked for me, called me, said he'd like to train with me. I have to go to Miami on my way to New York City anyway, so I switched my flight to New York City for Friday night, so I can have lunch with him, train, talk to him. We might become training partners in the future."
Jones defeated Belfort by way of submission at UFC 152 in Toronto.

"Bones" went on to defend his title three more times while Belfort dropped back down to middleweight and reeled off three consecutive knockout wins. Unfortunately, "The Phenom" has been on the shelf since testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) was outlawed, but when he returns, he'll have the Jones stamp of approval.

Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

I read this article before hearing that Wanderlei ran out the side door of his gym to escape NSAC officials so he could not be tested. He must not have had his translator there to understand the instructions being discussed with him.

My question is, why now? What tools does Vitor (The Lion) Belfort, (one of my favourites) want to employ into his arsenal that Jon Jones possesses?

In my humble opinion it would be The "Infamous Fickle Finger in The Eye Socket" Move!:icon_chee
(oops edit: Just seen the refrain from eyepoke jokes, sorry)

Back