Vitor releases letter regarding surprise Test-

infamouz ice

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
can someone embed the pic for me

Here is a pdf file with Vitor's medical tests showing his results for a few months.

http://tiny.cc/myh1gx

http://instagram.com/p/o6JemoIWlK/

VITOR BELFORT STATEMENT:
In anticipation for my hearing before the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), I want to
address questions concerning a drug test I took back on February 7, 2014, that was requested by
the NSAC.
!
At the time that test was taken, I was considering filing for a therapeutic use exemption
(TUE) for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) from the NSAC. While I had not made
formal application for a TUE, the NSAC nonetheless requested I take the test and I willingly
complied. I further confirmed to the NSAC, in writing, the widely known fact that I was then
presently on TRT and had been for many years leading up to that test and that I had further taken
the TRT dosage recommended by my doctors the day prior.
!
The results of the February 7, 2014, test indicated that my testosterone level was above
the therapeutic range. While levels slightly outside the normal therapeutic range are not
uncommon for some undergoing a TRT regimen, and my doctors immediately modified my
therapy to return me to within the therapeutic range (as you can see the 22nd February test results
was normal), I do want to acknowledge that the February 7, 2014 test indicated my level was
above the range.
!
Since that February 7, 2014 test, I have taken several subsequent tests, in late February,
March, April and May, and the results of each test indicate my levels were either normal or
below normal. To avoid any ambiguity, I am releasing, along with this statement, the results of
all the test noted above and will provide the same to NSCA for their consideration as part of my
licensing application. I further welcome any additional testing that the NSAC deems appropriate
and necessary with respect to being granted the privilege of a license to fight here in the State of
Nevada.

http://tiny.cc/myh1gx

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, this fight's off...

That is a very reasoned and sensible explanation.

I do not see a problem and think he will get a new licence, as he clearly says he has phased out of his TRT treatment, and provides test results to prove so.

Plus, he will get tested again by NSAC before being granted a licence.

Chael is in for an ass kicking I'm afraid. :icon_neut

Considering endocrinologists are generous with therapeutic levels, wonder how high his test levels were. Probably juicing out of his mind like most were on TRT under the guise of medicine.

//edit: here you go ts//

891375_1449748345272809_1263275240_n.jpg

Considering endocrinologists are generous with therapeutic levels, wonder how high his test levels were. Probably juicing out of his mind like most were on TRT under the guise of medicine.

//edit: here you go ts//

891375_1449748345272809_1263275240_n.jpg

don't you think if you just took a shot the day before your levels would be high? when guys are on TRT for the fights the doctors make sure they take the dosage at the right time so when they test after their fights their levels are within range..

Cliffs:
He was on TRT
He didn't have a TUE from NSAC
His levels were above the therapeutic range
His doctors modified his doses immediately after "finding that out"
NSAC banned TRT, Vitor stopped TRT the same day
Wants to fight and hopes to get licensed anyway

don't you think if you just took a shot the day before your levels would be high? when guys are on TRT for the fights the doctors make sure they take the dosage at the right time so when they test after their fights their levels are within range..

Just use a short acting ester of test like prop. Could pin 6 hours prior to a test and still probably fall within "therapeutic levels". What a joke.

Terrible. To think I believed him when he said he passed.....

Nothing shocking there.
I hope he gets licensed!

Cliffs:
He was on TRT
He didn't have a TUE from NSAC
His levels were above the therapeutic range
His doctors modified his doses immediately after "finding that out"
NSAC banned TRT, Vitor stopped TRT the same day
Wants to fight and hopes to get licensed anyway

is normal

Jesus Christ he went from above 1400 (failed test) to 142 (latest test) for total testosterone.

I'd bet on Sonnen in this fight if I was a betting man.

Damn those doctors for not getting their calculations right to stay within therapeutic range!!

Just use a short acting ester of test like prop. Could pin 6 hours prior to a test and still probably fall within "therapeutic levels". What a joke.

And the half-life of testosterone in the body is incredibly short, about a week or so.

We need more information but this is exactly what the problem was with TRT TUEs: dude's jack their levels way up and then taper off. You could be double the allowed levels a week before the fight and still test negative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back