Vitor now complaining that he won't get a title shot...

it would actually be a 4 fight win streak at MW but that streak would have been over a 4.5 yr period of time tho...his only MW wins are over martin, lindland, akiyama and hypothetically bisping...the franklin fight was at franklinweight and the rumble johnson fight was at LHW...thats hardly an impressive MW run and certainly not cause for another MW title shot...dude has yet to fight any legit MW contenders in the UFC...bisping will have been the 1st...thats rediculous...he needs to be fighting other top MWs on a somewhat regular basis...
No, the Rumble Johnson fight was a MW fight that Johnson failed to make weight for (by A LOT!!!), and was subsequently cut for. I think that should count as a bonus that Vitor beat a much larger man.

As for the Franklinweight fight against Franklin, that was close to MW, so IMO it should count as a MW ranking up kind of fight. Besides, who else in the UFC MW division can say they beat the #1 contender, if Vitor beats Bisping, who is, in fact, A LEGIT MW contender, along with the #1 contender=???

Stop picking and choosing so blatantly incorrectly and look at the full picture bro.
The thing is it would be incredibly hard to market Silva-Belfort II but its easy for Silva-Bisping.
You got a freak all-time highlight in the first fight. If Ortiz/Liddell 2 and JDS/Velasquez has taught us anything (although Ortiz/Liddell I was less freaky), it's that after such a stunning finish can setup a great rematch.

Last edited:
Vitor is so fake it's insane. I used to be a big fan of his until I met him in person. On camera and around the media he's always the philosopher and "the perfect man". When the cameras are gone he's a different guy, not a horrible guy but definitely not the perfect guy he portrays. I'm far from an Anderson fan but he was right when he put the mask on at the weigh-ins. Needless the say War Bisping!

xp3n9l.jpg

this is evidence that silva's front kick caused vitor to have permanent brain damage.

it would actually be a 4 fight win streak at MW but that streak would have been over a 4.5 yr period of time tho...his only MW wins are over martin, lindland, akiyama and hypothetically bisping...the franklin fight was at franklinweight and the rumble johnson fight was at LHW...thats hardly an impressive MW run and certainly not cause for another MW title shot...dude has yet to fight any legit MW contenders in the UFC...bisping will have been the 1st...thats rediculous...he needs to be fighting other top MWs on a somewhat regular basis...

Vitor made 185 for the Rumble fight. It's not his fault that his opponent missed weight. Furthermore, Vitor's win streak at MW would only be a 3 since he lost to Anderson at 185.

Why would you bring up a fight 6+ years ago?
Because someone brought up a photo from almost 2 years ago... and because Vitor almost beat JBJ via submission, and is a BJJ black belt who could put on a scare like that again. Also, look above that picture a few posts...
1- Vitor almost pulled Bones' arm off. In fact, that was Jones' closest moment in recent history to lose.
2- Silva's was KO of the year and Vitor was doing alright before being caught with one of the most "WTF!" moves in MMA history.

Conclusion: you either have no imagination or know nothing about MMA.
People are trying to sound funny and smart by being sarcastic. How smart.... :icon_lol:

I think Vitor's main problem is that he has already lost to the champ. It's hard to sell a title fight that we've already seen before.

Not true at all. That fight in Brazil would be insane

Thats it though. Belfort got ko'd of the year, lost his last fight, has only beaten a MW who doesn't fight in the division or UFC any more and a fighter who hasn't won in 4 years, and to top it all off 90% of Sherdog will bitch about Silva cherry-picking because Weidman didn't get next shot.

Neither one of them has a decent chance of beating Silva. Weidman is the most interesting middleweight contender at this point.

He wants the Randy Couture title shot treatment

^^^ He was a fill in fighter for the Jones fight. Good grief. Maybe if Shogun, Machida, Evans, Rampage, and the top dogs in the LHW division had some balls, they would have fought Jones. All of those guys, some of which are called legends by Sherdoggers, ducked Jones, probably because they all got steam rolled by Jones. It's pretty sad when 2 of the best MWs have to fight him. You should be thankful Belfort took that fight (and was close to an upset against easily the best LHW ever IMO), not condemning him like he lost to some scrub.
I think Vitor's main problem is that he has already lost to the champ. It's hard to sell a title fight that we've already seen before.
Ortiz/Liddell II (and III), Liddell/Couture II (and III), Trigg/Hughes II, GSP/Hughes II (and III0, GSP/Serra II, GSP/Koscheck II, GSP/Penn II, Machida/Shogun II, JDS/Velasquez II, Rizzo/Couture II, Cruz/Faber II (and III, if Cruz didn't get hurt), Sylvia/Arlovski II (III, IV, V, and XLDKDSKJFAJSKJGG), Belfort/Couture II (and III), etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
Used to be a big fan of this guy but he's just annoying as hell now. The fight will end the same vs Anderson, at least we may get a new bisping face when he gets destroyed vs Anderson!

Exactly. We know for sure 'I want Anderson Silva money but I duck Jones' Machida and Shogun turned that fight down.

they turned down the fight at 151 on days notice, so Dana got sand in his vag and moved them back down the line, plenty were willing to fight at 152

1- Vitor almost pulled Bones' arm off. In fact, that was Jones' closest moment in recent history to lose.
2- Silva's was KO of the year and Vitor was doing alright before being caught with one of the most "WTF!" moves in MMA history.

Conclusion: you either have no imagination or know nothing about MMA.

K. He was gassed after that. Jones finished him w/ a kimura using an arm that was supposedly destroyed. He lost.

K. He'd still be fighting Silva, who is just as capable as unleashing another "WTF!" move. Probably something none of us would even see coming.

Case in point? He'd still lose to Jones. He'd still lose to Silva. Feed Silva someone new. Either I can watch Silva KTFOutta Bisping worse than Hendo did and enjoy myself, or see something I saw almost 2 years ago.

Thats it though. Belfort got ko'd of the year, lost his last fight, has only beaten a MW who doesn't fight in the division or UFC any more and a fighter who hasn't won in 4 years, and to top it all off 90% of Sherdog will bitch about Silva cherry-picking because Weidman didn't get next shot.
-He lost his last fight a higher division against in many peoples' opinion the best fighter on the planet, and in most MMA fans the best P4P fighter in the world (Silva aside), and who is probably going to end up as the best LHW ever without much argument.
-Rumble was on a 2 fight win streak, has won 4 fights since, which means besides that loss, he has won 6 straight. His cut was due to him missing the weight by 11 pounds, not from being on a losing streak. If anything, based on that and Rumble being heavier that night, that should count as a bonus.
-Akiyama lost to 3 straight top 10 fighters, so it's not like he's lost to a bunch of lowly Facebook fighters. And, unlike Bisping (who previously faced him), Vitor finished him off, and won KOTN (although, to be fair to Akiyama and Bisping, they won FOTN).
-I'm pretty sure Weidman is injured. Let's wait until he gets healthy before we demand he gets a title shot.

-He lost his last fight a higher division against in many peoples' opinion the best fighter on the planet, and in most MMA fans the best P4P fighter in the world (Silva aside), and who is probably going to end up as the best LHW ever without much argument.
-Rumble was on a 2 fight win streak, has won 4 fights since, which means besides that loss, he has won 6 straight. His cut was due to him missing the weight by 11 pounds, not from being on a losing streak.
-Akimyama lost to 3 straight top 10 fighters.
-I'm pretty sure Weidman is injured. Let's wait until he gets healthy before we demand he gets a title shot.

Reasonable post, maybe its the late night that has me so biased but the last statement I'm in full agreement.

i think i read that vitor wont be getting a title shot by beating bisping bec of how he lost to silva according to dana. maybe another win after bisping he will get his TS against Silva again.

i think bisping gets this if he wins against belfort next week bec weidman got injured for ufc 155, then considered contenders boetsch and belcher lost the same night

K. He was gassed after that. Jones finished him w/ a kimura using an arm that was supposedly destroyed. He lost.

K. He'd still be fighting Silva, who is just as capable as unleashing another "WTF!" move. Probably something none of us would even see coming.

Case in point? He'd still lose to Jones. He'd still lose to Silva. Feed Silva someone new. Either I can watch Silva KTFOutta Bisping worse than Hendo did and enjoy myself, or see something I saw almost 2 years ago.

Yes, he would probably still lose to Silva or Bones, but that doesn't mean he doesn't stand a chance or he wouldn't do any better than before, that's my point.

Reasonable post, maybe its the late night that has me so biased but the last statement I'm in full agreement.
But with Weidman out, who else is gonna fight for the title=??? According to Sherdog's ranking, if Bisping (ranked 4th, behind Silva, Sonnen [who is now a LHW], and Weidman) is beat by Belfort (ranked 6th, behind those 5 plus Munoz), then Belfort is the highest ranked contender who is fully healthy and still fights at MW.

Mark Munoz is coming off a loss, so that wouldn't make sense for him to get a title shot. Yushin Okami and Hector Lombard have a bought set for March. On top of that, Yushin Okami got beat similarly to Vitor Belfort (although in a more one-sided affair), and Hector Lombard recently lost to Tim Boetsch, who is arguably barely in the Top 10. So, why should he get the title shot ahead of Vitor, who would have beaten the #1 contender (in Bisping), and would have had his last 2 losses in title fights?

After that, you got Luke Rockhold (he's currently injured, although I'm not sure how badly), and Costa Phillippou (who said he doesn't want to fight Silva). Then, below that somewhere in the MW herd, you got Jake Shields, who is the biggest name left, and is currently serving a suspension for a positive drug test. After that, you got a bunch of nobodies, which means the only guys left are guys moving up or down. With Dan Henderson locked to fight in about 6 1/2 weeks, and Chael Sonnen set to fight Jones in April, you can count the two biggest names left.

So yeah, if Vitor wins, unless Silva takes more than 6 months off, Vitor is easily the #1 contender. All of the other guys, save for maybe a quickly healthy Weidman and Lombard/a healthy Weidman as late replacements.

Last edited:
Back