Vitor now complaining that he won't get a title shot...

In Vitor's defense, he moved up in weight and stepped in against Jones when pretty much no one else would. When Vitor beats Bisping he will be on a three fight winning streak at middleweight, which is longer than Bisping's.

I still think Bisping would be more deserving, if hell freezes over and he beats Vitor, due to coming off a win over a top ten fighter, a very decent streak minus the Chael loss, and that Vitor fought Silva not too long ago and lost convincingly.

However, the Jones loss shouldn't factor into whether or not Vitor deserves a title shot because he volunteered to fight out of his weight class when no one else was getting in line to fight Jones.

Belfort had his shot vs Anderson and was demolished...not to say a rematch would play out the same way...hard to duplicate such an amazing KO but still, if anyone could do it, its likely Anderson...Belfort also got a gift LHW title shot...come to think of it, his MW title was a gift as well...whats hes complaining about?...Belfort needs to start fighting and beating actual MW contenders cause since coming to the UFC, he hasnt done that, yet he has received 2 gifted title shots off of reputation...

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/188297.html

Basically, Bisping was told he'd get a shot at Silva if he gets through Belfort, but Belfort hasn't heard the same. Now he's bitter. WTF? You just had two title shots in the past few fights and you lost them both! Anderson dropped you like it was nothing. Who wants to see Belfort do that again? Get some wins, do some time, and then you can whinge.

I don't imagine his fight against either Jones or Silva to be anymore competitive than they were the last times.

20120922101523_large.JPG

silvabelfort2_original.jpg

Well at least he should take comfort in the fact he has a chance to deny bisping another title shot. That is just as good as getting your own title shot imo.

Vitor has a right to complain, because if he beats the current #1 contender, there is no reason he shouldn't get a title shot. Last I checked, that's how title fights are earned. Besides that, there are no true proven titans outside of the Spider at MW. Weidman could be that (then again, his best opponent was Mark Munoz, who wouldn't be top 10 in the divisions north and south of MW), but that's about it.

With a division that weak, there's no reason Vitor can't feel like he should be given some consideration for a title shot if he beats Bisping, especially if he does it in dominating fashion.
Vitor certainly did better than most of JBJ's recent opponents.
Especially Quinton 'I can't land a shot' Jackson. Going up in weight and doing that well against arguably the best fighter on the planet is no joke.
In before haters accuse Vitor of hypocrisy by citing his recent LHW title shot. Just to be clear, that was because Vitor was the only one willing to step up on short notice for UFC 152
Exactly. We know for sure 'I want Anderson Silva money but I duck Jones' Machida and Shogun turned that fight down.

Nothing makes me want to see a man challenge for a title like whining and complaining.

No one wants to see a rematch and he should be grateful he got a LHW title shot for no reason at all.

In Vitor's defense, he moved up in weight and stepped in against Jones when pretty much no one else would. When Vitor beats Bisping he will be on a three fight winning streak at middleweight, which is longer than Bisping's.

I still think Bisping would be more deserving, if hell freezes over and he beats Vitor, due to coming off a win over a top ten fighter, a very decent streak minus the Chael loss, and that Vitor fought Silva not too long ago and lost convincingly.

However, the Jones loss shouldn't factor into whether or not Vitor deserves a title shot because he volunteered to fight out of his weight class when no one else was getting in line to fight Jones.

it would actually be a 4 fight win streak at MW but that streak would have been over a 4.5 yr period of time tho...his only MW wins are over martin, lindland, akiyama and hypothetically bisping...the franklin fight was at franklinweight and the rumble johnson fight was at LHW...thats hardly an impressive MW run and certainly not cause for another MW title shot...dude has yet to fight any legit MW contenders in the UFC...bisping will have been the 1st...thats rediculous...he needs to be fighting other top MWs on a somewhat regular basis...

I don't imagine his fight against either Jones or Silva to be anymore competitive than they were the last times.

1- Vitor almost pulled Bones' arm off. In fact, that was Jones' closest moment in recent history to lose.
2- Silva's was KO of the year and Vitor was doing alright before being caught with one of the most "WTF!" moves in MMA history.

Conclusion: you either have no imagination or know nothing about MMA.

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/188297.html

Basically, Bisping was told he'd get a shot at Silva if he gets through Belfort, but Belfort hasn't heard the same. Now he's bitter. WTF? You just had two title shots in the past few fights and you lost them both! Anderson dropped you like it was nothing. Who wants to see Belfort do that again? Get some wins, do some time, and then you can whinge.

Go knock on vitors door and tell him that, then take a picture of yourself, and send it her to sherdogers with a sign around your neck that says "Captial B"

The thing is it would be incredibly hard to market Silva-Belfort II but its easy for Silva-Bisping.

Go knock on vitors door and tell him that, then take a picture of yourself, and send it her to sherdogers with a sign around your neck that says "Captial B"

So suddenly you cannot have an opinion unless you say that to the person's face?

Back