Vitor NOGI Shorts REVIEW

J-Braz

White Belt
Reaction score
Well after waiting on someone to write up a review on these shorts and it never happening i took it upon myself to go ahead and order a pair to review myself. I ordered almost 2 weeks ago and they said it would be about 16 days to get my order but they got here a little quicker than that!

First things first...... The sizing of these shorts is NOT like Sprawl or any of the other name brand shorts on the market, i generally wear a size 33 in jeans, i wear a 36 in Sprawl shorts so i ordered a 34 in the NOGI shorts and will need to send them back to get a smaller size, they are huge for a size 34, i will be ordering a size 32 when i return these. Hope that helps with the sizing.

Looks wise these shorts are sweet, and the material is indeed actual Gi material in the front but it doesnt seem to make them feel much heavier than the norm. Overall they seem to be well put together and the stitching seems to be top notch as well.

Overall review of the shorts is if you want to fork out the cash for these particular shorts then do so. I also have a pair of the new '06 SPRAWL shorts that i would prefer over the NOGI shorts but i had a little problem with the '06 Sprawl shorts as well with the stiching coming out on the back side of the leg, which i never contacted Sprawl to see if anything could be done about this or not because i had already washed them. Overall for your money go get yourself some Sprawl's or even the Truth fightwear shorts are made to last as well and for 20 bucks you cant beat that!

If any of your Sprawl products come undone or fail to meet your satisfaction, I advise you contact Steve Marino or Steve Izzi of Sprawl about the matter, irregardless of whether you washed them, dry cleaned them or try to stomp the stench out of them like a caveman. They cannot improve their products without customer feedback and generally appreciate it and will exchange any and all defective goods. They did so for me. They likely will do so for you.

Not to knock you or anything but it's a little hard to give a full review if you've never worn them for training surely? I mean i've held a pair in my hands and even tried some on (that did fit), but won't write a review based just on that. For all I know they could fall apart when I first start rolling (although first impressions were good).

I know people who've bought these shorts who've had loads of trouble with getting the right size, it does seem to be an issue. Pity there's not a worldwide size standard everyone could use - would save so much hassle.

If the shorts seem too small, does the waist line stretch for a fatty like me trying to fit into a smaller pair of shorts?

Terrier said:
Not to knock you or anything but it's a little hard to give a full review if you've never worn them for training surely? I mean i've held a pair in my hands and even tried some on (that did fit), but won't write a review based just on that. For all I know they could fall apart when I first start rolling (although first impressions were good).

I know people who've bought these shorts who've had loads of trouble with getting the right size, it does seem to be an issue. Pity there's not a worldwide size standard everyone could use - would save so much hassle.

Indeed. I agree.

First Impressions are one thing, but unless someone uses them, it seems pointless to review.

~Foz

Fozzy said:
Indeed. I agree.

First Impressions are one thing, but unless someone uses them, it seems pointless to review.

~Foz

best to give a review after a few weeks grappling in them- see how they hold up-imo

Yea, the Vitor shorts look bad ass but so did my HotBlood shorts when they first came.

After a month they started falling apart (I use them a lot though).

Give them 2 months and see what's up then.

Good point guys about wearing them then reviewing, the most i did was look at the overall construction of the shorts and based my opinions on that.

Sizing does seem to be an issue but to answer TigerDGC's question NO these shorts will not stretch in the waist like the '06 Sprawls do!

Sorry bro i didnt forget about you, i had to send them back to get a smaller size and before i could take some pics the girlfriend already shipped them back while i was at work. Will post some pics as soon i get them back, good pics too from every angle!

Alright guys i made the pics big so you could see the material they are made of and so on, they are a little dirty from me rolling in them for the first time yesturday but hopefuly these pics are good enough. I will write a review in a few weeks after i have had the chance to train in them enough to see how they hold up. I'll get some better pics in a few days when i decide to wash them and hopefully i can get my girl to take some pics of me wearing them to give you an idea of the length and all that good stuff. I will tell you this already that these shorts are a little shorter than most.

First pic kind of gives you an idea of the material the black part is made of.
eapbf5.jpg

Overal front view.
eapbig.jpg

Shows how high up the slit is.
eapbmg.jpg

The white gi material on the front closeup.
eapbn8.jpg

thank for the review, i really want the nogi shorts, esp the green pair. Ive got sprawls new flex....they are okay. I think the slide around too much, thats my only real beef with'em. I also have some tapouts. They fell better than the sprawls (material) but the wait is weird. They either fit you or they dont. I'm the same size as you (36 in sprawls and 33-34 in jeans) so that will help. Oh how do they feel rolling?

Nice work uncovering a thread that hasn't been posted to in 1.5 years lol. Now that's using the search function.....

I just want to get a pair of those shorts..... Just so I can say that I got my grubby paws on a pair of those shorts!

Back