Vitor just got accepted to Stanford (Ivy League University)

Clearly Jesus was involved in the admission process at some level

Mike Tyson got admitted to prison, not Princeton.

I'm almost positive he doesn't mean a Bachelor's program.

He means some seminar or something. Maybe a certificate program. Nothing that gives you a degree of any kind.

Mmamania is a funny website.

Not coincidentally, the Brazilian now has the physique of a bookworm.

If Belfort wants an education in jiu-jitsu, Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza may take him to school when they collide at the UFC Fight Night 88 mixed martial arts (MMA) event on FOX Sports 1, which takes place on May 14 in Brazil

Now all we have to do is figure out what the 38-year-old freshman plans to major in.

Is that one of those places you can go to be reprogrammed back into childhood?

Stanford is not an Ivy league university.

List of Ivy League universities are 1. Harvard 2. Yale 3. Cornell 4. Brown 5. Columbia 6. University of Pennsylvania 7. Princeton 8.Dartmouth College.

Stanford is no doubt an well reputed university. but it's not in Ivy league.

Ivy-League-colleges-list-1.jpg

images

Not sure how you can insult the intelligence of someone like Sherman. Dude grew up with Compton, got a 4.2 in High School, made it through Stanford (which is far from an easy school) while playing ball, and is one of the most successful present day NFL'ers.

Seriously. What the fuck is wrong with you.

He was gifted those grades because he was an athlete, look at his Wonderlic score (which is an IQ test) and also his SAT score which was under 1000.

Imagine Vitor

Sitting in class
He gets test back
Flunked it

Spin kicks teachers head off

Not sure how you can insult the intelligence of someone like Sherman. Dude grew up with Compton, got a 4.2 in High School, made it through Stanford (which is far from an easy school) while playing ball, and is one of the most successful present day NFL'ers.

What's wrong with him is that he's Republican and likely a Trump supporter.

So he assumes that a black person, even with a Stanford degree has low IQ.

And of course, he thinks supporting a candidate who wants to provide free education like many wealthy nations do is stupid, while supporting a reality TV star billionaire who wants to cut taxes for the rich, lower the minimum wage because it's too high, is not stupid.

He was gifted those grades because he was an athlete, look at his Wonderlic score (which is an IQ test) and also his SAT score which was under 1000.

His Wonderlic score was 24. The average is 20, which translates to about IQ of 100. I can't find the standard deviation for the Wonderlic, but I remember years ago I read it was 4 or 5. So his IQ is about 115 according to his Wonderlic. I checked that on a second try, his SAT score was 1060 which apparently translates to about 113 IQ, so that supports the Wonderlic.

Basically, Sherman's IQ is about one standard deviation above average, which makes him "smarter" than approximately 80% of the general population. Nothing compared to someone like me (1400 on the SAT), but he's pretty smart compare to the average person.

4.2 isn't even the average GPA for incoming Freshman admits at UCLA (where it's 4.41). Stanford is extremely hard to get in to, but they are known for doing quite a bit of handholding / not flunking out people. If you've ever taken a class with a football player at a good college, you can tell there's even more handholding going on.

That is to say, perhaps Sherman is indeed smart, but his attendance at Stanford doesn't prove it or give us a good indication of his true level of intelligence. Note that for other Stanford students, who weren't recruited for their athletic abilities, going to Stanford usually would be a reliable indicator of their level of intellect. Of course, one could be athletic and nonetheless smart enough to get into Stanford on his/her academics alone. I'm just saying that just because Sherman went to Stanford doesn't really tell us if he's actually that intelligent. I doubt he's nearly as intelligent as the average, run-of-the-mill Stanford student.

4.2 isn't even the average GPA for incoming Freshman admits at UCLA (where it's 4.41). Stanford is extremely hard to get in to, but they are known for doing quite a bit of handholding / not flunking out people. If you've ever taken a class with a football player at a good college, you can tell there's even more handholding going on.

That is to say, perhaps Sherman is indeed smart, but his attendance at Stanford doesn't prove it or give us a good indication of his true level of intelligence. Note that for other Stanford students, who weren't recruited for their athletic abilities, going to Stanford usually would be a reliable indicator of their level of intellect. Of course, one could be athletic and nonetheless smart enough to get into Stanford on his/her academics alone. I'm just saying that just because Sherman went to Stanford doesn't really tell us if he's actually that intelligent. I doubt he's nearly as intelligent as the average, run-of-the-mill Stanford student.

"I'm just saying that just because Sherman went to Stanford doesn't really tell us if he's actually that intelligent."

That is a ridiculous belief. I guarantee he's more intelligent than you.

People don't just accidentally get 4.2s in high school, let alone while living in Compton of all place. People don't just get into Stanford (and do well there), play football while maintaining a good GPA, no matter how athletic.

It takes a ton of hard work and at least a solid level of intelligence.

Your argument is idiotic and just reeks of elitism. Unless you wanna bust out your big fancy degrees, seriously, shut the fuck up. I mean really, if you ever considered going to any of those schools, you'd realize how difficult it is to get into a place like that.

Like you said, UCLA has a minimum of a 4.2. Stop pretending like a 4.1 in high school is something easy to achieve.

You don't get gifted a 4.2 in high school, no matter how good of an athlete you are.

You don't know what you're talking about. So go away.

And did you even do the SAT? I'm starting to doubt if if you ever took the SAT, you'd know that it is about as shitty of a intelligence test as possible.

Like I said to others, I guarantee Sherman is a more intelligent human being than you. Unless you wanna whip out your academic accomplishments, just fuck off.

Back