Vitor is so scared to fight Anderson...

Path of least resistance, not fear. More chance of Anderson kicking his head off again then Jones has to submit him...

He wants the easier champ, can't blame the guy.

I'm sure theres a logical reason why he didnt do the obvious and call out Anderson, like he did before without any problems. Being in Brazil? Maybe aware of UFC's plans for Anderson so not wasting his time?

He is actually calling out Jon Jones for a rematch, after a fight at 185...

LOL

Seriously?

Come on Vitor, challenge the Spider!

He knows the ufc doesn't want a spider rematch right now, so who else could he call out?

We've seen vitor vs both Jones and Silva and he did 100x better against jones even with a broken hand. Jones is obviously the easier fight in his mind whether its true or not.

So? Cote did better against Anderson than he did against Belcher. Does that mean Belcher is better than Anderson? Maia did better against Anderson than he did against Marquardt. Does that mean Marquardt is better than Anderson?

Styles make fights. Jones is not as good of a striker as Anderson but he is more well rounded and in general the better fighter. Jones literally has no flaws. That armbar Belfort threw up was a fluke and Jones will learn from his mistake and wont allow it to happen again.

Plus I would argue that its more impressive to dominate a guy for 4 rounds and completely shut down his gameplan rather than get a fluke ko.

1179zxjjpg.gif

Doesn't make sense. He stands a much better chance against Anderson. Period.

Maybe he's scared as shit about getting embarrassed again. But given the two current champs, he's got a better shot against Silva.

Against Anderson = first round front kick to the face KO
Against JBJ = near first round armbar win, makes it to round 4 (longer than both Shogun and Machida), wrecks Jones' arm (even though he managed to fight 3.5 more rounds and win) requiring months of recouperation.

The facts speak for themselves. :)

To be fair, I don't think he really expects to get it, he was just building that "take on all comers" hype. Remember, Dana only promised the title shot to Bisping, so it's not like Vitor could expect that. Who knows, maybe they'll think "Hey, Vitor just kicked ass, and called out Jon Jones. Maybe we should give him another shot at Anderson?"

All the people banking on this point are delusional, Belfort has BEGGED RELENTLESSLY for another title fight with Anderson Silva. I mean seriously have you not paid attention to anything he's said the past two years? It was ALL he talked about.

Belfort wants rematch with 'insecure' Anderson Silva

Vitor Belfort: The world wants me to rematch the insecure hands of Anderson Silva

Anderson is hand picking his fights, and he's been clear about that. Vitor is not getting another title shot against the Spider (unless Andersons team decides this is a lower risk than Weidman with a better upside and its available)

He's bitched and moaned and knows its not happening, so now he's calling for a rematch with the other champion he's fought - the guy who's not hand picking fights and has relatively cleaned out his division. He probably thinks his showing was better than his peers even in a losing effort so they may grant it to him.

Simple.

Back