Vitor haters... now what will you say?

I like both fighters. I have no doubt Weidman would beat both. If Chael survives the early onslaught , he wins. I don't think he will , Vitor by tko.

At his hearing we'll hear all about the random test from a few months back, so don't get too cocky TS

This is an interesting fight. If Chael can get ahold of vitor and hold him down he'll have the fight. But I have the feeling vitor is gonna light Chael up in either the first or second

This made me laugh hard. Chael is an awful fighter. Vitor almost subbed JJ... Chael is an easy sub

Chael has an extremely underrated chin, I think he wins the decision.

I read the OP twice and I still don't get what the point is. Maybe I'm just tired.

He is scheduled to fight Chael Sonnen therefore he didn't pull out of a title fight when he was surprise tested and the results were never released?

I don't see what him fighting now has anything to do with what has already happened.

I read the OP twice and I still don't get what the point is. Maybe I'm just tired.

He is scheduled to fight Chael Sonnen therefore he didn't pull out of a title fight when he was surprise tested and the results were never released?

I don't see what him fighting now has anything to do with what has already happened.

No.
He pulled out of a title fight because NSAC all of a sudden banned TRT and he would not be able to cycle off to get a licence to fight in time. (remember, the fight was supposed to have happened last weekend).

Once Machida replaced him, Weidman had surgery on his knees and the fight was moved to July 5th.

Vitor then said publicly he would have been clean by July 5th, and he should have gotten his title shot back, but Zuffa decided to keep Weidman and Vitor would fight next for the belt.

Now Wandi is out and Vitor accepted to fight, on the same event he wanted to fight Weidman on.

The test issue is that since NSAC Banned TRT, Vitor did not sign the agreement to release test results (he would have signed if he was to fight), so people think this is indication that tests came out positive. But we do not know.

Now he is doing tests again. If he was cycling, he will probably fail his tests and now it will be published (since he is fighting at this card).
If he passes though, it is an indication that he is indeed clean (since he was called last minute and would not have been able to cycle off).

Hope that clears up :)

I will be impressed if he gets a license, and can keep it. We will see.

WAR VITOR....to all the haters, I will be there watching the fight... look for a good looking dude wearing a vitor shirt rooting loud as fuck
You are
going to be at 175?? Hell yeah! I'll see you there man. If you are going to the fan expo or weigh ins, let me know.

I might even root for Vitor just because you are my boy, infamouz.

that's odd.
The news I read said he passed the tests.
Now (I went back there) and they made an update saying he submitted his application and did the exams, but that results will be viewed later on...

oh well, in any case, if he was juicing, he would probably not accept doing this in short notice.

But thanks for the update! (I thought it was done already).
How cute.

Your thread was bullshit.

You are
going to be at 175?? Hell yeah! I'll see you there man. If you are going to the fan expo or weigh ins, let me know.

I might even root for Vitor just because you are my boy, infamouz.

I am waiting till the 17th to find out if vitor is fighting for sure or not...if he is fighting for sure I will most likely go...if the tickets are super expensive ill just end up at the expo and the weigh ins.. I live in orange county so its only a 4 hour drive... if I go for sure I will hit you up... ill root for Machida for you as well :), it will be a great card

I am waiting till the 17th to find out if vitor is fighting for sure or not...if he is fighting for sure I will most likely go...if the tickets are super expensive ill just end up at the expo and the weigh ins.. I live in orange county so its only a 4 hour drive... if I go for sure I will hit you up... ill root for Machida for you as well :), it will be a great card
Well there are tickets for the 201-220 sections for like 227.00-278.00 right now. But if you wait too long you might have to pay like 300.00 something :/

But I completely understand what you are saying. You don't want to pay the money if you won't be able to see your favorite fighter!

But hell yeah at least you'll get to go to the expo and weigh-ins no matter what. I'm going with my cousin so you can hit me up when you get down there!

So Vitor is fighting a guy who hasn't won a fight in god knows how long and is also losing his juice, and this somehow qualifies him to fight the MW champ?

Or the fact that he was suppose to be the one fighting Weidman at this PPV event might have something to do with it :(

Vitor still gasses if he gets taken down and beat up on the ground. See Jones vs Belfort. Shades of the "old Vitor" who gets ragdolled by Couture, etc.

Or the fact that he was suppose to be the one fighting Weidman at this PPV event might have something to do with it :(

But that was before he had his juice taken away. He needs to prove he's even close to the same fighter now before we can treat him like the Vitor that earned that shot. A fight with a Sonnen who has one win in the past 2+ years, that came out of the division, and is also losing his TRT, doesn't do it for me. Vitor would have to absolutely dominate this fight and I'd still want him to take another fight before giving him a title shot again. Especially with Jacare hanging around waiting for his shot.

Back