Vitor has always been one of the most underrated fighters...

34qjzb9.gif

On this forum. And he showed it here. Destroyed Bisping!

I agree, particularly after his loss to silva. Lots of folks put Vitor down for that loss, instead of recognizing how spectacular Silva's win was. Newer fans really should rent DVDs to watch the old guard before just putting them down.

both his losses to tito and chuck could have went the other way.

Yeah, that is the one Chuck fight they never showed on Unleashed back in the day for us TUF noobs.

and, that fight with Tito was a war, and the post fight stuff was classic, Sonnen has never achieved that kind of chaos from his trolling.

Well where do you have him rated? He has lost some really big fights in his career but everyone always said he had elite talent and is in the elite class..

When he looks good, he's praised as being that good.

I agree, particularly after his loss to silva. Lots of folks put Vitor down for that loss, instead of recognizing how spectacular Silva's win was. Newer fans really should rent DVDs to watch the old guard before just putting them down.

Yes! Its unbelivable. Remember how people used to talk about Vitor in the build up against Anderson! Now he lost to him and he lost alot of his fan support it seems

Yeah, that is the one Chuck fight they never showed on Unleashed back in the day for us TUF noobs.

and, that fight with Tito was a war, and the post fight stuff was classic, Sonnen has never achieved that kind of chaos from his trolling.

For people that shit all over Tito refer to that fight. Tito was never in Randy or Chuck's class but he was damn good before all the injuries..

Because he can never seem to keep a good streak of wins together. He chokes on the big fights, I think he panics and gets outsmarted some times.

He is superior to almost all the new school he can fight inside the octagon

I think a lot of people think he is the same fighter as his 1997 verson. Some people expect him to gas and outpointed easily(Haters) others expect him to blitz everyone and get a 10 second KO (Nuthuggers). Right now Vitor reminds me of Cub Swanson-better striker than anyone in the division except the champ but might get wrestlefucked by certain guys.

Vitor looked sharp tonight, that's for sure. I was impressed with him.

For me, it wasn't that Vitor was overrated. It was just that Bisping is a solid fighter. And he is. He's shown it. Bisping is a great fighter. I think had the fight went passed 3 round Bisping would probably take it.

Vitor saw the opening and he went for it. Props to him. He's not overrated at all, IMO he's a champion and a HOF and I think he could even give Anderson a tough time given a second fight.

Great night of fights overall.

Given some of Vitors history I was concerned. Glad to see he won decisively.

He has tremendous potential. It depends if he shows up or not.

I actually agree with Flythai for once, Vitor has always been underrated not just on sherdog but in the MMA community. I think being able to fight on a pretty consistent schedule does wonders for him. War Vitor!

Dam right. I remember someone made a thread saying Vitor had "no chance" against Bisping and a lot of idiots were agreeing with it claiming Belfort has no quality wins and blah blah blah. Where is that POS thread now???

Bisping has one single win at MW to give him any credibility as a top win at MW and that is Stann.

you guys crack me up propping up Vitor for his win over Bisping while tearing down Weidman for his wins over Munoz and Maia both of which have comparable top wins to Bisping at MW.

Vitor showed he was good enough to beat a true gatekeeper at MW tonight. We need to see more to truly rank him. And saddest thing is that if Bisping wins a single fight over another borderline top 10 MW, you and others again will be calling him a top MW and calling for his title shot.

Back