Vitor doesn't believe his surprise drug test will stop him from being licenced

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
"My intention is to fight for the belt," Belfort told MMAFighting.com. "I got a license in Brazil from the exams I did. What I want now is get licenses in every state because the UFC is a global company, and I want to fight whenever there’s a fight. If I need a license to fight in Mars, I’m ready."

Belfort hasn’t contacted the NSAC to apply for a license yet, but he’s planning to do it soon.

"We’re going to contact them, as we’re going to contact every other state commission," he said. "I’m focused on a goal, and every day is time to smash the grapes."

Will the surprise drug test taken in February be an issue?

"Not at all, even because I was in treatment," he responded. "The only thing is that I didn’t have the license (to use it) in Nevada.

"I always did all the exams. When I was doing the TRT treatment I did exams every week, so I have all the history. That’s really serious and I have good doctors. I was always very responsible with that."

His wife then proceeds to cut off the interview though

Right before the next question about the result of the surprise test, the interview was interrupted. Joana Prado, Belfort’s wife, picked up the phone and said the fighter wouldn’t talk about it.

"That (subject) is closed," Prado said. "You already have the answer from the lawyer, the UFC and everybody else."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/14/5714656/vitor-belfort-doesnt-think-surprise-drug-test-will-stop-him-from

he should have just blamed the surprise drug test on Jesus...he gives credit to Jesus for everything else. Bet if the interview was in person he would have KO'd the interviewer with punches to the back of the head.

All the Belfort rigamarole is just getting old...you wouldn't need TRT if you weren't juiced to the gills for years, it sucks he's in this position but he brought it on himself.

Lol vitor makes it so obvious that he failed the test.

lol @ applying for a license to every state. Pretty sure you only apply for a license in a state once you're scheduled to fight in that state.

Who cares.

I want to see Vitor steroided out of his mind. We want Thermostat Vitor, none of this natural BS.

Sounds to me though, based off this

"Not at all, even because I was in treatment," he responded. "The only thing is that I didn’t have the license (to use it) in Nevada.

And Dana's comments that he didn't understand the results, that Vitor failed the test, but only because he didn't yet have a TUE for his TRT.

I don't believe we do have the answer from their lawyers or the ufc yet. What is she trying to even say?

Honestly, that shit with his wife is why I can't take Vitor seriously. He claims to be this soldier of Christ, but he's in a bloodsport looking to get rich and is more than willing to cheat and then try to cover up his cheating to reach his goal.

And Dana's comments that he didn't understand the results, that Vitor failed the test, but only because he didn't yet have a TUE for his TRT.

I'd like to know what kind of test it was. If it was a urine test, it seems likely that his T:E ratio would have been off since he was on TRT. But it was common knowledge that he was undergoing TRT, so why would they have bothered with a urine test? If it was a blood test, then his levels should have been within the "normal" range even if he was on TRT.

Damn! Vitor must really have milked a whole pharmacy for all its worth!

that makes a lot more sense, since he didn't have TRT from Neveda yet could have been the reason if he failed the surprise test... anyhow I hope it gets cleared, he fights and beats ass and the shertards stfu

DaYamn... the Vitor hate is strong with this post.

All the double-sided coin MMA fans refuse to judge Hendo or Chael on their TRT usage, since they didn't look as jacked as Belfort, or because of the fact that they are American.

Vitor is going to crush Weidman. Unless he fights Lyoto, then cripes IDK

I've always hated Vitor just let him fight without his TRT against Rockhold and that will prove whether his recent fights were because of his skill or because of his TRT.

I'd like to know what kind of test it was. If it was a urine test, it seems likely that his T:E ratio would have been off since he was on TRT. But it was common knowledge that he was undergoing TRT, so why would they have bothered with a urine test? If it was a blood test, then his levels should have been within the "normal" range even if he was on TRT.

right, but if he doesn't have a TRT through Nevada, he would automatically fail for being on trt

DaYamn... the Vitor hate is strong with this post.

All the double-sided coin MMA fans refuse to judge Hendo or Chael on their TRT usage, since they didn't look as jacked as Belfort, or because of the fact that they are American.

Vitor is going to crush Weidman. Unless he fights Lyoto, then cripes IDK

The best part is the Diazs still get the most hate and they don't CHEAT by using STEROIDS, or have KOs from back of the head punches.

That's a good wife. Not saying I have a problem with the question... but I'm sure she's sick of her husband being patronized and asked the same questions constantly. And Vitor, trying his best to be a professional probably doesn't want to outright withhold the answer.

right, but if he doesn't have a TRT through Nevada, he would automatically fail for being on trt

Yeah, the whole thing is pretty stupid. He's going to fail the test because he doesn't have a TUE, but he hadn't even had the opportunity to apply for said TUE at the point they tested him. The whole thing is a boondoggle.

lol @ applying for a license to every state. Pretty sure you only apply for a license in a state once you're scheduled to fight in that state.

there's nothing preventing you from getting licensed even when you are not scheduled to fight. In Nevada, a fighter license lasts for the calendar year in which it was issued; so if you fight 2 times in nevada in a year, you only need to get licensed once.

He could get licensed everywhere so he'd be able to fight on any card, anywhere, for the whole year.

Honestly, that shit with his wife is why I can't take Vitor seriously. He claims to be this soldier of Christ, but he's in a bloodsport looking to get rich and is more than willing to cheat and then try to cover up his cheating to reach his goal.

sounds like most christians to me.

Back