Vitor Belfort

see above, PS since I usually always see you bashing or trying to discredit someone, who is your favorite fighter?

Claudes favorite fighter is FEDOR.
And he does everything he can to discredit Anderson as GOAT, which includes bashing fighters that Anderson beat, and the whole weight class.

Claudes favorite fighter is FEDOR.
And he does everything he can to discredit Anderson as GOAT, which includes bashing fighters that Anderson beat, and the whole weight class.

ohh fedor the guy that got knocked out by hendo? then two years later vitor murdered hendo?

ummm at the time that was the best competition in UFC and at the time... Yes he lost to the gracie killer Sakuraba, sakuraba was a beast and vitor was kid at the time but that was a legitimate loss. you make it seem like every fighter is perfect.

Especially during the beginning of the sport when people didn't know really what to expect, most fighters were one dimensional, much different now when most fighters know to train every aspect

Yeah, i'm not asking for any excuses, i'm simply showing you he was always inconsistent, and having a "rough patch" during a time he fought nothing but great fighters makes perfect sense.

The guy most people consider the goat (Anderson silva) lost to Luiz Azeredo, Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan all a bunch of cans that have no real legitimate wins that most fans have never heard of.

Most people consider Fedor the GOAT.

yes he got grinded out by an Olympic Greco roman wrestler, wrestling was his weak point, his game has evolved with the rest of the sport, if they fought now randy would get murdered

So he would beat a 50 year old man who's retired. Wow, that's just amazing. He's definitely on another level now :icon_lol:

a lot of people thought he won that fight, that fight could have gone either way, would love to see them rematch, another person vitor would kill and theyre around the same age

So you see? he wasn't underperforming, he was actually having close fights with elite fighters at the time.

You can stop making excuses now.

its not that he didn't have a full training camp, but that he wasn't mentally there, I may not know for sure, but I can make my better judgment on how that would affect him, especially since before than he wasn't known for his mental game..

Excatly, you don't know that for sure, you're just guessing. He was always inconsistent.

well considering Vitor was primarily known for his boxing and now has 3 straight KO wins with head kicks that's one starter...

He used head kicks in the past. Watch his fight vs. Liddell. He threw some very fast and powerful head kicks. The problem is that he wasn't fight a 43 year old brawler, or Bisping or Rockhold, he was facing a very good kick boxer in Liddell. He also fought and lost to Overeem who was a good striker.

He's throwing more head kicks now because his opponents have been a lot more vulnerable to them. Bisping wasn't a big of a threat in the stand-up, and Vitor wasn't worried about being taken down. Same with Rockhold. Hendo came out swinging and got head kicked after he was rocked by punches.

Having 3 head kick KO's speaks more about his competition than anything else.

he started during a time that everyone was 1 dimensional, vitor had a BJJ backbone but had fast and powerful hands.. they have amazing coaches at blackzillians.. did you ever see him throw spinning kicks before??

So landing a one in a million spinning back kick means he's better now? That's just silly.

How about this: Aside from Eastman, when is the last time you saw Vitor KO someone using the clinch and knees?

So that must mean his game isn't as good now because he hasn't KO'd anyone like that since then. See how silly that is?

I don't care about tons of fighters, I am talking about vitor, his game has looked the best as of the last few years, after his MW debut, my personal opinion is that his camp and dedication have helped him get to where he is at today.

Did you see the change from the his fight with Zicik at LHW to his fights at MW?

what is your professional background? please enlighten me how you're an expert in this again? how many pro fights have you been in, how long have you trained?

That's irrelevant.

Unless you come up with a good explanation as to why Vitor started his highlight reel KO's as soon as he moved down to 185, and before even switching camps an being on TRT, you're going to lose this argument. Do not bother making a long ass reply if you're not going to explain that, otherwise i won't reply it.

Cheers.

Claude is just a hater..

Vitor always had the skill set to compete with anyone, but his head wasn't in it.

Now he is at a good spot and is focused.

Unless you come up with a good explanation as to why Vitor started his highlight reel KO's as soon as he moved down to 185, and before even switching camps an being on TRT, you're going to lose this argument. Do not bother making a long ass reply if you're not going to explain that, otherwise i won't reply it.

Cheers.

What a chode.

Maybe you should read the topic of the thread before posting your stupid comments.

I'll actually post any stupid comment I want to. Just like how you posted Cheater Belfort would do this or do that to Weidman like you had a crystal ball.

Lol at beating Hendo not being good. He didnt just beat him, he lifted him off the ground with a punch and then knocked him the fuck out.

Tank? no
Wanderlei? no he was still an up-and-commer

He lost to Sakuraba, Liddell, Randy, and Herring (but was gifted a decision)

Then he beat Randy in a flukish way (after his sister disappeared :icon_idea), and lost the rematch (he had already lost to Randy before his sister's incident), but accordig to you, this time he lost because of his sister...:icon_conf

Then he lost to Tito, who was elite at the time (and he was doing great until Tito dropped him).

Overeem, who was a great fighter, and Hendo (while being on roids).

The truth is Vitor always lost to elite fighters, and was always inconsistent.

So he didn't have full training camps during any of his losses?

Can you provide a source?

How did his game evolve? Tell me exactly what he does now that he didn't do before.

Tons of fighters change their training camps and they don't revive their careers like Vitor did. That's the same excuse used for A. Silva. His streak of devastating KO's started before joining the Blackzilians and before he was on TRT...and right when he dropped to MW. :icon_idea

Can you exaplain this?

So now you're making an excuse about size, when Vitor competed at HW? :icon_lol:

You don't know if he would be competitive. He had a terrible record at LHW, and beating Hendo these days isn't a good indicator.

I find it odd you going over his whole early career and ripping it to shreds in a on steroids vs not on steroids arguement. If you don't think Vitor was juicing in his early UFC appearances(when it was not banned) you are crazy. His former trainer admitted it(Carlson) and most people accept that it is the cause of his low hormone levels today. Every fight up until he fought Randy at UFC 15 he was bigger.

Not that i don't agree with you that the TRT was a great benefit to him. Before i can give a shit about Vitor again he has to release the results of his suprise test. I think we all know the reason he hasn't.

PED testing has gotten very sophisticated and i haven't kept up. But in the past testosterone has always been the easiest hormone to cheat with because it is naturally occuring in the body(unlike say stananzozol) and is available is serveral forms from 3 week esters to straight water suspensions that could be used right up to a few days before testing. Now they have developed tests to determine whether an athlete has used man made testosterone. But can they determine at what doses aside from the measurement of free floating testosterone? If not the TRT athlete basically has a license to cheat.

Back