Vitamixer

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by dza76wutang, Nov 3, 2010.

1. dza76wutang

dza76wutang Black Belt

Is this the best blender in terms of performance vs price? I make smoothies for breakfast every day and the blender I got at Walmart is proving itself to be woefully inadequate. I'm willing to spring for a heavy duty blender but I'd like to make sure I'm buying legit performance and not something that costs 3-500 dollars because it has a catchy name. What blenders are you guys using?

2. immovablestone

immovablestone Purple Belt

IMHO, you only need a crazy ass blender if you're chopping ice and shit up constantly.

I've only owned 2 lower end Oster blenders in ~10 years (and only got the newer one because it looked snazzier), but I never blend up anything rougher than fruit/vegetables/liquids basically.

3. dza76wutang

dza76wutang Black Belt

I am using frozen produce regularly and the Osterizer I have does a poor job in my opinion of cutting through it in a timely manner. I am not blending fresh ingredients it all goes straight from the freezer to the blender, hence I feel like the heavy duty blender would be a sound investment, as it would be used daily.

Thus the issue is not "do I need a heavy duty blender" but rather "which is optimal"?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  4. SocraticMethod

SocraticMethod Kingmaker

I got a Cuisinart as wedding present. It is great for what I use it for. I have not used it for ice or frozen produce, but it handled cashews very well.

5. stay_gold

stay_gold Yellow Belt

I have a vitamix and it's one of the best things I've ever bought... I use it a few times a day.

6. ThePitBull32

ThePitBull32 Green Belt

Vitamix is amazing. I use it daily. Not a single complaint.

7. FlameBoy

FlameBoy Green Belt

i have had a vitamix for 4 months now. It is the business!↲i went thru 10 cheap blenders in a year doin protein and acai 2 times a day 7 days a week.↲lt drove me mad. I recorded the infomercials and watched them over and over. ↲i finally ordered mine with a 60 day money back gaurentee and a 4 month installment plan.↲should have done it years ago. ↲do it!