Vitali dominates Briggs via UD

Wolverine5150

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Wow, Briggs took quite a beating. Personally, I thought it should've been stopped for the sake of Briggs' health and safety, but I give the man props for staying on his feet. Damn, what a mismatch.
Congrats to Vitali, still the WBC heavyweight king.

Damn, Briggs can take some heavy punches.

I think it should've been stopped in the 9th or 10th. Briggs wasn't going nowhere with his hands down and eating the lead left all the time.

Seemed like Briggs was trying to prove a point by going the distance, whereas he would have been better off unloading in the early rounds and hoping to inflict some damage before Vitali could settle in. Of course, easier said than done. Can't say enough about Briggs' chin though, holy shit. He actually seemed halfway coherent afterwards as well.

It drives me nuts the way Briggs keeps his hands so low though...leaning away from trouble and rolling off just takes him out of range for his own offense to kick in. He really needs to work inside on the elite HW's out there now.

Briggs showed a lot of class after that fight! He didn't make any excuses and gave Vitali a lot of credit. Most other boxers wouldn't have stayed on their feet but Briggs did! And he hit Vitali with a couple of counter rights that would have dropped A LOT of other fighters! So Vitali proved once again he can take em.

I was shocked to hear Briggs went 12 with Vitali. Shit I remember watching Darroll Wilson KO Shannon back in '96. Props to Briggs with his asthma and all for hanging in.

horrible performance by Briggs
Pathetic

Heard the ref was awful

It was basically the Vitali-Peter fight only with Briggs refusing to quit in the corner and the referee letting Briggs get staggered constantly in the second half of the fight. The referee should have waved it off in the 8th or 9th as Briggs was game but was throwing next to nothing and was eating overhand rights all night.

One of the worst fights ever.Briggs threw 3 punches in the whole match.He's so
heavy that he can't move. Absolutely horrible.

Briggs didn't look like he had any idea where he was in that last round. Amazing that he was still coherent after the match.

No way America can win if they keep send fighter like that.What happend man HAHA

Watching it on TV now (free to air broadcast in Australia FTW!). Sad boxing match, I'd rather watch vitali hit the heavy bag for 12 rounds. Should've been stopped in the 10th.

The cannon looked shot in the last rounds..

Vitali is still really good. Briggs is one tough guy but he took an awful beating. He got hit with that overhand right probably 40 or 50 times. I can't believe he stood the whole time

How the hell did he take the beating he got for 12 rounds? I know the ref had more then 1 chance to stop the fight but the fact that he took all 12 rounds of that beating is shocking to me.

Back