1. Server maintenance is scheduled for today between 11AM and 2PM ET. The site will go down for 15-20 mins. We'll try to get it done before noon.

Visualization

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by spacetime, Jul 5, 2020.

1. spacetime Yellow Card Yellow Card

2. StanClarker Yellow Card Yellow Card

<Huh2>Say sumthin' instead of expecting me to fill in all the blanks.

3. spacetime Yellow Card Yellow Card

I'd be curious to know how many do this...

I do. I have a frame of reference and interpose myself doing the technique..maybe not so much sparring but drilling for sure. As long as the technique is within my reach, it works.

4. StanClarker Yellow Card Yellow Card

<puh-lease75>The only visualization Rogan does is that $100 million brass ring.

<Cage33>I think this is off topic for the MMA group here.

<NotListening>In any event, I posted an answer to this (I guess?), by a karate grandpa... and the whole UFC discussion forum completely spazzed. <HanaKimura01>Did it on purpose too.

5. StanClarker Yellow Card Yellow Card

Say hello to Grandpa...
    Stan Schmidt Shihan at All JKA National Seminar - 7 March 2014
    •Jun 12, 2014

[​IMG]
    JKA Australia Inc

2.66K subscribers
    SUBSCRIBE
    2nd Day 7 March 2014 All JKA National Seminar Instructor: Stan Shmidt Shihan

jjjjjHe opens the door for you...as he does for all these karatekas. How many step through... dunno.

The issue with MMA is twofold. One, promotion of an entertainment enterprise. Different objective in the seminar. Two, the characteristics of that entertainment... which is sports. Different endeavor than what's presented in the seminar. Third, everyone trying to promote their idea of success over the other... anywhere.

I'd characterize the dynamic here as "instruction," along the lines of how my Judo dojo functions. Grandpa here though,,, is really talking far afield about everything karate... comes across as ramblings. With MMA's closed mind capitalism it doesn't deserve better.

P.S. Granpa also answers the stance to defend take downs, low kicks question. Short answer, philosophy. All these threads answered in 1 video. <{jackyeah}>Enjoy.

P.S. You've got very good kickboxer resources here... so why not recycle those? <HanaKimura01> Granda & MMA does not compute.

6. StanClarker Yellow Card Yellow Card

What do I visualize..? The karate students @ the seminar getting slaughtered in MMA.<WellThere>

7. StanClarker Yellow Card Yellow Card

{<diva}With GRanpa guesting on JRE... Rogan's new $100 million contract would get cancelled.

8. generalyum Purple Belt

Visualization's been a huge aid and game changer for me. For example, it's helped my wrestling shots immensely because shooting a takedown is all about drilling and repetitions. Being able to visualize and get those mental reps in have really helped my grappling. I was a skeptic at first but now I'm convinced.

I try to visualize whenever I have downtime (ex. waiting in line at the DMV, long car rides, boring conference calls, etc.)

9. remoku White Belt

Visualization is something I've practiced for years.

Visualization will help you master fluidity.

However, it's not only about repetition, but the weight of the imaginary you can carry.

What do you know about the imaginary field that you visualize into? Seek answers for this question.

(I wont post my video again but in my recent posts I show a video that will help to imagine with more weight).

10. StanClarker Yellow Card Yellow Card

:confused:Not sure....