Visiting UFC events (live)

The Invisible

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is it worth it? Can you follow the fights good if you're somewhere high in the arena? Is it still fun watching it their, or only if you have great floor seats?

It's actually worse on ground level depending on where you sit. The cage, especially the corners make it nigh impossible to see.

Yes.

Definitely worth it.

Better to sit near the front of the second level, so you can see down into the cage.

Its interesting that i have heard multiple media members and UFC crew themselves say they rather watch it from home.

If that doesnt say something, i dont know what does

Live you are paying for the experience. Not because the view is better.

Last edited:
Is it worth it? Can you follow the fights good if you're somewhere high in the arena? Is it still fun watching it their, or only if you have great floor seats?

I've never been to a UFC event , but went to a Bellator one, with decent seats.... I honestly found myself watching the big screen more than the actual cage. The energy at a big event is definitely something to experience once or twice, but IMO nothing beats watching at home on a big screen with your buddies and brews.

Last edited:
It's actually worse on ground level depending on where you sit. The cage, especially the corners make it nigh impossible to see.

Yessir. The cage and posts are MUCH more of a viewing hinderance from ground level IRL. Ironically Center row nosebleed seats right over the cage are the best seats in house.

Every time that I went my seats were like mid-level in the arena and I thought it was perfect. I could see over the top of the cage and the big screen is there for the replays. I haven't ever sat floor level but from where I was sitting it looked like it would be even harder to see if you were on the floor but not in the first few rows.

Middle of second level are prime seats. I know a lot of analysts and people that only watch them live would rather watch them at home on TV and for the majority of events, I would rather watch them on TV as well.

With that said, if you've never been to an event I HIGHLY suggest going to one. The energy in the arena and the feeling you get is unparalleled. When the main card starts and Bruce Buffer comes out it is truly a one of a kind experience.

My first UFC event was UFC 129 in Toronto so I was a bit spoiled but everytime I go to an event I still get that butterfly feeling in my stomach

Better to visit pre recorded imo

I had nosebleeds at 226 for a birthday gift. Beyond awesome I understood everything happening

Yes it's worth it.

IMO, besides fight pass it's the only the thing the UFC charges that is worth the money.

Most seats are good. On the floor is tricky, especially if you are manlet sized. People will stand up if anything crazy happens.

Best value seats are 2nd level, front row. Those that have sat there know what I'm talking about.

ill give you my OP

been to a few live. such a great time. very wild dramatic vibe feeling the arena.
so worth it no matter where the seats.
have been blessed and had really good seats the times i went, that being said. there will always be an obstacle in the viewing. ref,cage,camera guys, etc.
i did find my self watching the jumbotron more than the action through the cage. so you have viewing options there, the cage and the best seat in the house being the big screen.
as long as you go for the experience and not the view then you will have a great time.

I don't bother watching the UFC or Bellator, much on TV, I rather go to the event. If I do watch it on TV, it's because it is somebody I know on that card, and I watch it with the volume down so I do not hear the commentary. As I said, I rather attend an event, I go to regional events more then anything though because I feel like the "hunger" and humility is still strong within most on the regional scenes. Attending the UFC or Bellator events, I get cageside seats, so I can hear the action from the fighters, hear the sounds of them talking, breathing, etc etc.. instead of being in the actual crowd and listening to some drunk fool, talk about "I can get in there and do that".

Yes it's worth it.

IMO, besides fight pass it's the only the thing the UFC charges that is worth the money.

Most seats are good. On the floor is tricky, especially if you are manlet sized. People will stand up if anything crazy happens.

Best value seats are 2nd level, front row. Those that have sat there know what I'm talking about.
yes. just above the top of the cage obstruction. is a golden seat.
and agree. besides FP, live events have the $ value even if they are expensive. worth it.

Yes.

Definitely worth it.

Better to sit near the front of the second level, so you can see down into the cage.
I agree with the first row just above ground is best

Is it worth it? Meh, I guess u should go at least once. I've been to 2 ufcs and a strike force. I duno I got free tix for each, but watching at home might be best

I've ben cage side is great couldn't imagine being in the rows of seats I dont think you'll see much

Never been to a UFC event but cornered fighters and seen a good amount of local events and if you haven't been to one you have to go.

On TV it's fun to watch but in person you get a literal feel for how hard these people hit, their toughness and how real it all is. It's hard to capture that real fight energy over the TV.
"little" jabs don't look little anymore, it's such an eye opening experience and fun as hell.

also!!!!
maybe more importantly.

the day before and several hours before the fights. "if a big city"
usually can catch half a dozen fighters out and about and get a picture or a hat signed etc. or even just a few min of conversation.
in dallas i got several sigs on my heebawk ufc shill hat. and met reem early in the day walking the plaza.
he was super cool. told me he had to keep moving but if i walked with him i could get a few pics and chat along the way.
and there is almost always a few hours outside of the arena prefight with several fighter booths for promos and signings and stuff.
so there is some real value in going early to get $ worth out of the experience. meeting a bunch of fighters and getting a few pics will turn a 100$ nosebleed into a priceless weekend memory.
but i am a shameless fanboy. see my AV lol. "ufc chicago pre fight" aljo and stipe!
double pictochamp in 2020 boys. aljo gets strapped and stipe retains. i would love to have an epic pic with 2 ufc champs before they were champs.

I've been to two events. Had good seats, great view of the action, but there were just so many drunken, obnoxious dumbasses everywhere that it has kinda turned me off

I've been to multiple and I enjoy it although it is kind of different than watching on TV.. no commentary (unless they still sell those little earpiece things that you could hear them from, although I think that's dead?).

I always try to get my tix 2nd level first or 2nd row because I like looking down on the cage than trying to look through it.

Back