Visiting Seattle, what to do?

MUSTKILL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hey Sherbros,

Going to visit the rainy city of Seattle in Feb.
So far I've got the Pike Place Market and a few parks bookmarked, but nothing set in stone.
Any locals or travelers know of some good spots/food/entertainment to check out?

Go get some.

img_2393.jpg

Just mainly outdoor activities. Go check out capital hill if you're a hipster. Smoke some legal green, and go to the flight museum. All depends on what you like to do

Just mainly outdoor activities. Go check out capital hill if you're a hipster. Smoke some legal green, and go to the flight museum. All depends on what you like to do

Thanks, I'll def check those out.
I'd mainly like to stick to outdoor stuff with nature.
Is the Space needle worth checking out? Heard its just Ok?

Go get some.

img_2393.jpg

i've been there; those are some delicious dogs

why go in February? go in the summer; weather is so much better and so much hiking can be done

In February, it might not have the best views, and its cold and windy as hell up here. They sell visitor packs with tickets to local sights like the flight museum, zoo, aquairium(shit aquarium), space needle, and a short harbor tour that gives nice views of Seattle. Weather has a lot to do with the views though.

Sunday brunch at Saltys is expensive, but has a great view, and decent food. Hike rattlesnake ridge, as it is really close, and maybe go kayaking a bit north. You might see some whales at that time of year.

space needle sucks if its a coudy/rainy day. so much better in the summer

Feb is my anniversary month for my woman.
How cold is it around that time? I might have to have some indoor activities in the back pocket just incase.

If you like music even a little bit, go check out the Museum of Pop Culture (formerly the EMP Museum). There is a permanent Jimi Hendrix exhibit that has a bunch of his guitars, including his Woodstock Strat and the one he torched at Monterey. Pretty incredible. There's also a guitar gallery that has hundreds of guitars, which includes a bunch that were used by other famous musicians.

drink some Pennyroyal Tea.

Feb is my anniversary month for my woman.
How cold is it around that time? I might have to have some indoor activities in the back pocket just incase.
It's not only the temp, but the humidity and wind. February really sucks here IMO, especially if you're not use to it.

Since you re there with your woman? Snoqualmie falls is a must. Colder the better. Park just past the fish hatchery at the end of the road. Enjoy a short walk to the base of the falls. Incredible and close to town. Do NOT try and look at it from the lodge above it. It is behind the falls and you can't see them. Locals park where i described

Since you re there with your woman? Snoqualmie falls is a must. Colder the better. Park just past the fish hatchery at the end of the road. Enjoy a short walk to the base of the falls. Incredible and close to town. Do NOT try and look at it from the lodge above it. It is behind the falls and you can't see them. Locals park where i described

Good looking out, exactly the info I'm looking for. Thanks!

It's not only the temp, but the humidity and wind. February really sucks here IMO, especially if you're not use to it.

I'm used to 70 degree weather all year round, so it's safe to say I won't be used to it.

i've been there; those are some delicious dogs

why go in February? go in the summer; weather is so much better and so much hiking can be done

I was visiting my friend. Wish they had those here in Nola. Need to get those recipes.

Just following up on my previous q.
Does anyone know if a passport is required to go from Washington to Vancouver?
I hear the sushi is cheap and phenomenal there and would like to make a trip out of it. Just want to know what to expect and what to bring.

Back