Vision loss after a street fight, what the heck happened ?????

Ruslan Gabe

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So I got involved in a streetfight where I took like 2 punches in my face, head.
After that, I noticed I was seeing somewhat black in my vision, like part - vision loss, let's say 30% of my vision was black and the rest normal. It all came back after 30 minutes. I was not hit in the eye

Any idea what is going on ? do fighters get through this in mma matches ? what caused my vision problems ?

Last edited:
Concussion maybe? Not sure

Not sure, but I think you def wanna take it looked at for sure. Good luck to you, Sherbro.

If the brain hits against the back of the skull (whiplash kind of movement), it is the visual cortex (occipital lobe) that suffers the shock. Any bruise or temporary swelling here will affect your visual field.

whatiswhiplash-non-surgicalorthopaedics-1650906782.jpeg

Lol nice try there's no such thing as a sherdogger who gets hurt in streetfightes

i remember wonderboy saying after taking a headbutt in one of his fights he couldn't see out of one of his eyes for a while (i think it was the geoff neal fight). Likely brain bouncing around in the skull related.

So I got involved in a streetfight where I took like 2 punches in my face, head.
After that, I noticed I was seeing somewhat black in my vision, like part - vision loss, let's say 30% of my vision was black and the rest normal. It all came back after 30 minutes. I was not hit in the eye

Any idea what is going on ? do fighters get through this in mma matches ? what caused my vision problems ?
Neurologist & opthalmologist + MR with contrast.

Likely “just” a concussion, but better check the retina, because a “black curtain” partial vision loss could be a retina detachment, which needs immediate surgery, however it’s unlikely because it wouldn’t get better as you described.

retina stuff ofc will not get better as had been described.
Small little blood clot in brain substance sometimes might do such trick as had been described.
Doctor.

Did the guy that punched you look like this:
already-dead.gif

Back