Law Virginia governor declares state of emergency to ban legal gun carrying. People could die here.

Are you suggesting a large armed force take action against the government?

2a sanctuaries suggests that most LE are on the side of the protesters

Are you suggesting a large armed force take action against the government?

I'm applauding that citizens and law enforcement alike are standing up and saying "no" to measures that citizens didn't vote for. I think it's about time that we started voted on proposed laws instead of just singular representatives.

I'm applauding that citizens and law enforcement alike are standing up and saying "no" to measures that citizens didn't vote for. I think it's about time that we started voted on proposed laws instead of just singular representatives.

What? That's so fucking stupid I dont even know where to start. What's yuh our opinion in the first 1700 Bills for the year?

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+lst+ALL+HJ0006

It's a full time job. That's why you have someone represent you.

See, now you are just making stuff up because you dont like what happened. Weaver didnt ho to 1 meeting. He went to 3 or 4.

Weaver said in his book they asked him to saw off 2 shotguns, and he did. They weren't very exact about the measurements, and the gun ended up 3/8 of an inch too short. He even said he wondered why the agent didbt do it himself.
Where is the 3 or 4? Wiki?
And 3/8, while still minuscule and petty, I didn't see. Is that from the feds notes or charges or something? Those two?
Are the documents out there, photos of the guns or where are you seeing those? As mentioned, I'm going from memory, but I did follow it/educate myself. At the time.

Edit to add I see you cited Weaver's book. He said 3 or 4 meetings and 3/8" too short? But he meant to cut it to legal spec, right? Just fucked up?

2a sanctuaries suggests that most LE are on the side of the protesters

..... and? Are you suggesting that some LE will attack the virginia government? I very much doubt it. There is a word for that action.

What? That's so fucking stupid I dont even know where to start. What's yuh our opinion in the first 1700 Bills for the year?

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+lst+ALL+HJ0006

It's a full time job. That's why you have someone represent you.

Did you, yourself, read any of those?

It's a ton of needless red tape as to whether or not to commend random dudes for random shit. And yes, if it meant putting the citizens in the booth to vote for random bureaucracy, I would support it.

I'm sure you're smart enough to know that I meant the people should vote on proposals for shit that actually impacts citizens.

The state, myself included, may have voted blue, but I guarantee you that they didn't vote blue to choke out our second amendment rights.

..... and? Are you suggesting that some LE will attack the virginia government? I very much doubt it. There is a word for that action.

You are making this out to be the people vs. the government when it's clear that a good chunk of the government itself are backing the protesters, including the majority of the LE. I assume the same for the military also. So, when it comes down to it, it's the government vs. the government.

You are making this out to be the people vs. the government when it's clear that a good chunk of the government itself are backing the protesters, including the majority of the LE. I assume the same for the military also. So, when it comes down to it, it's the government vs. the government.

I don't trust a single member of the armed forces who opposes the second amendment.

Same for cops.

Not that I trust cops in general.

But I don't trust anyone who is paid by the government to hold a weapon who believes citizens should have restrictions on theirs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you, yourself, read any of those?

It's a ton of needless red tape as to whether or not to commend random dudes for random shit. And yes, if it meant putting the citizens in the booth to vote for random bureaucracy, I would support it.

I'm sure you're smart enough to know that I meant the people should vote on proposals for shit that actually impacts citizens.

The state, myself included, may have voted blue, but I guarantee you that they didn't vote blue to choke out our second amendment rights.

Sure didnt, that's why I vote for representatives.

And they all affect someone in some way. Just because most dont affect you doesnt mean they dont affect people.

Where is the 3 or 4? Wiki?
And 3/8, while still minuscule and petty, I didn't see. Is that from the feds notes or charges or something? Those two?
Are the documents out there, photos of the guns or where are you seeing those? As mentioned, I'm going from memory, but I did follow it/educate myself. At the time.

Edit to add I see you cited Weaver's book. He said 3 or 4 meetings and 3/8" too short? But he meant to cut it to legal spec, right? Just fucked up?

he claimed the AFT cut it again after he gave it to them.

Sure didnt, that's why I vote for representatives.

And they all affect someone in some way. Just because most dont affect you doesnt mean they dont affect people.

How much of an impact do you think giving a promotion or a commendation to some random state trooper has on the entire population?

You can't discern shit like that from proposals that limit our constitutional rights?

They can back protestors all they want, and protest as much as they want. I would reccomend voting in the next election if they dont like this legislature's laws.

Organized violent rebellion, not so much.

How much of an impact do you think giving a promotion or a commendation to some random state trooper has on the entire population?

You can't discern shit like that from proposals that limit our constitutional rights?

Technically, they arent allowed to curtail our rights. Neither are popular votes. If you think that a law violates the constitution, there is a way to have laws struck down legally by the courts.

I have yet to see anywhere in the constitution it says to have a rebellion.

Technically, they arent allowed to curtail our rights. Neither are popular votes. If you think that a law violates the constitution, there is a way to have laws struck down legally by the courts.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What does that mean to you?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What does that mean to you?

That a militia being necessary to secure a state, the right for people to keep weapons will not be violated.

It seems pretty self explanatory. What does this mean to you?

The judicial power of the United States, shall be vested in one Supreme Court, and in such inferior courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish.

That a militia being necessary to secure a state, the right for people to keep weapons will not be violated.

It seems pretty self explanatory. What does this mean to you?

The judicial power of the United States, shall be vested in one Supreme Court, and in such inferior courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish.

You didn't answer my question, bud.

The very act of writing it was a rebellion. The events that led to its creation was a rebellion
It's ratification as the basis for a new autonomous nation was a rebellion.

Guns are guns are guns. Some are just more efficient than others or have a more specialized role. Either you can have guns or you can't. Any argument on the type is farcical. They're all tools, they all can kill. If its of such importance that firearms be taken out of the handa of civilians than politicians need to nut up and just repel the 2nd. If most of America agree there shouldn't be any issues surely.

Back