Law Virginia governor declares state of emergency to ban legal gun carrying. People could die here.

Saying "They're not coming to peacefully protest. They are coming to intimidate and cause harm," is about as onesided as you can get.

When a citizen says stuff like this they're a presumptuous piece of shit. When a Governor says and acts upon something like this, it's enacted fascism.

So basically every Antifa rally over the last few years...

The right to carry guns is not absolute, and it never has been.

Try getting on a plane with a gun if you think open carry laws have no limits. Or going to a concert. Or going to a sports game. Or try taking a tour of the White House with your AK-47, lol.

There are, and always have been, recognized gun-free zones... whether you think this is right or not, it is reality.

The Governor is within his legal rights to declare a state of emergency.

The timing (Martin Luther King Day), location (same place there was a fatally violent White Power rally), and intended presence of out of state militia groups all add up to legitimate concerns for public safety. Plus, Northam is acting on information from law enforcement.

You gun nuts need to step up or step down here. Either prove you are law abiding citizen, like you so vehemently and constantly declare, and ABIDE THE LAW...

Or refuse to obey the law, engage in a firefight with local law enforcement, prove yourselves to be violent anarchists, and see how quickly national opinion slams against militia groups.

Last edited:
You gun nuts need to step up or step down here. Either prove you are law abiding citizen, like you so vehemently and constantly declare, and ABIDE THE LAW...

I think it's people like you who need to pick a street. You go on and on about the evils of fascist authoritarianism when it suits your fancy. It's "bootlicker" this, "Nazi Germany" that...

Oh', but when a law is being enforced that you like, you're all "Obey the law, citizen!"

It's all too funny at how phony you are.

is this the blackface guy?

Yes. And not just regular blackface, posing with a guy in KKK garb.

He needs to deploy the national guard to defend the state from these militias. This is what the people voted for and the people who lost refuse to accept the results and are throwing a temper tantrum. Worst yet, these people have guns. The majority needs to step up and voice their opinions. Can't have a small minority of gun nuts dictate state laws.

Tyranny of the majority doesn't legitimize seizing people's private property and this can be demonstrated by thought experiment. Furthermore, it is already the law of the land that the Second Amendment supersedes state law.

So, is this like a trial run for he rest of the country?

"You can't just take their guns! They'll revolt...and they've got freakin' guns!"

"Ehhhh, let's test it out in, oh' I don't know...Virginia. See how it goes."

It very well could be. Draconian gun laws have already been enacted in states in which the rural/urban culture divide allowed it more smoothly. Virginia strikes me as a state in which the rural culture still holds enough sway to push back. Furthermore, this is an example of going 0-to-100 on the laws instead of slowly boiling the frog.

The right to carry guns openly is not absolute, and it never has been.

Try getting on a plane with a gun if you think open carry laws have no limits. Or going to a concert. Or going to a sports game. Or try taking a tour of the White House with your AK-47, lol.

There are, and always have been, recognized gun-free zones... whether you think this is right or not, it is reality.

The timing (Martin Luther King Day), location (same place there was a fatally violent White Power rally), and intended presence of out of state militia groups all add up to legitimate concerns for public safety. Plus, it is probable that Northam has information from law enforcement that he is acting on.

Or refuse to obey the law, engage in a firefight with local law enforcement, prove yourselves to be violent anarchists, and see how quickly national opinion slams against militia groups.

False equivalence all over the place AND demanding action. Classic. You do know that Richmond isn't Charlottesville, correct? Adding that it is MLK day reframes this from a civil rights issue for every color and creed in the state to a race one, which is needlessly divisive and an implied smear.

So places like Sweeden, Canada, and Japan have no criminals?
Sweden and non-nationalist governments (that's crazy) who are making more and more decisions and rules that are anti the interests of the natives of their countries. #1. Crime will rise from these decisions, and #2. As these anti-national decisions build and build, the citizens have no way of stopping any of it, ever. #3. The reason Americans have guns written into their Constitution is to make sure the government works for them.. Even though that hasn't been the case for a while.

Lol this finna lead to Waco 2.0
Waco was a hundred religious zealots, half being women and children. This could be 100 thousand Americans. I'm tempted to go.. But I don't have the money right now. I would not carry in defiance of the law, because I generally do not anyway, but that's just me personally.

Oh, and time to lump the pro-gun, law-abiding, want them to be your neighbors group as a "hate group" I see. We all saw that coming. The government just can't have these self-reliant people with actual skills and the ability to make a neighborhood nice on their own stopping the government from growing in power.. We just can't have that.

Honk honk

The timing (Martin Luther King Day), location (same place there was a fatally violent White Power rally), and intended presence of out of state militia groups all add up to legitimate concerns for public safety. Plus, it is probable that Northam has information from law enforcement that he is acting on.

Who is to blame, when the governor's actions lead to completely predictable blood being spilt?

Giving up guns completely, and in my opinion giving up guns that actually can be considered necessary for defense against a tyrannical government, is not following the law. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and the government was intended to be by the people, for the people. You used "gun-nuts" instead of "gun-owners," of course, but if you used "gun-owners" it would have become clear that you cannot have "law abiding gun-owners" without guns.

You might be surprised at the reaction if the Virginia government tries to ban useful weapons.

I think it's people like you who need to pick a street. You go on and on about the evils of fascist authoritarianism when it suits your fancy. It's "bootlicker" this, "Nazi Germany" that...

Oh', but when a law is being enforced that you like, you're all "Obey the law, citizen!"

It's all too funny at how phony you are.
Source or gtfo.

Who is to blame, when the governor's actions lead to completely predictable blood being spilt?
The people who spill the blood, of course. Is this a rhetorical question?

If everyone follows the law, no blood will be spilled.

False equivalence all over the place AND demanding action. Classic. You do know that Richmond isn't Charlottesville, correct? Adding that it is MLK day reframes this from a civil rights issue for every color and creed in the state to a race one, which is needlessly divisive and an implied smear.
The day was not chosen accidentally.

Plus, I don't need to imply a smear. I can just state what law enforcement has already stated:

Northam is raising concerns about a reprise of the deadly violence surrounding the white supremacist march in Charlottesville in August 2017. He said state intelligence analysts have identified threats and rhetoric online that mirror the chatter they were picking up around that time.
https://www.npr.org/2020/01/15/7966...res-state-of-emergency-ahead-of-pro-gun-rally

So, if there is a "false equivalence," I'm not the one drawing it, tough guy.

Is there a rifle ban coming to Virginia?

Of course they won't publish details of these existential threats because they have yet to finish making them up!

Threatening violence? Like threatening to use the national guard against citizens who didn't vote for you?

Right to bear arms.
Right to publically assemble.

This is a game of escalation with them trying to pit to of their challengers against each other while playing the victim.
There must be serious gun violence happening at Virginia gun rights rallies, how many more gun advocates have to die!?
Virginian dems cry out in pain as they strike you.

The day was not chosen accidentally.

Plus, I don't need to imply a smear. I can just state what law enforcement has already stated:

Northam is raising concerns about a reprise of the deadly violence surrounding the white supremacist march in Charlottesville in August 2017. He said state intelligence analysts have identified threats and rhetoric online that mirror the chatter they were picking up around that time.
https://www.npr.org/2020/01/15/7966...res-state-of-emergency-ahead-of-pro-gun-rally

Yeah, it wasn't chosen accidentally. It's a holiday so a lot of people have the day off, which is useful when you have a massive group of people.

Again, this is intentionally trying to tie the issue of white nationalists to a totally separate issue in order to divide and conquer the public on something they should agree on (everyone's individual liberty). As far as what analysts are seeing online... the baseline is already pure noise so what signal are they eking out?

This is pretty scary because you just know there’s some nutter who thinks this is going to cause a Civil War and he’s gonna go there to help the cause

Sure. But what he wants to do...

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?121+sum+SB245

"Emergency services and disasters; constitutional rights. Provides that nothing in the Emergency Services and Disaster Law shall be interpreted to limit or prohibit the otherwise lawful possession, carrying, transportation, sale, or transfer of firearms."

People tire of bearing the cost for your freedom. Leave the guns away from the capitol. Goddamn savages.

Where are the calls for him to step down? Wasn't he deemed a racist in the autumn?

Back