Virgil Van Dijk, Long lost brother of Germaine de Randmire?

What's a central defender?
Center is offense. Line backers are defense, and there's no way he weighs 300 lbs.
Can't tell them apart with helmets anyways

Virgil is 6,4 and a central defender.. slightly over 200 pounds which is pretty big

p97032.png

i raise you...
4467C316-A628-478D-A6D7-4909F88BB0C2.jpeg

How many soccer players can do this:

I'd wager, zero. That's Gerald Green, he's like a shitty replacement level player on an NBA team. Not sure what the equivalent term is for a club but he's a replaceable, average to below average player basically. He's a bench player.

Yeah sorry but I'm going to have to say that the guys who are way better athletes, most of which are having car crash level impact into each other multiple times per game and every practice are playing the harder sport.

It's a pointless argument. You like soccer, you're clearly European or Asian, or something. You probably don't follow basketball or football (NFL) at all and know nothing of the sport. I've watched a significant amount of soccer and played it, the athletes aren't better than the NBA or NFL, not even fucking close.

It's a skilled sport and it's the "biggest" sport in the world, sure. I would argue that the talent pool and athletes are not comparable to NBA/NFL even MLB, despite that.

Soccer is a game of skill, there's offsides so speed isn't a massive factor. Strength and power isn't a big factor. Size and strength isn't a factor. It's barely contact, people flop everywhere. It's a skill sport. I'm not saying it's a shit sport at all, but claiming it's the toughest sport in the world is retarded when there's NFL football, MMA/Boxing, NHL even, those sports require way more toughness. If you meant toughest to excel at? Again all the top tier athletes in the US are playing basketball and football and baseball, and even NHL/Boxing/MMA, they don't play soccer.

And yes the US has the best athletes in the world by far.
Thats one of the most ignorant things i have seen regarding sports. I cannot go into depth to much, cause I dont have time to write an essay. The world contains 7 bilion people. The fact most US citizens don't play soccer is completely meaningless. They either arent good enough at soccer or/and can make more money playing US sports. Ur seeing the US as the home of international sports. Its the same as a Chinese man saying Baseball isnt much of a sport,since Chinese people play table tennis.

Yeah sorry but I'm going to have to say that the guys who are way better athletes, most of which are having car crash level impact into each other multiple times per game and every practice are playing the harder sport.

It's a pointless argument. You like soccer, you're clearly European or Asian, or something. You probably don't follow basketball or football (NFL) at all and know nothing of the sport. I've watched a significant amount of soccer and played it, the athletes aren't better than the NBA or NFL, not even fucking close.

It's a skilled sport and it's the "biggest" sport in the world, sure. I would argue that the talent pool and athletes are not comparable to NBA/NFL even MLB, despite that.

Soccer is a game of skill, there's offsides so speed isn't a massive factor. Strength and power isn't a big factor. Size and strength isn't a factor. It's barely contact, people flop everywhere. It's a skill sport. I'm not saying it's a shit sport at all, but claiming it's the toughest sport in the world is retarded when there's NFL football, MMA/Boxing, NHL even, those sports require way more toughness. If you meant toughest to excel at? Again all the top tier athletes in the US are playing basketball and football and baseball, and even NHL/Boxing/MMA, they don't play soccer.

And yes the US has the best athletes in the world by far.

I doubt you really played it, since you think the offside limit limits the speed factor. You can bypass the offside rule if you have the proper tactics and timing. Often on counter attacks, football/soccer players can dash for 80-100 meters with full speed, with or without ball. It is a game that requires a lot of skills, and arguebly is the sport that requires most overview as a playmaker, with NFl perhaps on par. NBA has less physical contact than soccer, i would say. Very different sports, hard to compare.

Max Speed
Paris Saint Germain ace Kylian Mbappe is arguably one of the fastest soccer stars on the planet. His 38kmph max speed against Monaco during the 2018/19 campaign was breath-taking.

In comparison, the quickest max speed recorded in the NFL was by Jacksonville Jaguars running back, Leonard Fournette, at 35.49kmph.

Total Distance Covered
The least comparable of any of the most important metrics is total distance. On average a Premier League player will cover between 9-11 km per game.

In the NFL, a wide receiver or corner back will run on average just over 2 km per game. However, that’s understandable when you consider that the average NFL game includes only 11 minutes of actual playing time.

source: statssports-

lol the diving is like what ? 0.1 % of a game ?

it is part of the sport to get advantage, it is not that they are really hurt ... actually football players have on average more injuries than MMA fighter.

comparing football to wwe is gold coming from an MMA fan ...
its not .1 and its an embarrassment to and otherwise great game. unwatchable

I doubt you really played it, since you think the offside limit limits the speed factor. You can bypass the offside rule if you have the proper tactics and timing. Often on counter attacks, football/soccer players can dash for 80-100 meters with full speed, with or without ball. It is a game that requires a lot of skills, and arguebly is the sport that requires most overview as a playmaker, with NFl perhaps on par. NBA has less physical contact than soccer, i would say. Very different sports, hard to compare.

Max Speed
Paris Saint Germain ace Kylian Mbappe is arguably one of the fastest soccer stars on the planet. His 38kmph max speed against Monaco during the 2018/19 campaign was breath-taking.

In comparison, the quickest max speed recorded in the NFL was by Jacksonville Jaguars running back, Leonard Fournette, at 35.49kmph.

Total Distance Covered
The least comparable of any of the most important metrics is total distance. On average a Premier League player will cover between 9-11 km per game.

In the NFL, a wide receiver or corner back will run on average just over 2 km per game. However, that’s understandable when you consider that the average NFL game includes only 11 minutes of actual playing time.

football players are faster and have much much more stamina than NFL players, it is just to compare both sports. Compare NFL to rugby, and even there, rugby players are better athletes.

its not .1 and its an embarrassment to and otherwise great game. unwatchable
it is 0.1 % of all the games, even less, a game is on average 94 minutes, those divings are not in every games at all, and it last what 30 - 40 seconds on screen time ?

Thats one of the most ignorant things i have seen regarding sports. I cannot go into depth to much, cause I dont have time to write an essay. The world contains 7 bilion people. The fact most US citizens don't play soccer is completely meaningless. They either arent good enough at soccer or/and can make more money playing US sports. Ur seeing the US as the home of international sports. Its the same as a Chinese man saying Baseball isnt much of a sport,since Chinese people play table tennis.

I'm glad you brought up table tennis because ping pong is exactly what I was going to use an example

Yes like I have agreed upon, Soccer/Futbol is the most popular sport in the world. It has the largest pool of "potential athletes". However we could go into why that doesn't necessarily mean everyone who likes or plays is part of the athlete pool. Here are the two points:

1. There are tons of poor people who like and play soccer. That's one of the main reasons why it's so popular, because it requires next to nothing to play. A ball. That's it really. But are there really tons of African and Asian soccer players funneled into the sport? I don't think so, despite the concerted effort to scout prospects by clubs. Sure there are some great players from Africa or whatever, but obviously not even close to the reflection of the amount playing in the continent.

2. My main point: Ping Pong.

If the most popular sport in the world was Ping Pong, or let's say Fortnite/Call of Duty/Halo, video games even to take it a step further. The most people in the world play that. So are they the best athletes? Obviously not.

Soccer's rule set isn't based on who the best athlete is. It's a skill sport. The limiting factor is dribbling the ball and being able to kick a ball accurately, to be simplistic here. If anything that limits taller athletes from being successful at ball handling or the term, and the nature of the game favors more "long distance runner" type builds than explosive powerful athletes. The sport isn't geared towards contact, strength is not a limiting factor and isn't that relevant. Height is not a limiting factor or that relevant. Weight is not a limiting factor or that relevant.

You don't need to be the fastest, jump the highest, be the strongest, be the most powerful, to be successful in the sport. Well you kind of have to be that to be the best in basketball or football, it's more or less a prerequisite to being elite.

Max Speed

Total Distance Covered

football players are faster and have much much more stamina than NFL players, it is just to compare both sports. Compare NFL to rugby, and even there, rugby players are better athletes.
Schooled.
'But but but dives.'
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Back