Virgil Van Dijk, Long lost brother of Germaine de Randmire?

lol that's a retired GOAT,

giphy.gif
our football is better
p4p best athlete playing this.

lol the diving is like what ? 0.1 % of a game ?

it is part of the sport to get advantage, it is not that they are really hurt ... actually football players have on average more injuries than MMA fighter.

comparing football to wwe is gold coming from an MMA fan ...
3883c645b5da08e28b8e0d444b4039ab.jpg

can u give argument other than "lol" ?

just statistically, football is the hardest sport on earth. The pool of talent is the biggest in any sport, young players leave their family super young, and are under huge pressure, that most professional MMA fighters don't even know about.

Anyone responding "lol" :
1 - has never plaid real football
2 - dosent know the sport at all

just statistically, football is the hardest sport on earth. The pool of talent is the biggest in any sport, young players leave their family super young, and are under huge pressure, that most professional MMA fighters don't even know about.

Yeah sorry but I'm going to have to say that the guys who are way better athletes, most of which are having car crash level impact into each other multiple times per game and every practice are playing the harder sport.

It's a pointless argument. You like soccer, you're clearly European or Asian, or something. You probably don't follow basketball or football (NFL) at all and know nothing of the sport. I've watched a significant amount of soccer and played it, the athletes aren't better than the NBA or NFL, not even fucking close.

It's a skilled sport and it's the "biggest" sport in the world, sure. I would argue that the talent pool and athletes are not comparable to NBA/NFL even MLB, despite that.

Soccer is a game of skill, there's offsides so speed isn't a massive factor. Strength and power isn't a big factor. Size and strength isn't a factor. It's barely contact, people flop everywhere. It's a skill sport. I'm not saying it's a shit sport at all, but claiming it's the toughest sport in the world is retarded when there's NFL football, MMA/Boxing, NHL even, those sports require way more toughness. If you meant toughest to excel at? Again all the top tier athletes in the US are playing basketball and football and baseball, and even NHL/Boxing/MMA, they don't play soccer.

And yes the US has the best athletes in the world by far.

Yeah sorry but I'm going to have to say that the guys who are way better athletes, most of which are having car crash level impact into each other multiple times per game and every practice are playing the harder sport.

It's a pointless argument. You like soccer, you're clearly European or Asian, or something. You probably don't follow basketball or football (NFL) at all and know nothing of the sport. I've watched a significant amount of soccer and played it, the athletes aren't better than the NBA or NFL, not even fucking close.

It's a skilled sport and it's the "biggest" sport in the world, sure. I would argue that the talent pool and athletes are not comparable to NBA/NFL even MLB, despite that.

Soccer is a game of skill, there's offsides so speed isn't a massive factor. Strength and power isn't a big factor. Size and strength isn't a factor. It's barely contact, people flop everywhere. It's a skill sport. I'm not saying it's a shit sport at all, but claiming it's the toughest sport in the world is retarded when there's NFL football, MMA/Boxing, NHL even, those sports require way more toughness. If you meant toughest to excel at? Again all the top tier athletes in the US are playing basketball and football and baseball, and even NHL/Boxing/MMA, they don't play soccer.

And yes the US has the best athletes in the world by far.
I stopped reading after that

" I would argue that the talent pool and athletes are not comparable to NBA/NFL even MLB, despite that. "

Sorry mate, but u are clearly uneducated on the subject, to think that football has the same talent pool as NFL is at this point trolling.

( US has the best chemist in the world, athlete I dont think so )

I would say rather the one in my attached picture...
1:45,sorry, can't find timestamp in mobile.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2020-06-30-19-20-37.png
    SmartSelectImage_2020-06-30-19-20-37.png
    230.1 KB · Views: 0
hes like 6'5 I think and he's a central defender
What's a central defender?
Center is offense. Line backers are defense, and there's no way he weighs 300 lbs.
Can't tell them apart with helmets anyways

What stats are you referring to?

I stopped reading after that

" I would argue that the talent pool and athletes are not comparable to NBA/NFL even MLB, despite that. "

Sorry mate, but u are clearly uneducated on the subject, to think that football has the same talent pool as NFL is at this point trolling.

( US has the best chemist in the world, athlete I dont think so )

yeah as I already knew you would just argue from a place of emotion. You like soccer, that's fine. That doesn't mean soccer has the best athletes. I was going to write this so I'll include it now:

Lionel Messi is one of the best soccer players in the world and he's 5'6. Doesn't mean he's not a good athlete, but he only excels due to the ruleset of soccer and it being a game of skill. He would get fucking murdered in the NFL or NBA, he would have zero chance to play those sports at a pro level. Where as tons of NFL/NBA guys if they trained soccer and focused on it would easily be playing in the EPL or whatever pro leagues there are.

Yes the point is soccer doesn't limit for strength, size, toughness, or really elite athleticism per se. So while I'm not saying the sport has shit athletes, because obviously it has good-great athletes and is the most popular in the "world" therefore has a huge pool of participants...

It still doesn't limit them. Ronaldo and Messi - two of the best and most popular names in the sport, would get fucking raped in the NFL/NBA or MMA/Boxing probably. That's hypothetically assuming you could implant the skills of other sports into them at a top tier level roughly. Maybe they could survive and be decent in MMA/Boxing simply due to the weight classes and talent pools not being amazing level.

But athletes from the NFL/NBA are literally the cream of the crop. Creme de la creme. LeBron James is a way better athlete than Messi or Ronaldo or Inesta. Jalen Ramsey, Donovan Mitchell, Saquon Barkley, Stephon Gilmore, Tyreek Hill, Rob Gronkowski, Christian McAffery, even lower tier players in their own sports like Dennis Smith Jr or Justice Winslow, or a Jaylen Brown.

^ All of these guys are fucking stud athletes who if you trained in MMA/Boxing, or sci-fi implanted the skills of a say, Sterling/Sandhagen/Mendes/Rivera level fighter into (roughly), they would be UFC champions without a doubt. They would be top tier soccer players very likely, some might be too big idk, but most would excel in that sport. The athleticism translates and carries over. Their size also is not a limiting factor in non-weight restrictive sports.

Back