Crime "violent extremism"

deadon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How does he claim not to know about this? He is in charge correct?
Sen. Ted Cruz blasts FBI's Chris Wray over patriotic symbols FBI says are indicative of "violent extremism": "What are y'all doing?"

If one truly wants to succeed in an insurgency one mustn't stand out from the normal populace of a given region. They must be able to blend into the civilian populace for passive camouflage and reduce the amount of force one's government can bring to bear upon its own civilian populace and infrastructure trying to root the insurgency out.

Last edited:
That's funny coming from Ted Cruz who isn't a patriot. Maybe he was cranky cause he didn't have his boogers for lunch that day.
apple-orchard-with-ripe-red-apples-hanging-on-trees-picture-id1143611844

Anyway, on the topic, if that's how they want to define things, then things like BLM iconography should be lumped right in there with them since they're tied to plenty of violent protests. Shouldn't happen though.

Sen. Ted Cruz blasts FBI's Chris Wray over patriotic symbols FBI says are indicative of "violent extremism": "What are y'all doing?"

Keeping an eye on, I can kind of understand. Not all Republican voters are flying flags etc. It tends to be the more extreguys and sure, I can agree that at least some of them are probably gun toting and slightly racist or perhaps more.

But the problem is where this leads. Because if we know anything about overbearing politics, its quickly goes beyond visuals and into other things which could, COULD, simply become voting choices.

The Republican voters would actually do well to get rid of that flag altogether. Its too visual, there's too many things that can potentially be manipulated if an overbearing government chose to do so.

Keeping an eye on, I can kind of understand. Not all Republican voters are flying flags etc. It tends to be the more extreguys and sure, I can agree that at least some of them are probably gun toting and slightly racist or perhaps more.

But the problem is where this leads. Because if we know anything about overbearing politics, its quickly goes beyond visuals and into other things which could, COULD, simply become voting choices.

The Republican voters would actually do well to get rid of that flag altogether. Its too visual, there's too many things that can potentially be manipulated if an overbearing government chose to do so.
Yeah just cave because of a flag. Cmon guy.

Why isn't BLM or antifa mentioned by the FBI? Riots, arson and looting don't count?

As a southerner and also a veteran, I do find the love for the Confederate flag to be rooted in ignorance. It's a symbol of a bunch of terrorists to the United States that tried to not be the United States over the issue of owning other human beings as property. I don't think it represents any patriotic American values.

As a southerner and also a veteran, I do find the love for the Confederate flag to be rooted in ignorance. It's a symbol of a bunch of terrorists to the United States that tried to not be the United States over the issue of owning other human beings as property. I don't think it represents any patriotic American values.
And the rest on the list?

Yeah just cave because of a flag. Cmon guy.

Why isn't BLM or antifa mentioned by the FBI? Riots, arson and looting don't count?
Looks to me like you're derailing your own thread now. This isn't a blm thread. Ted Cruz fake patriotism doesn't move me here. If rightwing violent extremist groups use certain symbols to identify themselves then the fbi should take note.

Looks to me like you're derailing your own thread now. This isn't a blm thread. Ted Cruz fake patriotism doesn't move me here. If rightwing violent extremist groups use certain symbols to identify themselves then the fbi should take note.
You think? I guess you didn't watch the full video. Yes, both were brought up.

And the rest on the list?

I'm not sure what the Betsy Ross association could be, but I would guess it's that right wing extremists often hijack the parts of American history that make them feel badass and free while they ignore the parts of American history that make them feel like a person in a real society with rules. I don't know, but Betsy Ross herself isn't indicative of extremism, unless it's some militant dude wearing it as a symbol.

Punisher is just a bunch of fucking nerds and sociopaths. It's either some dude that wants to show how manly they are and they think it looks hardcore, or it's a nerd who likes cartoons and superhero stuff.

It's definitely a weird grey area because symbols are important to group ideology. They often latch onto something, but people are supposed to be free to their ideas in this country. But then again if it was a bunch of Taliban looking dudes running around doing that shit instead of white Christian Americans with ARs, I wonder how everyone would feel.

I'm not sure what the Betsy Ross association could be, but I would guess it's that right wing extremists often hijack the parts of American history that make them feel badass and free while they ignore the parts of American history that make them feel like a person in a real society with rules. I don't know, but Betsy Ross herself isn't indicative of extremism, unless it's some militant dude wearing it as a symbol.

Punisher is just a bunch of fucking nerds and sociopaths. It's either some dude that wants to show how manly they are and they think it looks hardcore, or it's a nerd who likes cartoons and superhero stuff.

It's definitely a weird grey area because symbols are important to group ideology. They often latch onto something, but people are supposed to be free to their ideas in this country. But then again if it was a bunch of Taliban looking dudes running around doing that shit instead of white Christian Americans with ARs, I wonder how everyone would feel.
You forgot to address the part of the video that talks about BLM and Antifa. How should we identify them?

Look, it's pretty obvious that anyone can fly these flags and not be some extremists. I see sooo many in CA snd in NV it's pretty awesome. We going to go know on their doors now?

Biden was sworn in under that flag and so was Obama.

Wasn't Frank Castle, "The Punisher" in the FBI?

Is the punisher symbol really that controversial?

You forgot to address the part of the video that talks about BLM and Antifa. How should we identify them?

Look, it's pretty obvious that anyone can fly these flags and not be some extremists. I see sooo many in CA snd in NV it's pretty awesome. We going to go know on their doors now?

Biden was sworn in under that flag and so was Obama.

I think BLM and ANTIFA, along with any hardcore protest organization is going to have a certain percentage of radicals. But you can definitely make judgements on people based on the things they choose to advertise.

I wouldn't look at a guy rocking the Confederate flag and think he's a terrorist, and neither would I for a BLM shirt. ANTIFA seems a little different, but I'm not even sure that's an actual organization with leadership or just a bunch of anarchists running around being a menace to society.

Back