Violent Diarrhea effects on nutrition?

UdeGarami

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I guess I have some lactose intolerance, as if I intake more than a cup of milk with my shakes/cereal I get hostile diarrhea. I try to stay to fat free milk, and that seems to help, anyways how much effect does this have on my supplement retention? If I take my vitamins and protein shake, and end up with diarrhea an hour later should I refuel? And yes this is a serious question :).

I hear you man, I am the same, severely lactose intolerant. I have tried many of the soy offerings, you should look into it. Not gonna say which one is better, try some out, but you should get them from a whole foods store, better selection there. even with the fat-free milk, if it's milk, it's the shits, no two ways about it.

How about you don't intake any lactose? Problem solved.

How about you don't intake any lactose? Problem solved.

Good point, I try to intake a very small amount instead of taking my shakes with water :(. But I would still like to know the answer as if I get diarrhea from some wings while watching a show etc, how does that impact a person's nutrition for the day.

Put heavy cream instead of milk in your shakes. And eat cheese - it's milk without the lactose.

I had a saying when I was in the military "common sense isn't really all that common"

I would suggest water over soy milk.

And if all these foods are giving you the shits, you probably have a problem. Unless you had the greasiest wings ever, you should not get the shits from wings.

I had a saying when I was in the military "common sense isn't really all that common"

Common sense and military intelligence go hand in hand IMO, I used to say the same thing actually. Word for word.

lol

TS: try water (my preference), rice milk or almond milk. Stay away from the soy milk.
Maybe even try one of those mixed with your regular milk. Like if you use 2 cups for a shake, use half regular milk and half one of the above. I've done that before too.

Whats wrong with some water and coconut milk

I wouldn't think anything's wrong with that, sounds tasty actually. I was just naming some that I've tried. Just use water now though, since I make a couple shakes then throw them in my bag for the 1 1/2 or so till I get to work. Don't have to worry about water spoiling too quick:)

I wouldn't think anything's wrong with that, sounds tasty actually. I was just naming some that I've tried. Just use water now though, since I make a couple shakes then throw them in my bag for the 1 1/2 or so till I get to work. Don't have to worry about water spoiling too quick:)

Sorry ronin, wasn't aimed at your but the whole thread as a whole for not saying so earlier

Good point, I try to intake a very small amount instead of taking my shakes with water :(. But I would still like to know the answer as if I get diarrhea from some wings while watching a show etc, how does that impact a person's nutrition for the day.

Bump?

And yes I wasn't taking tons of milk and asking for a way to solve the problem. Having acidic like pain for hours when I first started on milk+supplements taught me my threshold pretty quick. Further though what I'm asking is in general whats the effect on nutritional intake?

How is this? I'm lactose intolerant and I drink a cup of the stuff everyday - No problems.

The results is different for each person, some can eat lots of ice cream and have no problems, some can take a bowl of milk and some very little. I've heard that mcdonalds ice cream can really be a killer.

The results is different for each person, some can eat lots of ice cream and have no problems, some can take a bowl of milk and some very little. I've heard that mcdonalds ice cream can really be a killer.

That's because ice cream has sugar in it - probably lactose. Heavy cream barely has any.

Back