Crime Violence, Race, Criminal Justice

But now that stick togetherness is a burden and as Charles Barkley has said, it sets up a system where blacks pull each other down
100%!!!

Until Blacks became equal under the law (first slavery, then segregation, then redlining, etc.) nothing else mattered so political power was the way forward.

IMHO, Black people would have closed much of the gap if they would pivoted to “education and career” training over the 50 years following the Civil Rights Movement.

100%!!!

Until Blacks became equal under the law (first slavery, then segregation, then redlining, etc.) nothing else mattered so political power was the way forward.

IMHO, Black people would have closed much of the gap if they would pivoted to “education and career” training over the 50 years following the Civil Rights Movement.
They actually lost wealth as a % since the civil rights ended. Think they caught caught in the trap of welfare being seen as true aide and sticking together, and before they could react, they were stuck.
I’ve seen many blacks be harassed and belittled by other blacks for not wanting to act like a badger and to enjoy learning. It’s really crazy stuff and most people ignore it or excuse it.

I feel like there has been a lot of babies thrown out with the bath water. Yes there are aspects of what we got rid of that were burdensome to society but many positives were thrown out as well
That said, yes this CRT nonsense basically allows blacks to not be introspective and not learn about what they are doing. It’s very clear that sticking together and expecting all members to “act black” is damaging. But instead we get oh racism is why and the echos of racism. It’s dishonest and it helps exactly no one that isn’t a grifter
Yeah agreed, and trying to get people to understand that pointing out counterproductive culture shouldn't be considered racist is difficult. Theres certainly parts of everyones culture that can be garbage, but the one ensnaring inner city youth today is the most damaging yet its never even talked about.

Shelby Steele thinks Black people have found “power” in being a victim which robs them of any hope of succeeding in life.

Shelby Steele argues 'racial victimization' pushed by Democrats has stripped black people of power

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...rats-has-stripped-black-people-of-their-power
Out of likes. It makes sense, and I think that article has a solid point. These recent protests have been finding a victim that fits a narrative so they can show that they are being oppressed. Anyone opposing this view is a racist.

Yeah agreed, and trying to get people to understand that pointing out counterproductive culture shouldn't be considered racist is difficult. Theres certainly parts of everyones culture that can be garbage, but the one ensnaring inner city youth today is the most damaging yet its never even talked about.
I agree. There are aspects of any culture that are bad or unnecessary. Butt to say it about blacks and anything that is harming their own community, it is racist and shuts down all debate.

Out of likes. It makes sense, and I think that article has a solid point. These recent protests have been finding a victim that fits a narrative so they can show that they are being oppressed. Anyone opposing this view is a racist.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall where the powers that he decide which victims to pursue and which ones they won’t. My guess is that Andre hill, who was totally murdered by a Columbus cop, was too light skinned to fit in and his case is all but forgotten.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall where the powers that he decide which victims to pursue and which ones they won’t. My guess is that Andre hill, who was totally murdered by a Columbus cop, was too light skinned to fit in and his case is all but forgotten.
Honestly I don’t know and you could be right. But at this stage anything that closely resembles their narrative they’ll take and run with it. We’re at the point where a black guy whistling at a girl sparked riots, just on the flip side

Anyone opposing this view is a racist.
I’m really trying to understand what the BLM activists want from society so I tried to get educated …

Ibram X Kendi was interviewed by VOX and he said a capital gains tax cut would be racist since it benefits stockholders and the majority are White.

Robin DiAngelo tells everyone White people are racist, there’s nothing they can do about it, and even denying they are racist only proves they are a racist.

If anyone can make sense of this nonsense … they are a better person than me.

How To Be An Anti-Intellectual
by Coleman Hughes

https://www.city-journal.org/how-to-be-an-antiracist?wallit_nosession=1

The Dehumanizing Condescension of White Fragilty
by John McWhorter

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/dehumanizing-condescension-white-fragility/614146/

I’m really trying to understand what the BLM activists want from society so I tried to get educated …

Ibram X Kendi was interviewed by VOX and he said a capital gains tax cut would be racist since it benefits stockholders and the majority are White.

Robin DiAngelo tells everyone White people are racist, there’s nothing they can do about it, and even denying they are racist only proves they are a racist.

If anyone can make sense of this nonsense … they are a better person than me.

How To Be An Anti-Intellectual
by Coleman Hughes

https://www.city-journal.org/how-to-be-an-antiracist?wallit_nosession=1

The Dehumanizing Condescension of White Fragilty
by John McWhorter

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/dehumanizing-condescension-white-fragility/614146/
There isn’t a coherent platform. Good on you for trying to understand all the nonsense but it’s just a mess and it gets into you being a racist for not being a racist

Most of these police killings escalated because the guy resisted arrest.

I advise everyone to watch this instruction video

Most of these police killings escalated because the guy resisted arrest
If you take all the police shootings of Black people in a given year and remove all the armed suspects, then remove all the suspects who are resisting arrest on camera … you end up with a handful of police shootings of Black people.

While I admit the right number would be ZERO … that’s impossible in a country with more than 330 million people and all these “peaceful” protests don’t do a thing to solve any real issues facing the community (fathers in the home, academic skills deficit, unemployment).

The most liberal “redistribute the wealth” mayor in the country knows police prevent crime … will the activists ever realize this or just continue to engage in crime like burning down buildings and looting the local Target for Justice!

NYC’s Violent Crime Rate Is Up; So Is The City’s Police Budget

But now with shootings in March 2021 up 77% from last year and an influx of more than $4 billion in federal stimulus funds available for mental health, at-risk youth and other social services programs, the notion of taking police officers off the streets has become less politically palatable for the mayor — and the dozen or so candidates vying to replace him next year.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-06/new-york-city-s-police-budget-is-increasing-again

This guy didn’t fight or run, or do anything that was even suspected of needing deadly force.
I know a few police officers … I wonder what they would think of the Andre Hill shooting.

I have no idea what I would do if I was scared and / or full of adrenaline, had a gun in my hand, and a guy walked out of a garage holding something.

It does appear at times the police shoot a bit too quickly like this one …

No Charges For LAPD Officers

Beck faulted the officers for jumping to the conclusion that Dorner was in the truck. Beck said the officers compounded their mistake by shooting in one another’s directions with an unrestrained barrage of gunfire.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow...very-women-dorner-manhunt-20160127-story.html

If you take all the police shootings of Black people in a given year and remove all the armed suspects, then remove all the suspects who are resisting arrest on camera … you end up with a handful of police shootings of Black people.

While I admit the right number would be ZERO … that’s impossible in a country with more than 330 million people and all these “peaceful” protests don’t do a thing to solve any real issues facing the community (fathers in the home, academic skills deficit, unemployment).

Now with that in mind, Consider that there are over 60 million police encounters per year.

The fact is, the number of people killed by police per year, including criminals in the act of committing a crime, is astoundingly low.

I know a few police officers … I wonder what they would think of the Andre Hill shooting.

I have no idea what I would do if I was scared and / or full of adrenaline, had a gun in my hand, and a guy walked out of a garage holding something.

It does appear at times the police shoot a bit too quickly like this one …

No Charges For LAPD Officers

Beck faulted the officers for jumping to the conclusion that Dorner was in the truck. Beck said the officers compounded their mistake by shooting in one another’s directions with an unrestrained barrage of gunfire.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow...very-women-dorner-manhunt-20160127-story.html

I have the advantage that I know how I would react, which is why I am a bit more judgmental or understanding in these situations

Back