Violence in Chicago

Sure OP, Legalizing guns would solve Chicago.
How about addressing the obvious cultural problem? Maybe actually locking people up for committing crimes and not dropping charges? These are frequent tactics in inner cities deployed by officials to lower the statistical crime rate and pander to the community for votes.

How about the community reporting violent crimes and helping police solve murders? Instead of what occurs now... Hard to believe a block party shooting and no one can identify the shooter.

I didn't recommend more guns, just highlighted the tough gun laws "in place" that was suppose to curb crime, but it clearly hasn't.

How about addressing the obvious cultural problem? Maybe actually locking people up for committing crimes and not dropping charges? These are frequent tactics in inner cities deployed by officials to lower the statistical crime rate and pander to the community for votes.

How about the community reporting violent crimes and helping police solve murders? Instead of what occurs now... Hard to believe a block party shooting and no one can identify the shooter.

I didn't recommend more guns, just highlighted the tough gun laws "in place" that was suppose to curb crime, but it clearly hasn't.

Are you sure Chicago is dropping charges? I thought it was the opposite, they are locking people up for whatever they can so they show they are tough on crime thus they will get more votes.

I live in such neighborhood where there has been shootings before....Guess what....I never seen a shooting with my own eyes(maybe once when I was a kid and the guy missed all his shots), believe it or not, you don't get a good look at all. Does that mean nobody saw, Im sure some people have seen it but are probably afraid to report or have ZERO useful info. Again how is this the problem of Democrats, if people don't want to report? It's not.

How about the community reporting violent crimes and helping police solve murders?
3178246.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I saw that at one point some lawmakers in Illinois were trying to increase the penalty for possessing an illegal handgun to at least keep some of these violent criminals off the streets. But that was blocked by black politicians from Chicago. I guess that would be more "criminal control" than "gun control".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I saw that at one point some lawmakers in Illinois were trying to increase the penalty for possessing an illegal handgun to at least keep some of these violent criminals off the streets. But that was blocked by black politicians from Chicago. I guess that would be more "criminal control" than "gun control".

see post above you.

Leftists will continue to bitch about the "prison-industrial complex" which is "racist" and "destroys innocent black lives" instead of getting tough and jailing more superpredators (drug dealers, gang members, etc.) that keep black neighborhoods in the sad shape they're in.

Chicago sounds like it sucks

Yeah Chicago isn't quite the dog whistle it was a year ago.

Taleeb Starkes, author of Black Lies Matter, needs to be paid attention to.

41I-ObNessL.jpg

Well if they build a Starbucks and a real grocery store, everyone complains about gentrification. So fuck it.

Race hustlers and Liberal Democrats love this.

It's their bread and butter. A city with a low crime rate, a low teen pregnancy rate, and a low unemployment rate is their worst nightmare, because they'd be out of a "job".

I never really understood how complaining, demanding, and getting large groups of people (that are too stupid to even feed their own children) to "protest" could be considered a legit job, but people make money doing it.

Race hustlers and Liberal Democrats love this.

It's their bread and butter. A city with a low crime rate, a low teen pregnancy rate, and a low unemployment rate is their worst nightmare, because they'd be out of a "job".

I never really understood how complaining, demanding, and getting large groups of people (that are too stupid to even feed their own children) to "protest" could be considered a legit job, but people make money doing it.
Exactly this... If inner-cities of Chicago and the like actually got their acts together, we wouldn't have a community organizer like Obama bragging about how much of a difference (or lack thereof IMO) they made.

As a chicago resident, my 2 cents are that this situation is a product of:

1. Chicago being incomptent and corrupt as fuck, leading to hundreds of millions being wasted and stolen over the years

2. Having thousands and thousands of Poor people that existed pre 2007 and then never enjoyed any level of recovery in fact the opposite

3. Pension crisis and other economic woes

4. Long history of gang violence in chicago

Chi needs to file BK (not sure if they can do so legally) and renegotiate debts and obligations, clean out corruption, joint venture with private sector to make cash, and invest in its community.

Self-fulfilling prophecy. That's you- that's how your mind works.

No, that's reality. I guarantee this guy has been called those names before in the media, in his personal life, and if he were better known on Sherdog, here too.

I made a thread about Larry Elder once and the first response was Gervinho calling him an Uncle Tom. Open your eyes, it's an extremely common tactic; I'm not tilting at windmills here.

Back