Vinyl Records, do you still buy them?

CubicleGangster

Extendos Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Found and purchased an original print of Neurosis - Souls at Zero today at a local record store. Records have been a big thing for me since HS. The nerd in me loves to collect them and try to find rare ones. The music fan in me loves the way they sound.

Getting a new record, taking it home and then listening to it for some reason is just a better experience then listening to mp3/cds, for me. It pulls me in and I get more absorbed into the music. The noise the record makes before the music starts evokes this strong feeling of excitement. I primarily listen to punk/metal records but still like to branch out into other genres.

So whatta bout you Sherdog? Anyone else still buying/listening to records? Or is it all MP3s now?

I use to buy vinyl all the time when I DJ'd, but now I might by the occasional record from discount bin if I find something appealing.

I have an extensive collection, but I mostly pick up used on the cheap.

I like vinyl because it's more of an event than a cd/mp3.

i do. in fact i have several neurosis LPs on vinyl -hell i even have them on Vinyl on those first lookout comps.

I use to buy vinyl all the time when I DJ'd, but now I might by the occasional record from discount bin if I find something appealing.

you own any rare records? or anything unique/cool?

I came across an extremely rare Mayhem record. Was gonna buy it till the person who was selling said he wanted $700 for it. lol

Yes. Usually when they are a part of a pre-order package. I want the Agalloch and Opeth wooden Boxes.

you own any rare records? or anything unique/cool?

I came across an extremely rare Mayhem record. Was gonna buy it till the person who was selling said he wanted $700 for it. lol

Nothing worth bragging about. I do have some old Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Doors and Beatles records, but they're not valuable. At least I think they aren't.

I've been buying some rap albums on vinyl too. One of the last records I bought was E-40 My Ghetto Report Card.

I have an extensive collection, but I mostly pick up used on the cheap.

I like vinyl because it's more of an event than a cd/mp3.

EXACTLY. Something about it makes it a bigger deal. I rarely ever stop the record from playing. Always listen to the whole thing.

no im not a hipster

Being a hipster has nothing to do with it. Try to be less ignorant.

i do. in fact i have several neurosis LPs on vinyl -hell i even have them on Vinyl on those first lookout comps.

nice! I only got two from Neurosis(their 2nd and 3rd releases) . Wish I had more.

I grew up listening to my dad's records. The doors, cream, jimi hendrix, creedence, etc.
I have always wanted to get some records but one of those things I never got around to.

Nothing worth bragging about. I do have some old Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Doors and Beatles records, but they're not valuable. At least I think they aren't.

I've been buying some rap albums on vinyl too. One of the last records I bought was E-40 My Ghetto Report Card.

You should check just for the hell of it. You never know if you are sitting on something gold lol

I grew up listening to my dad's records. The doors, cream, jimi hendrix, creedence, etc.
I have always wanted to get some records but one of those things I never got around to.

It can be kind of an expensive habit unfortunately. Just today I spent $100 on some records. Definitely worth an attempt if you are big music fan.

Coolest thing I have is Beatles and Otis Redding albums in Quadrophonic releases and own all 3 decoders to listen to them and the other 60s Quadro I own.. (Was given to me when my audiophile in law died 12 years ago because he knew how much i loved and collected records)

The Beatles record is an Apple sampler of 12 tracks produced specifically for Quadrophonic
Otis record is "Live at the whiskey a gogo"

I also have a bunch of first pressing punk albums and the Born Against flexidesk on Veriform

You should check just for the hell of it. You never know if you are sitting on something gold lol

I thought about it, but the condition of the records is rather poor. Plus, my mom bought most of them in the 80's and passed em down to me when I bought my turntables.

Any of you guys mix?

Every once in a while I'll buy a picture disc or something rare in good condition as a collectible. But never to listen to.

I thought about it, but the condition of the records is rather poor. Plus, my mom bought most of them in the 80's and passed em down to me when I bought my turntables.

Any of you guys mix?

Aw that is unfortunate, and nope never tried mixing.

Every once in a while I'll buy a picture disc or something rare in good condition as a collectible. But never to listen to.

The nerd in me understands completely. The music fan in me doesn't haha

Aw that is unfortunate, and nope never tried mixing.

I don't think it's unfortunate at all. I love old vinyl.

DJing is a lot of fun, I really enjoyed manipulating other people's music to make my own sound.

Found a shop here in my neck of the woods called Vinyl Daze. This store is awesome! I got my dad a vinyl record player and picked up Van Halen- 5150, Billy Idol- Rebel Yell, Cheap Trick- Dream Police, Pat Benatar, Huey Lewis and the News.

Fantastic store.

I don't think it's unfortunate at all. I love old vinyl.

DJing is a lot of fun, I really enjoyed manipulating other people's music to make my own sound.

haha i bet, always looked like fun but I've never bothered to get the equipment to do it. Knowing me I'd do something terrible like mix disco with grindcore just for laughs and to annoy those who are listening. I got a stupid sense of humor like that.

Back