Vintage Musician photos

My favourite out of the entire lot of all the pictures posted!!Out of all the musicians,bands i've met and or listened to,SRV is my personal "god"!It maybe because of how absolutely gracious and humble he was plus the fact he was just SO fucking talented!I miss the man more than i miss family members i've lost ffs! Is that a personal picture or a find? Gibbons looking cool as well! Plus i was only 14 when i met him.
a find. yea, I was positively gutted when I heard of SRV's death. In Eric Clapton's autobiography, he mentions that he was performing at a show with SRV and afterwards, when they left, SRV left via helicopter, but Clapton said the weather was atrocious and opted to go by car. Quite a decision. He did describe SRV as a really nice guy with heaps of talent, not a compliment Clapton usually offered about anyone.

I heart this picture
giphy.gif

a find. yea, I was positively gutted when I heard of SRV's death. In Eric Clapton's autobiography, he mentions that he was performing at a show with SRV and afterwards, when they left, SRV left via helicopter, but Clapton said the weather was atrocious and opted to go by car. Quite a decision. He did describe SRV as a really nice guy with heaps of talent, not a compliment Clapton usually offered about anyone.
I know chara could you imagine if Clapton had jumped aboard as well?A split second decision saved his life!As bad as it was we got extremely lucky that we only lost one guitar icon that day...cheers.P.S. Brilliant picture!Thanks for the share!

I think early 90s is getting old enough

Cornell, Staley and Vedder together

hqdefault.jpg

Anthony Keidis and Vedder

7f938ed1b4a92269b857bddd7fad3103.jpg

I think early 90s is getting old enough

Cornell, Staley and Vedder together

hqdefault.jpg

Anthony Keidis and Vedder

7f938ed1b4a92269b857bddd7fad3103.jpg
Both brilliant pics my man but the Layne Staley shot has a deep meaning basically growing up with AIC & Soundgarden then upon hearing his death it was like losing a mate.He was part of my life for years really.Plus i've never seen either picture,are they from you or a find pal?

Both brilliant pics my man but the Layne Staley shot has a deep meaning basically growing up with AIC & Soundgarden then upon hearing his death it was like losing a mate.He was part of my life for years really.Plus i've never seen either picture,are they from you or a find pal?
I just found these online

They look like fan photos..sometimes those are the best & most intimate imo.Cheers.
They probably are. I mean, there are better photos from the 60's in here. Those had to have been take with a shitty camera, not a professional.

They probably are. I mean, there are better photos from the 60's in here. Those had to have been take with a shitty camera, not a professional.
Yeah i'm kind of just stating the obvious eh pal?Lol..cheers!Still class pics none the less. Oh and as much as i love your other av,that new one is really fucking cool!:cool:

Yeah i'm kind of just stating the obvious eh pal?Lol..cheers!Still class pics none the less. Oh and as much as i love your other av,that new one is really fucking cool!:cool:
lol, gotcha.

Here's another.. Grace Slick and Janis.

Grace was such a hottie in the 60s and 70s

d42923e1c57b8c3e0ddfa60f3adeb798.jpg

lol, gotcha.

Here's another.. Grace Slick and Janis.

Grace was such a hottie in the 60s and 70s

d42923e1c57b8c3e0ddfa60f3adeb798.jpg
No doubt she certainly was lovely!It's amazing how many of these pictures are new to me,i love it.You wouldn't think there are that many unseen from the 60's & 70's but there are..at least for me.

I know this isn't a vintage photo... In fact I just took it today because I found out I was staying just a couple blocks from here.

The apartment that Jimi Hendrix died in.. 22 Landsdowne Crescent

17158932_10158433638685217_2081701579708025484_o.jpg

I know this isn't a vintage photo... In fact I just took it today because I found out I was staying just a couple blocks from here.

Would make for a brilliant black & white photo for me "guitar room";) I mean honestly pal the vibe of the pic is cool without the Hendrix back story.When I was a wee lad I was brought round to that flat as well but didn't have the understanding at such a young age so thank you for the share TeTe!'Tis a cracker bit of music history,sad but still the shit!Hope your enjoying yourself pal,stay safe...Cheers!

which one there are several in the picture

Is there a plaque or anything?

I didn't see anything.. Although someone here swore there was one.

I guess if it is still being used as living apartments nowadays, they may not want to advertise it to people. Like the motel where Gram Parsons died, I don't think that has a plaque, either.

Back