Vinny tweets and I agree: Overeem and Werdum with a legit shot at beating Cain

if he gets something he's subbing cain no doubt about it. werdum subbed fedor the guy who stood in big nogs guard and beat the hell out of him. he's on another level of grappling than cain. werdum has a damn good chance to beat him. and i agree with vinny 100%.

I dont see how Werdum get its to the floor aside from pulling guard, he could submit him if he gets it down of course, but I really dont see him being able to do that.

Division is looking awesome right now. Velasquez, Overeem, JDS, Mir, Bigfoot, Cormier, Barnett, Nogueira, Werdum.....

this kid is such a hater. He thinks he could beat jones and how many guy couldve got the armbar . and now he belittles cain. Shut up, vinny. you dont know much.

I doubt Cain would work in Werdums guard much, just keep taking him down, brief GNP, repeat until he's poked in a few rounds.

Fabricios game is looking pretty good lately though.

Hard to see Overeem being dangerous for very long then becomes a punching bag.

Anything can happen of course.

If Cain hits Overeem once we'll see if he is up to fight and Werdum is going to get Egg Nogged. :icon_lol: Cain is going to steamroll them if he keeps his pace and only JBJ can challenge him when he moves up. JDS and Hunt are the only threats.

this kid is such a hater. He thinks he could beat jones and how many guy couldve got the armbar . and now he belittles cain. Shut up, vinny. you dont know much.

It's called opinion, you dumb fuck... I'm actually a professional fighter giving my opinion, who the fuck are you?
If I don't know much... What do you really know?

The majority of the people thought JDS was going to beat Cain AGAIN... What a bunch of haters, right?

Last edited:
vinny talks a lot, that much is for sure - i dont see anyone beating cain, but its nice to hear other people think hes got strong competitors - i agree im def up for the werdum fight, but i think cain will own him on the cage and wear him out

Vinny bought into the Overeem hype like many of us did ^^

Lol Vinny's comment is on youtube bashing level.

Damn, I can't even see Vinny's name any more
without thinking of Perosh

KO163.gif

because someone had to do it.

I might get shit for this, but I think Browne has a better chance than both of them.

lol @ half the thread banned.

Werdum has skills everywhere but I see Cain as too smart to haphazardly put Werdum on his back and wildly ground and pound him. Cain might not have a huge edge in the standup (since Werdum improved in the realm) but he definitely has better hands and good speed/timing so he could assuredly crack and hurt Werdum.

But I certainly think Cain could implement a gameplan similar to JDS III- clinch him against the cage and beat him up with short shots. Werdums good in the Thai clinch but I think Cain would just physically wear him down and sap his cardio.

Reem...well Reems got a great skillset but he's hittable and doesn't have a great chin. While Cain would definitely have to mind his ps and qs and not try to clinch reem against the cage where he could land big knees, I feel he could land some big punches and land shots in close quarters that might send Reem reeling. I'm also not convinced Reem would completely stifle the grappling and if he did, he might leave himself open to overhands as Cain feints a shot to then deliver some damage.

Just like in 2006, Alistair "2 minutes" Overeem probably has decent chance against anyone, even if theoretical.

If he doesn't manage to absolutely get control and punish Cain early, he's toast, obviously.

Back