Vinegar (or Lemon Juice) PWO for Superior Recovery & Fat Loss

the original post says take acid after exercise to replenish glycogen, and people already take carbs then anyway...

sounds to me like citrus juice is the perfect combination

the original post says take acid after exercise to replenish glycogen, and people already take carbs then anyway...

sounds to me like citrus juice is the perfect combination

Depends on your goals, because both (acetic and citric acid) do different things by different mechanisms.

Considering guys drawn to D&S:

• Train multiple times per week
  • Potentially train multiple times in less than 24h
  • Potentially eat a lower-carb diet
  • Don't particularly care about aesthetics, but DO care about performance and recovery
Supplementing with acetic acid makes a whole lot more sense than citric...for an athlete.

God, I just tried to down a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and it burned all the way down. The smell of it nauseates me too.

God, I just tried to down a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and it burned all the way down. The smell of it nauseates me too.

I just took a full shot. The smell didn't bother me, but it burned going down.

Hi, i was just wondering if they is any problem in taking vinegar capsules and creatine post workout. I could just take the creatine a little later, if it does.

Also how many capsules should i take?

thanks

Vinegar's some old-school shit. I've also heard to take a spoonful for heartburn....never tried it though.
I already take a protein/honey/cinnamon shot PWO...guess i'll add some AC vinegar in there too.

Interesting stuff, I think i might give this a go. Anything to help recovery!

I've been downing some white vinegar. I put it on cooked spinach (it's like a salad dressing). I have no idea how you guys have such problems with it, I find it tastes amazing. Put it on something instead of shooting it!

I can't believe I have been doing this since this thread was first posted. I wonder if I permanently injured my throat yet...

Put it in a glass of water, on a salad or something. Jesus, there's no reason to be "hardcore" all the freaking time. Especially you guys with the vinegar pills.

Put it in a glass of water, on a salad or something. Jesus, there's no reason to be "hardcore" all the freaking time. Especially you guys with the vinegar pills.

Yeah, taking a 'shot' of ACV is crazy IMO. It's like putting a hot iron to your skin, saying "oh shit it burns!" but doing it again and again and again. It burns not because it's good for you, but because your body is saying "STOP DOING THAT!" Same with ACV. If you're gonna take it, put it in water first.

It actually tastes really good after a workout, and I was kind of joking about burning the eso****us thing. That was disproven very early in the thread.

Do make sure it doesn't touch your teeth, though. It can and will stain them. A good rinse of water afterwards is a safe bet too.

edit: You want something that just feels like your body hates you for it? Try a vodka/cayenne mixture. Good god I had some of that once from my grandpa and I felt like my entire body immediately started to sweat every bit of water I had in me.

1 cap of AVC + squirt of lemon juice + little water + honey has been what I'm using (seem to remember some diet fad awhile back and some sore throat remedies that used "AVC lemonade" for everything which is basically the same thing, they also had a mix that added Cayenne pepper... but that was the sore throat one I think)

The straight diet versions I've seen were take 1-2 tbsp AVC before each meal

just taste, I wonder about the higher grade/aged balsamic though, I know they can age it for years and years and it gets sweeter and sweeter (I've heard people literally put it on ice cream like chocolate syrup for example, also it gets more expensive with age.. like wine). i wonder if the Acetic Acid level drops with the age too, if not an aged balsamic might be another way to save your throat lining a bit.

Do you do this 7x a week post workout or just after weight training sessions? I been doing this for a while now only after weight training days. I am not sure if it really is helping.

I've tried both acv and malt vinegar in my shakes and they both rock. It actually makes my shakes taste better. The acv is not bad in my carb drink either. I think I'll try them all and see which one I prefer. Thanx for all the info in this thread. It's a pretty cheap way to get some extra health benefits.

i put my ACV in my mixed greens drink along with some creatine. they all taste nasty so i just get them all out of the way together.

Jake Martin - ACV won't just stain your teeth, it will damage the enamel.(this is talked about somewhere in this massive thread but i haven't read it in a few months.)

our dentist recommended using a flouride mouthwash afterwards. we use ACT. i rinse my mouth out with water first then swish ACT around for about a minute.

Back