Vince McMahon loses 1/3 of his fortune in a day. What does this mean for the UFC?

I cant find any fuck to give

Really, how sad he is not a billionaire anymore

this. 1/3 of a billion is not that big of a deal when you have a billion to start with.

You don't understand the market. If investors see a big drop like that then they usually sell which isn't good for business

theres not enough depth on the ufc roster for me to even consider buying more then 1-2 pay per views per year no matter the cost. the roster is very thin and over exposed by dana. he needs to cut down on the events and get better fighters, when rhonda is your biggest name you have a problem. replacing gsp and anderson is going to take a long time.

I can name 2 ppvs I'm sure as hell going to order. Ufc 175 and Cain vs werdum. Do those two interest you at all?

WWE problem is that it cant create a character that is marketable in this day and age outside of 2-4 guys. There shows are 3 hours every Monday and 2 hours every...whenever Smackdown comes on.

Banking on 2m subs was a bad move because even though they get about 4-5m a week, how many of that is NOT kids under 18 with little to no income.

UFC problem has more to do with the overall expectations of MMA from fans and promoters a like. MMA is just not a mainstream sport, it wont be for years. Hell, the NHL went on stick for a year and few ppl outside of that niche cared. They had to change the rules to make the game more appealing to causal people(watering it down). Soccer had this problem in the late 90s in the USA.

Vince has tried a lot of things and most had him lost money, but all in 1 day has to be stressful. Dana wont make the same mistake simply because the UFC are not in a position yet to do so.

I cant find any fuck to give

Really, how sad he is not a billionaire anymore

that 1b is not just cash laying around, that money is tied up with a lot of things. University actually make a lot of cash believe it or not. However, if they lost 1/3 that fast your book prices and parking fees will go up the next day. WWE is just going to have tp charge more, how much more, i dont know.

They will rebound this is a long-term move. The subscriptions will go up and eventually they will probably even raise the price to like $15 and most will stay.

guaranteed their lowest paid wrestler on the roster makes more than 50% of UFC fighters do in a year.

guaranteed their lowest paid wrestler on the roster makes more than 50% of UFC fighters do in a year.

Trevor Murdoch, $48k

The average new UFC fighter will fight twice per year, and make $12k-$20k.... so you are correct, sir.

Cable TV will one day go the way of newspapers. It'll take a while, but it will happen. I pay for fightpass, and I'll keep doing it. I wish it had chromecast support, but it'll happen.

Why pay $100 a month for cable when I can get Hulu and Fightpass for $20? Plus, Amazon prime gets you free shipping plus movies for $100 a year. That's less than $30 a month.

And yet you get no sports and no HBO.

You don't understand the market. If investors see a big drop like that then they usually sell which isn't good for business

No. A large drop results in a marginal rebound due to opportunity buys.

PS. Big investors don't wait on market results to make their decisions.

PPS. You are a moron.

UFC's fight pass is only getting better. It won't be long before they include PPV's (at a higher cost than $10, which as the WWE has shown isn't viable)

Once they get it running on home consoles, it will be perfect. I can't wait.

Im amazed that the WWE is actually a publicly traded company.

It was the new contract with the NBC network deal being much lower than expected. Not the online wwe network that caused the plummet.

No it's not, they get paid to fight.. They don't get paid to train.
They get their hotels paid for and flights paid for.

if it was that easy, wouldn't you think they would fight more than 2-3 times a year?

if it was that easy, wouldn't you think they would fight more than 2-3 times a year?

I see your point but they are independent contractors. They sell their services; which is a fight.

The UFC nor any MMA org pays for training.

WWE athletes have about 225 appearances per year. So, yeah they get paid more on average. Also, wwe has approx 1/5 of the roster size the ufc does. More money to go around for them. Not so much anymore but contracts haven been signed.

Back