Villian Protagonist

Who was the Greatest Villian Protagonist

• Total voters
Vic Mackey

Such a great villain protagonist. Dude was a monster.
The end when the ATF had him with his immunity deal and he spilled everything. Holy shit. I sat in silence. The look on those agents faces when they realized what a monster they just cut a deal with....whew.

417026.jpg
Yep. I found myself just as happy when things were going against him as when they were going for him. I think in Season 3 Will describes Hannibal's thought process as constantly running multiple trains of thought, and one of those trains is purely for his own amusement. That's how I felt about his character; no matter what's happening around him, it's entertaining.

The end when the ATF had him with his immunity deal and he spilled everything. Holy shit. I sat in silence. The look on those agents faces when they realized what a monster they just cut a deal with....whew.
It is what makes that finale so damn good. And even as the viewer you are like "holy shit, I watched him do all that and rooted for him."

I would add Boyd to the list but he's a pretty well rounded character. Goes through a redemption arc. Has several Heel-Face turns. And the story really isn't centered on him. He's alot more nuanced than people give him credit for.

I don't think we can consider him the protagonist though.....hes a simple Antagonist
Not really, at least the way he was portrayed in Infinity War. Could definitely make the argument for protagonist.

Not really, at least the way he was portrayed in Infinity War. Could definitely make the argument for protagonist.
I was gonna bring up Infinty War for a reason to include him...but. Man the story just isn't really centered around him. Let me do some research.

Arguments can also be made for Vader to not be included, but there was 3 entire movies made as a vehicle for his character progression. And his presence is felt throughout all 9.

While Thanos presence can be felt throughout some of the MCU he is still just an Antagonist.

I was gonna bring up Infinty War for a reason to include him...but. Man the story just isn't really centered around him. Let me do some research.

Arguments can also be made for Vader to not be included, but there was 3 entire movies made as a vehicle for his character progression. And his presence is felt throughout all 9.

While Thanos presence can be felt throughout some of the MCU he is still just an Antagonist.
IW actually seems like his movie to me. Not really about the screentime, but the movie is centered around his journey to accomplish his goal.

It's a close contest between Walter White and Vic Mackey, but I have to give it to Walt.

Love how both guys are able to conjecture up master plans no matter who they're up against, but Walt's expertise of science makes him more dangerous and interesting, and thus gives him the edge. Plus I like his transformation from ordinary man to evil genius more than I like the journey that Vic's character goes through. With Vic he spends the whole show trying to redeem himself. The worst thing he ever does happens right there in the Pilot.

I would pick this guy quite comfortably, but he wasn't really a villain.

lead_720_405.jpg

daniel in the karate kid.

the krays in legend.

Back