[VIDS] Jon Jones on beating Klitschko, not being a arrogant bully and more

Jones attempt at discrediting people that think he's cocky was hilarious. First of all there's plenty of huge stars in sports that are humble.

Secondly, you don't often see people that actually accomplish something important in life be cocky about it. People that make scientific advancements etc and actually help humanity. As impressive as Jones is in the cage his work isn't important on the grand scale.

This. Jones is one of the most arrogant and cocky figures in sports today, I would argue Mayweather is probably #1 p4p in terms of cockiness and Jones is a close second. It's funny watching Jones behave like a child just cause he's the LHW champ of the UFC, and don't get me wrong, that's an incredible achievement. However, you'll never see champs like Cain or GSP behave this way. Just think if Jones won as much Olympic medals as Phelps did, how would he act then? It really shows you how insecure Jones really is.

Last edited:
This. Jones is one of the most arrogant and cocky figures in sports today, I would argue Mayweather is probably #1 p4p in terms of cockiness andJones is a close second. It's funny watching Jones behave like a child just cause he's the LHW champ of the UFC, and don't get me wrong, that's an incredible achievement. However, you'll never see champs like Cain or GSP behave this way. Just think if Jones won as much Olympic medals as Phelps did, how would he act then? It really shows you how insecure Jones really is.

LMAO! at Jones being second. You dont watch much sports than or playing stupid and being selective. Even with someone like Mayweather, there are guys that are much less accomplished and have no right to be cocky and brag but still do. So those types would be more cocky than Mayweather cause they dont have the accolades and accomplishments and still act super cocky.

Last edited:
LMAO! at Jones being second. You dont watch much sports than or people stupid and being selective. Even with someone like Mayweather, there are guys that are much less accomplished and have no right to be cocky and brag but still do. So those types would be more cocky than Mayweather cause they dont have the accolades and accomplishments and still act super cocky.

Care to name names? I'm talking about champions, not low level guys.

This. Jones is one of the most arrogant and cocky figures in sports today, I would argue Mayweather is probably #1 p4p in terms of cockiness and Jones is a close second. It's funny watching Jones behave like a child just cause he's the LHW champ of the UFC, and don't get me wrong, that's an incredible achievement. However, you'll never see champs like Cain or GSP behave this way. Just think if Jones won as much Olympic medals as Phelps did, how would he act then? It really shows you how insecure Jones really is.

Are you retarded? There are a ton of athletes more cocky than Jones. At least Jones tries to appear humble when he's on camera.

Care to name names? I'm talking about champions, not low level guys.

Why put restrictions? When those are the worse types, guys that have not accomplished shit or huge things acting like they are world beaters at their sports. Saying Jones is the second most cocky athlete in all of sports is just way off.

Lol vitali would beat him with 1 arm

Either Klitschko would KO him cold within the very 1st round. In fact, they wouldn't respect his complete lack of boxing and punching power, AT ALL, and would just maul him immediately with no feeling out process. He'd be KO'd in less than 60 seconds, by either Klitschko.

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

Our father, who art in heaven

I can't wait for EmeliankoFan to come in here and whiteknight Jones' retarded statements.

He'll calm down when he's a little older. I think it's more him convincing himself than it is trying to convince others.

I actually find this rather disturbing. He says he has a great chin? Jon, this is boxing, your chin will indeed be hit, and very f'n hard, and guess what buddy, you wont be buying time clinching, going for td and savate kicks to the knees, he would be embarrassed. To have the neck to say he thinks he would compete with boxings elite, shows a real level of misplaced confidence and total arrogance. I wish they would just stfu. He could fight an ole James Toney now in boxing, and more than likely, he'd be battered from pillar to post. His punches would have zero affect on these guys. As for the athleticism, yeah well, keep running, cause you aint running for 12 rounds buddy.

i think he just wants to get in gus mind

Jones attempt at discrediting people that think he's cocky was hilarious. First of all there's plenty of huge stars in sports that are humble.

Secondly, you don't often see people that actually accomplish something important in life be cocky about it. People that make scientific advancements etc and actually help humanity. As impressive as Jones is in the cage his work isn't important on the grand scale.

I thought so too, does he knows how he sounds. I'm not cocky and anyone who thinks I am is insecure. lol

Only 4-5 yrs ago he was a wrestler who had never thrown a punch or kick in his life and now he's out striking guys like Machida that have been training all their lives. If he's dedicated to boxing like he has been to MMA as a whole why couldn't he progress to a professional level? I don't think he believes he'd walk in the ring today and beat the champ but he's confident and he should be that he could compete at some point.

Only 4-5 yrs ago he was a wrestler who had never thrown a punch or kick in his life and now he's out striking guys like Machida that have been training all their lives. If he's dedicated to boxing like he has been to MMA as a whole why couldn't he progress to a professional level? I don't think he believes he'd walk in the ring today and beat the champ but he's confident and he should be that he could compete at some point.

This is a truly terrible assumption. I wonder if the threat of getting taken down had any effect on Machida's striking. Nah, probably not :eek:

Jones is very confident, but I don't know if he realizes how outclassed he'd be against elite Boxers especially the Klitschkos.

The last guy that said that was JDS then he was beat into a living dead by Cain

he knows it will never happen.. so he can say whatever he wants.

This...

He talks as though it's distant future, as in, probably non-existent. If by some chance JJ moves to boxing later on, the Klitschko brothers will be old and probably retired.

edit:
I also believe either brother would KO him inside of 1 round. He'd be hurt early and often by their jabs.

Back