Videogames

$uperman

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are videogames an enrichment of life or a waste of time?

Depends on the game, but I think overall it helps with your problem solving skills.

When I applied for a job driving trains they recommended that you played beat em ups or shooters to improve your reaction times...

If you enjoy them and they're not jacking up your life somehow then enriching. Fun and enjoyment for their own sake are good.

If someone enjoys them its literally not possible for playing them to be a "waste"

theres zero point to any of this shit. might as well have fun doing whatever brings you joy during your limited time

They are what you make of them. Ultimately what enriches one's life is up to the individual.

This! At this stage I would consider certain games works of art much like movies, theatre ect. Now gaming in my opinion does have the potential to be a negative influence however, we see cases of people addicted to certain games and not paying attention to other aspects of their life but that wouldn’t negate the positive influence or enrichment it brings the vast majority who partake.

As blaseblah said its what each individual makes of it. As long as it doesn’t cause harm to others (combat sports are exempt) or themselves I try not to judge others for how they spend their leisure time or what they take enjoyment from.

Video Games are great for killing time and having some fun. I've loved em since I got my 1st Sega Genesis when I was 7. I got all the Sony systems you can think of now. I definitely don't play games like I used to when I was a kid but I do enjoy games from time to time

If someone enjoys them its literally not possible for playing them to be a "waste"

theres zero point to any of this shit. might as well have fun doing whatever brings you joy during your limited time
Unless the amount of time you are spending o. Them keeps you from doing important things which a lot of people do..

Are videogames an enrichment of life or a waste of time?
tAgBSSo.jpg

People that play single player video games as a fully grown adult are very, very strange.

Kiryu Kazama has dropped more words of wisdom in a few weeks than my father has done in a lifetime.

It is just another form of entertainment imo, no better or no worse than other forms generally.

RPGs and other single player games with narratives are no different than watching a movie or reading a book, it is merely another medium. I can sort of understand the idea that repetitive multiplayer games like Call of Duty, Madden, League of Legends etc. are unproductive timewasters but that's still no different than, say, shitposting on the internet like what I am doing right now.

It's a form of relaxation.

It's a safe, mentally stimulating hobby. At least you're not out wasting money at bars getting into trouble. You're not (necessarily) drinking, getting into fights or altercations, maybe get robbed, putting yourself at risk being in public. Better to stay inside with the door locked and the curtains drawn where it's safe and you can enjoy quality game time and continue if you screw up

Before I usually think videogames are a waste of time, but in time of pandemic they are an essential need.

Back