Videogame Multimedia Thread (Docu, making of, Retrospects, Classic Trailers, History, etc..)

Fatt Hughes

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
As the name thread title suggests, dump your favorite vids, pictures, or any media you'd think fellow gamers of S'dog should like to see.

dreamcastlogo.jpg

Kicking it off with some gems in tribute, of Dreamcast (Japanese anniversary)

G4 Channel History of Dreamcast

Gamespot Sega Dreamcast Review

Bizarre Japanese Sega ad.

Classic Gaming Quarterly is underrated.

Kim Justice is my go to for this kind of shit

Wow no one posted Gaming Historian yet?? He makes excellent docs and retrospectives.

His newest vid. I haven't seen it yet.

thanks for the contributions so far, I''m going down the list and watching them when I can.

I believe tonight at mid-night is Smash Ultimate release. Below is a well put together documentary of the competitive Smash Melee community that arguably kept the Smash franchise popular since 2004.

This dude is pretty dry but his vids can get massive and they're very thoughtful and thorough

Chris Davis is a similar deal

And TehSnakerer plays a lot of odd games and rips the shit out of them in detail (Still giving them a fair shake tbf). He also has a very in-depth analysis of the Yakuza series

Last edited:
Brandon Jones sexy smooth voice and the guy from Game trailers and now head of Easy Allies. Those old GT retrospectives brought me bufflies.

Here's those older GT ones. Pretty sure they are all on YT.

There is a huge archive of them on there but I put the FF ones here for comparisons sake.

Kim Justice is my go to for this kind of shit

He seems good. Will peep his content. Thanks.

CGQ (Classic Gaming Quarterly) who I posted earlier also does old magazine read throughs and has a 2nd channel, CGQ+ reminiscing about growing up in the 80s and 90s.

His newest one as of the time of this post.

Reminisce vid

Last edited:
He seems good. Will peep his content. Thanks.

CGQ (Classic Gaming Quarterly) who I posted earlier also does old magazine read throughs and has a 2nd channel, CGQ+ reminiscing about growing up in the 80s and 90s.

Kim Justice does a lot of nostalgia pieces about the 80's and 90's too, but with a very British/European slant. For example he has a long series on various gaming TV shows British people had back in the 90's and early 00's. idk if that shit is of any interest to American people, but I know, as a Brit, I love finding out about American gaming culture as much as reminiscing on old school British gaming culture. Now we're all the same culture of course.

Growing up in Germany as a British military kid we'd hit up the American bases sometimes and dem PX's, and I'd always buy a bunch of American gaming magazines. Shit was like a different world. Maybe it'd kind of be the same for N. American people to see what it was like in the UK.

Another good one from noclip

Good thread idea. Gives people a deeper appreciation for these things.

Go check out this dude named Ahoy. He makes awesome retrospectives.

mojo_film_5.png

For those that have seen the Super Mario Bros movie back in the day, you all might remember the anti-Koopa song that Mojo Nixon's Toad character bust out before being arrested. Well turns out there's a full version of that number that didn't even make the official soundtrack.

Lyrics
Well, cars run on electricity,
Cus' fossil fuel is sacred, you see
Livin' in a kingdom of fungus,
Got a evil presence here among us

And we got no food, anywhere
The water stinks, and we got no air,
Got no resources, we're in a stupor.
Cus' of that big old, mean, evil King Koopa.

Well we got Koopas here and Koopas there,
Pictures of Koopa on our underwear
He's a greed of slime, only cares about money
But the end is comin' and that ain't funny.

Ain't got no food, anywhere
The water stinks, so does the air,
Cus' of that big old, mean, evil King Koopa.

YEA! Yeah
(mumbles) Oh yeah!
Well he's killing our planet, suckin' it dry,
He's a vampire bat with an evil eye.
(mumbles in rhyme)
Kill King Bowser!
Kill King Bowser on May twenty-eighth
Got the Goomba Gods in a Police State.
Reptiles need a brand new saviour,
Maybe you plumbers could do us a favour.

Cos we got no food, anywhere
The water stinks, and we got no air,
Cos that big, old mean, evil King Koopa

Cos that big...
Cos that big evil egg-sucking,
Scaly-bodied King Koopa!
You know what I say?
I say let's castrate the Koopa so he can't reproduce-a!
(groans)

Computer Chronicles has some fascinating episodes about early gaming, this one from feb 28 1984 has Trip Hawkins, founder of EA with the programmer of pinball construction set showing it to hosts

Back