VIDEO: Woodley hilariously speaking out against money fights before winning the belt

Fincher7

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
1:50

4ytnp1.jpg

Woodley is a master negotiator. Deal with it.

Glad to see Woodley wised up. There is no more merit in the UFC. It's all about money. Blame Dana and company

If you thought you'd make more money fighting a guy who hasn't won in five years than by fighting a guy wrecking the top of the division, which fight would you prefer?

If you thought you'd make more money fighting a guy who hasn't won in five years than by fighting a guy wrecking the top of the division, which fight would you prefer?

It depends on whether you care how you're viewed as a champion.

The belt is supposed to signify you're the best in the division so it's kind of fake if you're ducking the top challenger.

But money makes the world go around, so..

It would depend on whether I felt I just got lucky, or if I thought I was a legitimate champion. I'm not sure whether Woodley actually believes he's the best in the division(or can compete with the best), I guess we'll find out though.

If you actually thought you were the best fighter it would be kinda obvious that you'd wanna wreck anyone who's making people doubt you.

If you actually thought you were the best fighter it would be kinda obvious that you'd wanna wreck anyone who's making people doubt you.

That's not obvious at all. If you're raising a family and just got paid for the first time in 18 months, I think it's obvious that you'd have money on your mind.

The UFC opened the door to this kind of thing with Conor, and especially with Bisping. Any champ would be stupid at this point not to to start a beef with a fan favorite they think they can beat.

I think Woody is going to be the next JBJ as far as being hated on....

and he's earned it

Woodley likes money.

Whoever he fights, I'm excited to see it.

I think Woody is going to be the next JBJ as far as being hated on....

and he's earned it

I don't think he has what it takes. He's starting to look like a bit of a ducker, but he seems like a fundamentally decent man.

Damn, Woodley is smart enough to argue for what benefits him the most when he's a challenger, and still smart enough to argue for what benefits him the most when he's champion.

Stop hating TS, black champs matter.

Damn, Woodley is smart enough to argue for what benefits him the most when he's a challenger, and still smart enough to argue for what benefits him the most when he's champion.

Stop hating TS, black champs matter.

Lol... What does skin color have to do with any of this?

We have the worst champions in the history of the sport.

If we can get Diaz vs Twood on 202 that would pretty much give fans everything cause Thompson isnt ready that fast and he would get the winner. Or would he lol....what if the winner calls out GSP.

He's admitted to as much.

I don't understand what you fans think this is
This is prize fighting

They're stepping into a cage, being locked in with a 200lb athlete who intends to do them bodily harm. These guys have families, they have futures. I'll never hate on a fighter for wanting to get paid.

Back