Video: Why These Headhunters Converted to Christianity | National Geographic

DTlpoTA.png

lol looks like pubic hairs do these guys grow that neckbeard out thinking it looks good?

The head hunters up north in the mountains of the philippines were converted by american missionaries through goodwill and education. Something that the Spanish couldn't do with their 333 years of occupation.
Spain had almost no control over the Philippines . It was shaky at best til the early 1800s. It was basically a trading post at the end of a long supply line. But yeah, they never really conquered it and didn't influence it much outside of the missionaries

Spain had almost no control over the Philippines . It was shaky at best til the early 1800s. It was basically a trading post at the end of a long supply line. But yeah, they never really conquered it and didn't influence it much outside of the missionaries
We were actually governed first through Mexico until their independence and while Spain was ahead of the curve when it comes to conquering they are not the British when it came to administering.

We were actually governed first through Mexico until their independence and while Spain was ahead of the curve when it comes to conquering they are not the British when it came to administering.
Yes, Mexico did administer the Philippines, but that was loose. Heck they couldn't stop the anti Chinese riots and nearly lost control many times. The bourbons did try a bit harder, but by then Spain was a mess and couldn't do much on the other side of the world. Which is why you guys never really spoke Spanish . The Spanish never came in a way to impact you guys in any cultural way

Yes, Mexico did administer the Philippines, but that was loose. Heck they couldn't stop the anti Chinese riots and nearly lost control many times. The bourbons did try a bit harder, but by then Spain was a mess and couldn't do much on the other side of the world. Which is why you guys never really spoke Spanish . The Spanish never came in a way to impact you guys in any cultural way
Not saying the Spanish were saints but they were never as brutal as the Americans. They shaped our education system that's why we have the Spanish bad, Americans good mentality. They even chose the national hero for us. Someone who was literary and never the one who organized resistance and fought in the battlefield. There were more Filipinos killed in 30 years of American rule compared to over 300 years of Spanish rule.

It amazes me the power of Christianity through history to convert people. I can't imagine the conversations that took place that ended up converting the Vikings and other warlike peoples (ignoring those who were forced to convert). Christianity does seem to have something very persuasive about it.
"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

I like the part where he hits bankers with a whip and drives them out of an important government institution
Jesus is a WARRIOR! He's not cradling lamb 24/7!

Oh, and that "government institution" was actually a temple.

more worshiping of the son/sun instead of that which created all.
paganism

It amazes me the power of Christianity through history to convert people. I can't imagine the conversations that took place that ended up converting the Vikings and other warlike peoples (ignoring those who were forced to convert). Christianity does seem to have something very persuasive about it.

The Vikings did it so they wouldnt become marginalized in trade. If they had remained pagan they wouldnt have been able to trade with other countries. Even then, Scandinavia was never very Christian. Iceland to this day has a lot of pagans.

I like the part where he hits bankers with a whip and drives them out of an important government institution
I’ve always found that one who dosent know much of the teachings of the Bible, usually always refers back to this one same line and so called scripture... it says he made a whip of cords and drive them out... he chased them and scared them... he flipped over tables and released pigeons bc they were essentially sacrificing them for people for a price, in the house of god... they set up shop and we’re exchanging currency like a bank and that I believe is what got Jesus killed a very short time later... always the bankers, even today it still stands the test of time

The story of Jesus is badass....but sadly it was turned into a corporation and the believers in the west are still a bunch of cunts who don't help people.

While I disagree with religion in general, some are better than others. This is Christianity is not a threat when it spreads and can actually help some societies while others, well...

Would these guys be considered war criminals under international law?

The story of Jesus is badass....but sadly it was turned into a corporation and the believers in the west are still a bunch of cunts who don't help people.

They call those prosperity preachers

more worshiping of the son/sun instead of that which created all.
paganism

Paganism is a failed religion that did not produce the fruit needed to stay in power. You can only sacrifice so many virgins or cast so many spells or perform so many rituals to make sure it rains and then have it not rain before people call bullshit on it.

Take "The Secret" and Conor's rise. He was convinced he had found a magical secret and some of the members on this forum believed him and while he was winning it seemed legit. But then Conor lost and it all turned out to be bullshit.

Who do these headhunters largely target, Dalits and other scheduled tribes? As if they did not have it bad enough already.

Back