(Video) TJ Dillashaw sparring with Lomachenko in Boxing.

YOu can only kick if you're on the outside...lomanchenko would get on the inside so fast...the fight would be over...you're very naive...

Open up kicks to a boxer and everything changes. But I don't know shit...carry on.

Luckily it's not Connor sparring Lomachenko or else @PROlogic would be claiming that Lomachenko is going full 100% in sparring and can't get Connor down!
facts, conor can also get his ass beat pillar to post and that retard will break it down explaining how conor got the better of Loma lol
mj-laughing.gif

He is just a boxer, as in he doesn't know anything about knees, elbows, kicks or the clinch.

TJ would beat his legs and body up with kicks outside of boxing range and probably set him up for a headkick.

Some boxing movements are bad when kicks and knees are involved as well.
He is not "just a boxer"

1- he is one of the top p4p boxers in the world right now

2- he has a background in sambo, judo and wrestling, competed in those sports and has said he used to win tournaments in them.

Lomachencko is a goddamn freak of nature. Possibly the best amateur boxer in history, insane skills as a pro, went pro fighting at championship level immediately. He is incredibly well rounded, amazing footwork, head movement, power, speed, technique, fight IQ.

He is not "just a boxer"

1- he is one of the top p4p boxers in the world right now

2- he has a background in sambo, judo and wrestling.

How is any of that going to help him with defending against kicks?

There were several moments there where it's clear TJ would have slept him if they weren't pillow fighting with helmets on. The only thing Loma beats TJ at is a boxing match, he loses even an all hands standup fight with small or or no gloves.

Nope.

I got TJ in a kickboxing match easy. Muay Thai rules TJ definitely wins.

Loma is just a boxer.

Others have pointed out Loma has done sambo and has experience with leg kicks.

If you take a pure boxer and pure MT fighter, the latter will win in a kickboxing match, and the former in a boxing match.

This should surprise no one.

What is it about TJ that's so damn unlikeable? I cant put my finger on it. Yes, it's partially me just being an asshole but there's something elsssssssse.

I tune in for his fights but am also not a fan. Like you said, I'm not sure exactly why I don't like him but I know every time I've heard him speak he has said something mildly off-putting. Also, his gyno bothers me a little bit because nobody has asked him about it. Perhaps it isn't steroid use that caused it but its worth asking since it is as noticeable as shamrock or bonnar's and he's half their age.

Honestly, even if you told tj he could kick, id still pick loma over him...and he'd beat him quite easily...the difference is boxing skill is like a golden glove boxer, fighting floyd mayweather...

Yes because boxers face leg kicks so often

Others have pointed out Loma has done sambo and has experience with leg kicks.

If you take a pure boxer and pure MT fighter, the latter will win in a kickboxing match, and the former in a boxing match.

This should surprise no one.

Since when does Sambo include leg kicks?

What is it about TJ that's so damn unlikeable? I cant put my finger on it. Yes, it's partially me just being an asshole but there's something elsssssssse.
He doesn't appeal to your emotionalism

Thats what winners do, they seek help from someone better than they are. While Cody is training with Faber, Castillo, and Holdsworth. No wonder TJ was some poised under fire

Got that high school villain look about him

Honestly, even if you told tj he could kick, id still pick loma over him...and he'd beat him quite easily...the difference is boxing skill is like a golden glove boxer, fighting floyd mayweather...

Lol no. A few well timed kicks to the legs or even the arms and Loma is done. And Im a boxing head but lets be real. Imagine a full MMA fight? Now Loma would have a chance because a fight starts standing but Loma aint even a KO puncher.

Loma would stop TJ in boxing and TJ does the same to Loma in MMA

This is quite old footage. TJ outof shape, Loma in the middle of camp. Still cool.

That shot at 1:11(aye yai yai) was solid. Loma turned it up after that. TJ also landed a sweet cross counter from southpaw at the 1:49 mark.

Last edited:
did he try to sucker punch Loma after the bell like he did Takeru?

Old.
Tj seems to not sit down on his punches enough and too much wasted movement.
Notice the greats like floyd and loma just walk straight at you and move when they need to. None of that domenic cruz shit

Lol no. A few well timed kicks to the legs or even the arms and Loma is done. And Im a boxing head but lets be real. Imagine a full MMA fight? Now Loma would have a chance because a fight starts standing but Loma aint even a KO puncher.

Loma would stop TJ in boxing and TJ does the same to Loma in MMA

I wasn't talking about mma...just kickboxing...I just felt loma's boxing skills are so superior it might make up for the kicking...maybe not.

<1> TJ throws one highkick masked by a jab feint and lomachenko's head lands in a siberian gulag.

TJ throws everything hard, he needs to calm down, its just a sparring session.

Back