[Video] Tim Sylvia vs Igor Vovchanchyn

Bocgam

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
There's not really a video. I can't deliver that. But wouldn't you enjoy watching that fight? Who takes it?

Tim Sylvia (6'8'' 265 lbs.) vs. Igor Vovchanchyn (5'8'' 235 lbs.)

Is there some way that Igor can compensate for the obscene reach disadvantage? If we make him "Prime" we can discard his losses to Tra Telligman, Mario Sperry, and certainly Overeem, right?

Or does Tim jab his way to a unanimous decision? Or maybe we see the geared up version of Sylvia that beat Ricco Rodriguez.

Fight starts at 2:17, if you want to Skip the intros.

A 2008 makes a thread like this?

Jeeze...disappointing. But I'll bite.

Depends on which version of Tim shows up, the one who likes grabbing the thai clinch and throwing knees or the one who is jab heavy.

Plenty of significantly shorter opponents at a reach disadvantage clipped Tim during his career. Tim was never very skilled defensively, he entirely relied on height and reach. Igor was pretty skilled at safely closing the gap and landing big shots. If jab heavy Tim came out, Igor would have a real shot at clipping him.

If Tim went for knees though, Igor would be in trouble. Igor would use head movement (notably dipping and ducking) to get inside. That be knee-city against a guy like Sylvia.

Well, I would think that Igor would jump in at sometime, get inside, and throw BOMBS! Tim is pretty under rated on here, but I would still go with Igor. Timmys not good with hard punchers.

Ricco Tim would absolutely steamroll Igor. The best version of Igor would beat the terrible end of career Tim but Tim wins most scenarios, massive size differential.

Son of a bitch thread tittle this is the most fucking misleading thread tittle in Sherdog History.

You dont use [VIDEO] tags for threads that will not have any fucking video.

And no none wants to see Tim Sylvia today no one wants to see him shit his pants!!

You should have made this thread in 2008 when you created that account.

Ricco Tim would absolutely steamroll Igor. The best version of Igor would beat the terrible end of career Tim but Tim wins most scenarios, massive size differential.

It really is Tim's fight to lose. I think Igor has a shot at prime Tim because Tim made a lot of idiotic mistakes tactically, but that's really it. Tim using his whole skillset should beat Igor.

It's crazy, but I just realised Big Timmeh is one of the only fighters to not have a fighter highlight on YouTube. Let alone a former champion not having one.

Got me in here lol sure it would be a fun freak show fight. Hell Igor vs Gan Mcgee could have happened or Sammy Schilts (SS) vs Igor in pride

Starting this dumb thread has made me realize that my shamelessly tantalizing and misleading title really disappointed you all.

Clearly this was a fight people wanted to see.

TS, I think this 'disappointment' you speak of has more to do with the blatant lie and the lack of remorse afterwards.

Back