*VIDEO* Technique - Squirrel Lock (Kimura with legs from under side control)

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Oliver Geddes, May 15, 2014.

1. Oliver Geddes

Oliver Geddes Amateur Fighter

And part 2 of the previous series. Quick advance warning, this might look a little (okay, a lot) complex, but it's really a lot simpler than it looks once you get the hang of it. I've had a fair degree of success with it, and I know there are a bunch of people out there who are going to say it's pointless showing something so ridiculous because it will never work on anyone good. Well...I think it's an interesting technique that most people won't have seen before, and worth teaching. So! Enjoy!

Like, Reshare, Subscribe, etc.!

2. grecobjj

grecobjj Purple Belt

wheres your hold? belt?
    if im able to start sweep without guy defending right away, wheres the far arm? forearm on mat? reaching thru legs?

forgive me lil early and a lil hungover

3. Oliver Geddes

Nowhere in particular. Generally still holding the belt with your head tight enough to the back of his arm that he can't swim it back over for the crossface.

4. Oliver Geddes

Oh heck. I was waiting for someone to call me out and say the previous technique would never work in competition, but no-one has so far. So without further ado, I present...my Squirrel Lock Competition Highlight!
    Enjoy.

5. BJJArsenal

BJJArsenal Brown Belt

Ha! Was just looking for your Dogbar thread to post this. Cool technique.

I'd been thinking about this sort of move and thought I'd made a break-through until realising I'd invented the inverted omoplata, you know, that move Nino Schembri's been hitting since the 90's.